Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Old Jul 25, 2023, 6:06 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Went to look at the website to confirm the 2024 date and noticed there are now renders of some of the new rooms.

They look quite modern and stylish IMO.

lsquare and rota like this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 7:06 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by gravii
Went to look at the website to confirm the 2024 date and noticed there are now renders of some of the new rooms.

They look quite modern and stylish IMO.

Looks pretty good, although I must say the mirror looks very tacky!
Old Aug 22, 2023, 2:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Looks like the website has been updated with more pictures, in particular of the suites (https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/si...re/sinrs/rooms).

Not great news though - 1) looks like delays have extended, some room types including the standard suites now show opening in end of 2024 2) the standard suite is now much smaller at 581 sq feet; quite a downgrade from the old duplex then grand (~1300 - 1k sq feet).

We've had really good memories here, but looks like we need to book the Andaz for our trips Dec 2023/June 2024 now.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 3:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Looks like the website has been updated with more pictures, in particular of the suites (https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/si...re/sinrs/rooms).

Not great news though - 1) looks like delays have extended, some room types including the standard suites now show opening in end of 2024 2) the standard suite is now much smaller at 581 sq feet; quite a downgrade from the old duplex then grand (~1300 - 1k sq feet).

We've had really good memories here, but looks like we need to book the Andaz for our trips Dec 2023/June 2024 now.
The image of the grand suite also suggests it doesn't have a separate bedroom and therefore isn't a true suite.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 4:22 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I don't think the images align with the suite/room types at this points of time. On my end, I see the same three pictures being used for all suite types. Similarly, there are four pictures being rotated for nine regular room types.

Originally Posted by sam_goh
the standard suite is now much smaller at 581 sq feet; quite a downgrade from the old duplex then grand (~1300 - 1k sq feet).
The standard suite offering hasn't been the Duplex Suite even before the renovation. TSU's have been booking into the Grand Suite King for a while now.

I can't quite reconcile the new room types to the old ones though, it would appear they did more then a renovation of the existing fit out. There doesn't seem to be an equivalent of the Duplex Suite anymore. The Grand Suite King is now now smaller then some of the regular rooms. Old room types.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 5:43 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
While the renderings of the main wing look very nice and modern, the terrace wing rooms (the wing that is supposed to open earlier) already look dated and also doesn’t bland in with everything else.

Don’t see any renderings on the facilities and grounds so still curious about their whole new wellness concept .
Old Sep 7, 2023, 2:00 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
What is the new opening date? Is there a soft opening also?
Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2023, 3:25 am

Looks the the grand suite (54 sqm) is effectively the same room type as the 1 king bed deluxe (54 sqm).There will be zero benefit of using a TSU here.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 6:36 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
When I was invited to see the new room mock ups in January 2022, I was told that the room configurations and categories would remain the same. I had asked specifically about the Grand Deluxe and Grand Suite categories.

So until there’s further news closer to reopening, I’ll remain optimistic that the Grand Deluxe will remain the best available room and the Grand Suite the standard suite.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 4:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
We loved this property so much when we visited in 2022. Looking forward to seeing the renovations but hope they don’t go beyond 2024 for the reopening. It’s crazy that they are going to be closed a year longer than anticipated. Hopefully they’re not having financial issues.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 7:31 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
I am surprised it has not been mentioned previously as it has been on the website for a while now but it seems that they have finally accepted the inevitable (for any one who has been past there recently) and are now saying the Grand Wing will not be reopening until 2025. They claim the Tower Wing will reopen in Q2 2024 but with the mess they have made of the refurb so far, starting with the ludicrously ambitious time scale they initially claimed, I will be impressed if that happens.
lsquare and rota like this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 1:49 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
I am surprised it has not been mentioned previously as it has been on the website for a while now but it seems that they have finally accepted the inevitable (for any one who has been past there recently) and are now saying the Grand Wing will not be reopening until 2025. They claim the Tower Wing will reopen in Q2 2024 but with the mess they have made of the refurb so far, starting with the ludicrously ambitious time scale they initially claimed, I will be impressed if that happens.
I see, that makes sense then. We were walking past it the other week and out of professional interest my spouse () asked when they plan to reopen the GH and I said that AFAIK the plan was not too far into 2024 and she looked at construction site again and laughed heartily adding that maybe they got the year wrong and meant 2025. Wise words I guess .
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:10 pm

AusBT with the scoop!

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...reopening-2024
Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
It doesn't allude to anything else other than what we know here though :/
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by lowjhg
It doesn't allude to anything else other than what we know here though :/
Some of the renderings are new to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.