Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
Sorry I don't know how to multi-quote to show the posters for all the quote, put thanks for the info Project. Hopefully I will have a chance to actually put everything everyone suggests to practice soon.
Np. I actually started a thread years ago with a wiki to detail the properties that allow more kids than what the website search shows. Haven't updated it in a long time though and I've stayed at/communicated with 2-3x the number of properties since. It's just hard to maintain a list plus I do think property rules are fluid so it's best to just contact the hotel directly and have their answers recorded in your communications.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:21 am

So you just got one of those 2 double rooms? I don't think they have 2 Qs right?
There's a small flat sofa in the roof that fits my younger kid perfectly
Old Feb 18, 2023, 8:09 am

Heading up to Taipei for a couple of days. Any updates on this property as a globalist? Is the breakfast back to lounge only or is there still a choice of cafe? Precovid it was lounge only. The TA reviews aren’t that great from the past 2 months. Maybe hotel hop around Taipei as well between the Grand Hyatt and the Marriott or Sheraton.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by myperks
Heading up to Taipei for a couple of days. Any updates on this property as a globalist? Is the breakfast back to lounge only or is there still a choice of cafe? Precovid it was lounge only. The TA reviews aren’t that great from the past 2 months. Maybe hotel hop around Taipei as well between the Grand Hyatt and the Marriott or Sheraton.
I had three stays here in November. Breakfast is only in the restaurant and is busy. The lounge is open from 11am to 9pm, with food and alcohol for two hours in the evening. Globalist upgrade was to a room on the lounge floor, and with a suite upgrade award to a Grand Suite King.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by jbeckett
I had three stays here in November. Breakfast is only in the restaurant and is busy. The lounge is open from 11am to 9pm, with food and alcohol for two hours in the evening. Globalist upgrade was to a room on the lounge floor, and with a suite upgrade award to a Grand Suite King.
thanks… I think reading TA, it appears that the GH may have gone back to precovid lounge only breakfast. Lots of the TA reviews also say the lounge is now (from my read) lackluster. Will report back.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 2:24 pm

I just saw that there is now a Hyatt option for Taipei that is a Hyatt Place in New Taipei City: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ta...inzhuang/tpezn

Anyone have any news about it? Only an 8 minute walk from a metro stop, supposedly for Taoyuan but seems to have a direct line to Taipei Main Station and also to the Airport and the station allows you to drop off luggage and check it in at the Metro station. Unfortunately, even for a HP, standard rooms are only for 3 people max. Sigh.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 2:51 pm

I just saw that there is now a Hyatt option for Taipei that is a Hyatt Place in New Taipei City: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ta...inzhuang/tpezn

Anyone have any news about it? Only an 8 minute walk from a metro stop, supposedly for Taoyuan but seems to have a direct line to Taipei Main Station and also to the Airport and the station allows you to drop off luggage and check it in at the Metro station. Unfortunately, even for a HP, standard rooms are only for 3 people max. Sigh.
Hyatt Place New Taipei City Xinzhuang (Taiwan) [MASTER THREAD]

as for in town check in, only EVA Air and China Airlines (and subs) offer it. Plus times are limited at A3 station.

with the SLH Eclat in more central Taipei going down to cat 2… it’s also a good choice though the rooms are not that big and elite benefits don’t apply.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
Hyatt Place New Taipei City Xinzhuang (Taiwan) [MASTER THREAD]

as for in town check in, only EVA Air and China Airlines (and subs) offer it. Plus times are limited at A3 station.

with the SLH Eclat in more central Taipei going down to cat 2… it’s also a good choice though the rooms are not that big and elite benefits don’t apply.
Thanks, I'll go check out the thread. I would probably be flying China anyway since I am in Hawaii and my wife abhors domestic metal versus Asian, and the Japanese airlines I think would be end up being more expensive than China just because. Although if I end up doing a layover in Japan, it may be cheaper since JAL gave a free stop-over last time.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 8:37 pm

I sent them an email about two months ago asking if they'd allow 2 adults and 2 young kids in a room. Never heard back.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 8:03 am

Generally no issues with 2 kids in Taiwan. You can call the hotel directly to ask if you want confirmation.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 8:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Considering a quick stopover in Taipei as part of a larger trip to SEA with the kids - does anyone know if GH Taipei is enforcing the "one person per room" requirement that Taiwan appears to still have for the first 7 days in the country?
Old Mar 9, 2023, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Considering a quick stopover in Taipei as part of a larger trip to SEA with the kids - does anyone know if GH Taipei is enforcing the "one person per room" requirement that Taiwan appears to still have for the first 7 days in the country?
Nope. There is no enforcement of the isolation period anywhere that I saw in Taipei.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Originally Posted by Clemson
Nope. There is no enforcement of the isolation period anywhere that I saw in Taipei.
It's not that there's no enforcement (although it is also true that there isn't lol) but that rule is a misnomer. It really should be one traveling party per room. Anyway, here is the relevant quote from the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Category/Q...20as%20Day%200.

Q4. Can people entering Taiwan on the same day undergo self-initiated prevention in the same room?
A4: Yes. Staying in the same room is allowed if there is a need to do so. However, if one of the individuals entering Taiwan on the same day becomes a COVID-19 confirmed case, the other people who have been staying with the confirmed case will be listed as close contacts and should comply with related epidemic prevention measures.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
It's not that there's no enforcement (although it is also true that there isn't lol) but that rule is a misnomer. It really should be one traveling party per room. Anyway, here is the relevant quote from the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Category/Q...20as%20Day%200.

Q4. Can people entering Taiwan on the same day undergo self-initiated prevention in the same room?
A4: Yes. Staying in the same room is allowed if there is a need to do so. However, if one of the individuals entering Taiwan on the same day becomes a COVID-19 confirmed case, the other people who have been staying with the confirmed case will be listed as close contacts and should comply with related epidemic prevention measures.
I don't think there's any enforcement of the traveling party thing either. I highly doubt anyone is going to have an issue with Covid restrictions unless they actually get sick from Covid and need treatment.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 5:12 pm

Any recent reviews of a base king room? No longer a Globalist, so not expecting any upgrades and planning on a stay next year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.