Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 6, 2007, 6:19 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Last time I was there... ~ a year ago... was no-name brand in "GH Taipei" bottles in the regular rooms and CrabTree and Evelyn in the Club Rooms / Suites.

Originally Posted by splatnz
Does anyone know what sort of toiletries they have at GH Taipei and are their different toiletries in standard or club rooms?

Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 4:14 am

Are the Diamonds getting the Club floor during the last few months? What kind of Diamond amenity are you getting?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 6:37 pm

I got a room on the Club floor when I was there last month. The Diamond Amenity was the same nice box of 9 truffles/chocolates that they sell in the lobby for like $13. The last few times I was there (although this was 2-3 years ago) I got a free drink in the Lobby Bar as a Diamond Amenity.

One interesting thing is that in my room there was a door hanger for a "free room service Diamond continental breakfast". I assume it is given to all Diamonds, although I'm not sure why they would give you room service breakfast if you are already on the Club floor. Although I'm not complaining. I ordered the room service breakfast and then I went and got my fill again in the Lounge.........................

This was my 5th time there and this time I FINALLY made it across the street and to the top of the tallest building in the world (Taipei 101).
Old Nov 30, 2007, 1:51 am

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Above pictures was took on Nov.16, Grand Hyatt Taipei

Click here to view album

I also got a box of 9 truffles/chocolates with welcome fruits, but now the Crabtree and Evelyn bathroom amenities are not available in the Club Rooms anymore. Replaced by "Hyatt Brand" - I find it in Japan and Hong Kong as well.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 9:13 am

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Bath Amenities

For those staying on the Premier Floor (Suite Categories: Premier Suite, Ambassador Suite, Chairman Suite, and Presidential Suite), the bath amenities are from Acqua di Parma.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Stayed there early October - was on the club floor and received the box of 9 chocolates/truffles, too. Also received a bottle of nice red wine, but I think that was for something else, and not part of the Diamond amenity.

I think the hotel offers free room service continental breakfast for all Gold Passport members. gregorygrady and I are leading parallel lives. As in another thread where I was just like GG (number of FFN nights for this promotion period) .... we did something similar as in his report a few posts earlier ..... 2 years ago when we stayed there (and also received a box of chocolate truffles for the Diamond amenity), my wife figured "why not?", and had the room service delivered, but then we went to the Club and stuffed our faces even more.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by richee
Stayed there early October - was on the club floor and received the box of 9 chocolates/truffles, too. Also received a bottle of nice red wine, but I think that was for something else, and not part of the Diamond amenity.

I think the hotel offers free room service continental breakfast for all Gold Passport members. gregorygrady and I are leading parallel lives. As in another thread where I was just like GG (number of FFN nights for this promotion period) .... we did something similar as in his report a few posts earlier ..... 2 years ago when we stayed there (and also received a box of chocolate truffles for the Diamond amenity), my wife figured "why not?", and had the room service delivered, but then we went to the Club and stuffed our faces even more.
Now only Diamond members will have continental breakfast thru room service. Grand Hyatt Taipei cancelled this benefit to Platinum and Gold member last few years. You will only see a menu on door and printed "Diamond member only" some words like that if you are a Diamond member.

I've been charged for the continental breakfast few years ago when I'm a Platinum tier. The story is I did not see the GP menu hand on the door and just simply order it via phone, then I found it charge to my bill. I asked the front desk why they charge for it, one lady mentioned that " we cancelled the free continental breakfast for Platinum and Gold member for few monthes, now only free coffee/tea served in the morning"

But anyway, they deduct the price of coffee/tea but I still have to paid the price for juice and bread
Old Nov 30, 2007, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by jkc22
For those staying on the Premier Floor (Suite Categories: Premier Suite, Ambassador Suite, Chairman Suite, and Presidential Suite), the bath amenities are from Acqua di Parma.
Just some pictures I took within Premier floor of Grand Hyatt Taipei.

Ambassador Suite (I forgot the name of this room type)
Old Nov 30, 2007, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by MattTaiwan
Now only Diamond members will have continental breakfast thru room service. Grand Hyatt Taipei cancelled this benefit to Platinum and Gold member last few years. You will only see a menu on door and printed "Diamond member only" some words like that if you are a Diamond member.
Thanks for the info. It must have happened within the past 2 years. When I stayed there 2 years ago (in SEPT 05), my brother, a plain ol' Gold member was there, too, and he received the free continental breakfast then.

On the recent stay a couple months ago, I noticed the door hanger for free breakfast, but didn't imbide nor looked at the hanger closely this time.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by richee
Thanks for the info. It must have happened within the past 2 years. When I stayed there 2 years ago (in SEPT 05), my brother, a plain ol' Gold member was there, too, and he received the free continental breakfast then.

On the recent stay a couple months ago, I noticed the door hanger for free breakfast, but didn't imbide nor looked at the hanger closely this time.
This month will stay in GH Taipei for Christmas and New Year's Eve.
I booked four rooms for Dec.31 of 2008 on Jan.1 of 2007, the room rate is just only TWD$8750 per night. But since it's the last year of Taipei 101 firework show, GH Taipei adjusted the room rate in Feb. of 07. The " 101 firework promotion rate" becomes to TWD$10600+10% w/o breakfast. Then, the rate jumped again with TWD$14600+10% in Apr. for standard room type - Grand King Room (But this time they offered 2 buffet breakfast per room).

The room rate I paid for Dec.31 of 2006 was TWD$6030+10% with breakfast.

I checked with GH Taipei reservation department and they told me this year were all fully booked, and they requested the guests must pay full deposit in advance. Total of 856 rooms and suites were all taken You even can not use the Hyatt Diamond membership to GTD a standard room with rack rate on Dec.31.

Amazing People! in Taiwan
Old Dec 3, 2007, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA - LFT GLD 1MM, UA - 2P, SPG - LFT Plat, Hyatt - Plat, HH - Gold, Avis - CHM
i'll be at the gh taipei 12/25 - 12/30 this year...thank you ffn!
Old Dec 13, 2007, 8:18 pm

Will be at the GH Taipei end of January 2008 for 4 nights. Anyone in the mining business do contact me.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Aircoco
Will be at the GH Taipei end of January 2008 for 4 nights. Anyone in the mining business do contact me.
a long holiday begins from early of Feb, for Chinese New Year, that's a good idea to finish you business before this. Taipei becomes a empty city during Chinese New Year. In 2008, if you took a two-days leave of absence of Feb. 4 & 5, you will get 9 days vacation from Feb. 2 to 10.

Some of my co-workers has been ask for leave.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:48 pm

Checking out today after a 4-night stay, upgraded to the Club floor at the 22nd floor, facing the Taipei 101. Nice view.

Taipei has been raining for the past few days, but getting around is easy, as there are plentiful of taxis.

The free breakfast that you can hang outside the door is now only available to Diamond. The lounge hour food was good, about 2 to 3 hot food items, but they shut down the service promptly at 8pm.

Tried the japanese buffet at Irodori, was pretty good with many variety of sushi and sashimi, hot soups, noodles and desserts. Abt NTD 1200.

And, you have to walk at least 10mins to reach the nearest subway, or you may take a shuttle bus from Taipei 101 to the subway. But the free shuttle ends 1st April 2008, as far as I understand.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Understand that Taipei has moved the bulk of the exhibition to the Nangang exhibition hall instead of using the World Trade Centre besides Hyatt Taipei.

Is the new exhibition hall far away from Grand Hyatt Taipei? Thx.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.