Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Used suite upgrade certificate on a recent stay, due to a problem with the call centre agent, my certificated has been used, however, did not get applied to the stay.

Only found out about 2 days before with the hotel, sadly only a smoking suite available. The smoking suite turned out to be really smoky... managed to change to the back tower none smoking suite on the last night. I can see that the hotel staff was doing their best however nothing was available, other than having my 10 year old stayed 3 nights at a very smoky room, it was a good stay.

Is there any way I can complaint the call centre agent not doing her job properly?
Email Hyatt Consumer affairs and tell them about your situation. They're usually pretty good about responding and finding amicable solutions.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Has anyone stayed here recently? Thread's been dead without easy entry into the country Is the club back open?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Suggest you check out the property's website.

Not interested in visiting Singapore until the current restrictions, which are still quite stringent, are eased.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Has anyone stayed here recently? Thread's been dead without easy entry into the country Is the club back open?
I considered it for a trip when the quarantinee free opens for certain countries but heard half of it is under construction. The prices are pretty high too.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:26 am

I earned globalist by staying here for 15 nights back in January. Im now at 90 nights while only having stayed at here and Andaz Singapore

the lounge is very much open and serving great Asian cuisine from 6 - 8, and nonalcoholic beverages all day long.

breakfast is downstairs at the Straits kitchen (main restaurant). Its a proper buffet where the restaurant staff serve you and everything is cooked to order.

however, the terrace wing is now closed for a 14 month long much needed renovation. The pool is closed, and a temporary gym has been setup in level 6.

Ive had wonderful upgrades to the duplex and grand corporate suites here whenever they are available, and highly recommend this property for any globalists, if theyre fine with a dated property.
meducate, ryandc99 and Vyvd like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 5:46 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Kenryk Chacko!

Thanks for the details.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 9:34 pm

Yes, I have stayed there recently on an extended stay. Service is stellar, Club Lounge is open.

Note that the property has started their 300 million renovation program and only the main building is open. The Annex building is closed. Grand Suite King in the main building is the best suite you can get.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:15 pm

Have they renovated any of the rooms?
Old Oct 29, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SMK77
Yes, I have stayed there recently on an extended stay. Service is stellar, Club Lounge is open.

Note that the property has started their 300 million renovation program and only the main building is open. The Annex building is closed. Grand Suite King in the main building is the best suite you can get.
Curious, did you see the 300 million reported in an article somewhere? That sounds like a massive renovation. They have 677 rooms and thats 440k per key. Not sure if this is USD or SGD but its a significant value either way.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Thanks all for the feedback. Perhaps I will be able to return soon. This property didn't use to upgrade to suites, just their deluxe room in the past. I have TSUs to burn so may just use anyways, though I will miss the duplex option since it's no longer the standard suite
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pre-registration done by an AI chatbot.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 7:52 pm

I just completed a Sunday to Friday stay.
In breakfast: Straits is open. They-serve buffet. Very nice. There are two seatings, 7:30AM and 9:15AM. The hotel assigned me to the early seating, which suited my schedule most days. All seatings for Monday through Wednesday were filled at 11:00AM Sunday, so I appreciated whatever special accommodation got me in at all.

Grand Club: Open 11:00AM or noon until 8:00PM, maybe later. Until 6:00PM, they will bring you a coffee, tea, slice of cake and/or cookie. (Based on my one daytime visit.) 6:00-8:00PM hors d'oeuvres, brought to table.

Temporary fitness center set up, open 7:00AM - 10:00PM. Masks required but never worn: no enforcement. I'm not suggesting the hotel should/should not have enforced when they came regularly to clean, but, scared of an infection and SGD500 per night quarantine, I managed my risk by going to another gym.

Service was good, even when I got flustered over the fact that I was being told when I would have breakfast, take-it-or-leave-it. (This was before I understood that it was seatings, one of two windows.)

I was given a perfect upgrade - quiet, as I'd requested and an, I think, junior suite. No audible construction noise for this day sleeper.

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Feb 11, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Old Mar 24, 2022, 2:18 am

Minor updates: breakfast seatings now 7:00-8:30AM and 9:00-10:30AM.

There is now someone at the fitness center from around 8:00AM to 6:00PM. Still no mask or distancing enforcement, but equipment is cleaned periodically. (Most guests don't. )

I got the same junior suite upgrade.

For any vegetarians or teetotalers out there, you won't find much reason to visit the Grand Club. At least I didn't. There are several wines and two beers offered.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:10 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Question

What is going on with availability at this hotel? Trying to book a 2 night stay in September and October - no matter which dates or length of stay I play around with, GH Singapore shows no availability. Am I booking too early or will this hotel be closed?

Meanwhile andaz shows availability for almost any dates in advance

Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
They are undergoing renovation which reduces (halves?) their capacity. Not too surprising it's sold out with SG reopening. Also makes Glob standard suites hard to get, particularly since they've been selling them at a discount to their usual.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.