Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Markie
If they send the survey - no one on property is interested.
Not even a Director of Rooms or Hotel manager?
Markie likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:54 pm

Currently staying on a Points+Cash rate and applied a suite upgrade several months ago. At check-in told that suite was in the back building because it was a Points+Cash stay. Of course this is a long walk from the Grand Club and generally annoying. So, it seems that the property is once again giving worse service if you actually use a rate they offer publicly.
I would have been happy to trade; you had the fitness center, spa and pool in your building, and I'm not fond of roaming all over Creation in my gym clothes. Just a matter of perspective. :-)
Markie likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Gym, what's a gym?

This part of the hotel - the back tower - is pretty much where they put people staying on cheaper rates. It has the feel of an upmarket backpackers.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Gym, what's a gym?
This part of the hotel - the back tower - is pretty much where they put people staying on cheaper rates. It has the feel of an upmarket backpackers.
There are quite a few posts in this thread giving positive reviews to the suites in the Terrace wing. Apparently they have been more recently renovated than the suites in the main wing.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:53 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
There are quite a few posts in this thread giving positive reviews to the suites in the Terrace wing. Apparently they have been more recently renovated than the suites in the main wing.
Indeed. I wrote a detailed review with photos of a suite in the back wing. I noticed no ‘backpacker’ ambience...
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by m0hamed

Indeed. I wrote a detailed review with photos of a suite in the back wing. I noticed no ‘backpacker’ ambience...
I completely agree. In ~20-ish stays there, I've only stayed in the back building once, but it was by far the nicest suite I've had there. Yes a bit of a pain to get to the Grand Club, but much closer to the pool, etc.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by m0hamed

Interesting - the weekend I was there was full of young couples, people at a conference and tourists. There was a lot of noise - I know it's a hotel and so I should expect it. I've never had that problem in the front tower.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:25 pm

Booked via points + suite upgrade for 6 nights in 2020. Looking forward to it. No issues regarding availability or room issues.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:09 pm
She

Are there any Deluxe King rooms in the Terrace Wing?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:10 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
500 evacuated due to kitchen fire at GH Singapore

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ng-scotts-road

“SINGAPORE - A fire in a restaurant at Grand Hyatt hotel caused about 500 people to be evacuated on Wednesday morning (March 27).

Footage of the incident shows thick plumes of smoke billowing out of the hotel.

No reported injuries. Imagine the smell of the smoke must be pretty strong.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Anyone have any input on GH vs Andaz for one night? I’ve stayed at the Andaz before so more wondering how this stacks up. I currently have the GH booked as it is about SGD50 less the night I am there. Really enjoyed my one stay last year at the Andaz and if it is better I would switch despite the price. Could more or less make it up taking the train one way right to the property.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by adambadam
Anyone have any input on GH vs Andaz for one night? I’ve stayed at the Andaz before so more wondering how this stacks up. I currently have the GH booked as it is about SGD50 less the night I am there. Really enjoyed my one stay last year at the Andaz and if it is better I would switch despite the price. Could more or less make it up taking the train one way right to the property.
While both properties have their advantages, I believe the Andaz is eligible for Privé on a 1-night stay, whereas GH is not. The Privé rate includes a USD50 or USD100 property credit, so that should close the gap in price vs. GH.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by lamont2718

While both properties have their advantages, I believe the Andaz is eligible for Privé on a 1-night stay, whereas GH is not. The Privé rate includes a USD50 or USD100 property credit, so that should close the gap in price vs. GH.
I can confirm that the Prive rate at Andaz includes a USD100 credit (actually SGD130).
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Thanks for the replies. Prive doesn’t matter as I am looking at a discount rate. If I was going to do Andaz with Prive difference would be the 100 dollar voucher (plus get most of the other benefits anyways as a Globalist).
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Both properties are very good and have their advantages.

As a Globalist you might enjoy GH's Grand Club which has an especially hospitable team. The price advantage for your dates would give it an edge from my perspective.
luvFclass likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.