Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (reopening 10 Jul 2024)

Old May 20, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
Why would they need to tell you you have to pay for drinks in the restaurant ?.
I think he means that, based on the menu price, he expected to get free refills. And at that price, who wouldn't??? Pop is such a rip-off -- the cost per serving is in the pennies, and yet they insist on screwing you for it. I swear most restaurants are in the business of selling pop, and only bother to put food on the menu to make you thristy! (ok, rant over, and I'll stick to water!)
Old May 21, 2010, 2:17 am

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
A few weeks ago they were giving me a room in the back tower until I said I preferred the front and they changed no problem. I stayed again last week and they automatically put me in the usual Grand Deluxe in the fron tower.

Why would they need to tell you you have to pay for drinks in the restaurant ?.
Its not the local custom to give free refills in any Asian countries. Many Asians who have not been to the States or Canada often, are surprised to find many places offer free refils on soft drinks.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:03 am

When a Diamond books a Grand Deluxe room (which comes with Club access), what kind of upgrade (if any) does a Diamond get?
Old Jul 3, 2010, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What recent renovations were made here?

Do all rooms have hardwood floors?
glass sinks? or chrome sinks?
Nespresso machines?
flat-screen TVs?

Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What recent renovations were made here?

Do all rooms have hardwood floors?
glass sinks? or chrome sinks?
Nespresso machines?
flat-screen TVs?

Thanks!
Just checked into a club room. Yes - hardwood floors, white/grey marble in entrance, desk area and bathroom. Normal white sink embedded in marble. Large LG flat screen tv. No coffee machine - just a water boiler. The corner windows dont really allow that much natural light into the room.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Sphinx
Just checked into a club room. Yes - hardwood floors, white/grey marble in entrance, desk area and bathroom. Normal white sink embedded in marble. Large LG flat screen tv. No coffee machine - just a water boiler. The corner windows dont really allow that much natural light into the room.
Were you in the main tower across the reception or the tower at the back which has the spa?

Also LG TV is a change as they use to have Bang Olufsen tv's at least in the main tower.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 2:38 am

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1K+
Were you in the main tower across the reception or the tower at the back which has the spa?

Also LG TV is a change as they use to have Bang Olufsen tv's at least in the main tower.
I'm in the tower at the back with the spa.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by hobo13
I think he means that, based on the menu price, he expected to get free refills. And at that price, who wouldn't??? Pop is such a rip-off -- the cost per serving is in the pennies, and yet they insist on screwing you for it. I swear most restaurants are in the business of selling pop, and only bother to put food on the menu to make you thristy! (ok, rant over, and I'll stick to water!)
Who's the world's biggest seller of coke? Who sell's more coke than hamburgers? Micky D's thats who. They don't sell hamburgers they sell coke and they make billions - what a business model!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed at the GH using a BWB night a couple of weeks ago, and had a decent stay. I'd definitely return if redeeming a free promotional award night, though wouldn't use points or pay a revenue rate. I posted a full trip report with pictures here.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:21 am

inconsistencies at the GH spore

Grand Spore is my hotel of choice when in Spore ......usually . Now with Marina Sands and some newer properties in town incld the Ascott residences i do have a choice but invariably end up at the Hyatt .

SO i am confused and perplexed by the inconsistencies i get , in terms of priviledges here .....i have always received a small box of chocs and usually with an upgrade to various categories incld on one occasion ... becos i arrived late from Zurich , an upgrade to the Presidential Suite ! [ guess the hotel was really full ] and i was a mere Silver then

thoroughly appreciated .

however as a diamond now ..i get upgraded to a grand club king with club access and a small box of choc and 3 pieces of fruit ....thats it !!....and this is in addition to the LONG LONG walk to the back wing and the continous doors banging shut of other rooms......

rooms were paid rooms

appreciate any feedbacks and experiences here

thanks
Old Aug 10, 2010, 6:27 am

on the other hand at a recent stay with family at the GH Tokyo ..couple of rooms mixed paid and awrds ..we wer4e treated like royalty !!!!...a bottle of wine in each room and a special set up for the upgraded room .....and all had club access ........singapore feels like some scrooge in comparison .....what gives singapore grand hyatt ??...........
Old Aug 10, 2010, 4:18 pm
Community Director Emerita

I don't think the GH Singapore has ever given me more than a box of chocolates. Perhaps I've gotten fruit, though I don't clearly remember. On this stay, they had preblocked me into the back tower. I said that I had stayed here multiple times in past months, and I prefer remaining in the front tower. She spoke to her manager and it was done. She said she has added it to my profile.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
......On this stay, they had preblocked me into the back tower. I said that I had stayed here multiple times in past months, and I prefer remaining in the front tower. She spoke to her manager and it was done. She said she has added it to my profile.
When the Grand Club in the Terrace Wing is open, they only put Diamonds in the Terrace Wing.

I asked about upgrade to Grand Wing as I was put in Grand Wing when Terrace Wing Grand Club was closed; I was told that there will be a $50 upgrade charge. I hope the Grand Club in Terrace Wing will close soon or I might go back to stay at St Regis.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, AA-Gold, Hyatt-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by TerryK
When the Grand Club in the Terrace Wing is open, they only put Diamonds in the Terrace Wing.

I asked about upgrade to Grand Wing as I was put in Grand Wing when Terrace Wing Grand Club was closed; I was told that there will be a $50 upgrade charge.
First time to SIN Hyatt and when I realized there are 2 towers and as we were walking to the back tower, I asked about the front tower availability for diamond. I too was told $50 upgrade charge for using points. Is the front tower that much better?

When they realized that we have an early flight to catch, the staff arranged room service with juice, muffins, cold cut meat.....to our room at 5am. It was a nice touch and I don't remember ever getting this from other Hyatt properties.

Oh, the box of free chocolate....according to my wife and kids, they taste bad and not worth taking home. After our KUL trip, we didn't even open the 2nd box of chocolate. For my wife to say "no" to chocolate.....it must be really bad!
Old Aug 14, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Red, SQ, HH Silver, Marriott Gold.
Any drinks in Singapore hotels are expensive.
Doesn't matter whether soft drink or alcohol.
And forget free refills!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.