Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I thought the deluxe suite is a full suite even if they call it a junior suite at the desk. By full suite, I mean a full door between living room and bedroom. I found it extremely satisfactory. Got it the last 3 stays as platinum/, but they were very short stays and I first stayed with them many many years ago, so have history with them.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by sam_goh
I'm torn on this. There is the principle of base suite - but there are so few duplexes at this property that auto upgrade would make it harder to use DSUs as well.

I've stayed here the last few summers, will probably do a booking and use a DSU it sounds like.
The auto upgrade is done at check-in, though, whereas DSUs are applied in advance.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The deluxe king you normally get here is quite nice.... so little to complain about if you get this from the standard room you booked.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by beachfan
I thought the deluxe suite is a full suite even if they call it a junior suite at the desk. By full suite, I mean a full door between living room and bedroom. I found it extremely satisfactory.
Originally Posted by RTW1
The deluxe king you normally get here is quite nice.... so little to complain about if you get this from the standard room you booked.
And while the Duplex Suite is cool, the up and down the stairs gets old. I found I used the living area considerably less than I would if it were on the same level.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Upgraded to a junior suite without using a DSU. Didn't anyone else notice the bar downstairs caters to nothing but prostitutes?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Imagine that... prostitutes in a bar near Orchard Road/Tower.
Welcome to Asia.
solewalker likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:51 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
They are sex workers, actually.

And those of us who don't solicit them appear to be the minority when doing business in Asia. Every cab driver attempts to tell you where you can find them.

We generally stay at the StR and my male partner and I would have ladies greeting us on the way home. It's harmless and they were polite so didn't bother us one bit.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Just done a 2 night stay at GH, upgraded to Jr Suite, tried to use my last DSU before expiration but not available. However the jr suite was really good, it is a proper suite.

Choice for breakfast was very limited in the lounge, food section is a little too small.

We love the location and it was a great stay.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Any experience with Explorist using the club access upgrade?
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by SP03
+1. I am also interested in this, for no better reason than to burn a club voucher during my trip to SG.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:13 pm

I just booked a P+C stay and used my Explorist lounge certificate. Won't be able to report until November, though.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SP03
Not sure what you want to know. You'll get club access, as if you'd paid for a club room. The club is okay; not great by Asia standards.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not sure what you want to know. You'll get club access, as if you'd paid for a club room. The club is okay; not great by Asia standards.
I think they might want to know what kind of room upgrade the property is giving to Explorists using a Club Access Award. If I'm not mistaken, paid club rooms are the club deluxe, and I do not recall reading a post by any Dia/Gob who did not get at least upgraded to a Deluxe room. But if using a Club Access Award and booking a standard room, there is no gurantee of a Deluxe room

In WoH, Explorists are supposedly entitled to the best available non-club-access room, and the Club Access Award, unlike a Club Upgrade on pts, does not entitle the member to an actual Club room, but there's not a lot of data available on what actually properties are doing, and I suspect it will vary somewhat by property.

In fact there is also not a lot of data on how well Explorists are faring re room upgrades when not using a Club Access Award either, or at least I have not seen much.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Since an award only gives you access to the lounge, not a club room, it will be just the regular Expl upgrade here based on availability, if any....
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I think they might want to know what kind of room upgrade the property is giving to Explorists using a Club Access Award. If I'm not mistaken, paid club rooms are the club deluxe, and I do not recall reading a post by any Dia/Gob who did not get at least upgraded to a Deluxe room. But if using a Club Access Award and booking a standard room, there is no gurantee of a Deluxe room
Originally Posted by RTW1
Since an award only gives you access to the lounge, not a club room, it will be just the regular Expl upgrade here based on availability, if any....
Good points. I concur that the question is not the effect of the club access award, but rather the standard Explorist upgrade (if any).

I wouldn't pick this as one of the properties that warrants using the club access award, but if you're not going to burn them otherwise, why not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.