Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Thanks for all the replies. Basically I'm trying to figure out what the overall experience would be like as Explo with club access.

Seems like the best non suite room is the deluxe so that should be the room I would get if available? And the deluxe room on non club floor is the same as deluxe on the club floor?

I will be traveling all over SE and E Asia for ~ 1.5 months, so lots of potential stays, but I'm trying hard to switch to Marriott/SPG, so really don't have a lot of Hyatt stays and have lots of club access upgrade.

Any suggestions on better places to use club access?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SP03
Of the properties I've stayed at in SE Asia, GH Hong Kong, GH Erawan, HR Hua Hin all have pretty nice lounges.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by SP03
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Just checked in (booked standard - got a standard suite as a globalist). However THEY CHANGED THE ROBES! Its been almost a year since last I stayed here. Not going to lie I absolutely loved those old robes. Now they are just a standard robe instead of soft goodness.

Over all okay stay so far. Property looking more tired than I recall. I suspect they are due for a refresh.

Club lounge is good as always although options seem abit more limited than previous.

Not bad for under 250 a night. Have a few projects here and looking forward to trying the andaz shortly.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:00 am

Do they offer breakfast in the restaurant in addition to the lounge for Globilists?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by tinnub
Do they offer breakfast in the restaurant in addition to the lounge for Globilists?
During my last stay in July, the Globalist breakfast amenity was for the lounge only
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
During my last stay in July, the Globalist breakfast amenity was for the lounge only
I think that's been consistently the case for the last several years.

I'd be shocked if they loosened it under WoH, as the trend has been the other direction (e.g., GH Hong Kong).
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Can confirm. Breakfast is club only at least that's what I have been told by staff.

Originally Posted by Kacee
I think that's been consistently the case for the last several years.

I'd be shocked if they loosened it under WoH, as the trend has been the other direction (e.g., GH Hong Kong).
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by footastic
Just checked in (booked standard - got a standard suite as a globalist). However THEY CHANGED THE ROBES! Its been almost a year since last I stayed here. Not going to lie I absolutely loved those old robes. Now they are just a standard robe instead of soft goodness.

Over all okay stay so far. Property looking more tired than I recall. I suspect they are due for a refresh.

Club lounge is good as always although options seem abit more limited than previous.

Not bad for under 250 a night. Have a few projects here and looking forward to trying the andaz shortly.
What exactly is the "standard suite" at this property?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:18 pm

If you look at the room descriptions on an availability search, it seems that Grand Suite is the only suite designated as a standard suite.

Previously, the Grand Suite used to be more expensive than the Grand Duplex suite, and DSU used to book into Grand Duplex suite, but now the Grand Duplex suite seems to be designated "premium suite" and more expensive than Grand Suites.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by stargold
If you look at the room descriptions on an availability search, it seems that Grand Suite is the only suite designated as a standard suite.

Previously, the Grand Suite used to be more expensive than the Grand Duplex suite, and DSU used to book into Grand Duplex suite, but now the Grand Duplex suite seems to be designated "premium suite" and more expensive than Grand Suites.
Is that possibly a result of renovations?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Is that possibly a result of renovations?
Have been in one the last 4 summers. I don't think they've touched much, if any. Wondering if we will like the Grand Suite as well.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:13 pm

I can confirm that if you have the club room, you're only offered the breakfast at the club lounge, which I actually think it's quite adequate (food was delicious too) - the rooms was massive in my opinion especially when I went there by myself.
Hotel Review: https://buddhaexplores.com/2017/03/2...-hotel-review/
Club Lounge: https://buddhaexplores.com/2017/03/2...lounge-review/
Rest of Singapore: https://buddhaexplores.com/category/singapore/
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Agreed, the lounge attendants were fantastic. They proactively offered to bring me dishes that they thought were were the best and made sure I grab ones I like before the lounge closes.

The deluxe room was basically a suite and huge.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My partner and I had a very nice two night stay there recently. I used a suite upgrade for a points plus cash reservation and received a grand suite king. There was a miscommunication at check-in where my partner (who did the check-in) was confident she was told breakfast could be taken in Straits. It can't. No big deal. What is a big deal, however, is for this two night stay of roughly roughly SGD400 total the credit card pre-authorisation was a little over double that! Seems very excessive. Anyway, I look forward to going back once or twice as I burn my Hyatt points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.