Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:17 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jja34-1
There are a handful of customer-facing staff (including managers) at the PH Melbourne who seem to think it is completely acceptable to be surly or rude to guests. Unfortunately their conduct casts a shadow over the great customer service provided by many of their colleagues.

I encountered a few front desk managers during my last stay who should not be employed by a luxury hotel given their attitude (including saying inappropriate things about me in an e-mail, which one of them inadvertently forwarded to me). While the hotel manager is a very nice gentleman and appeared to mean well, he did not give me the impression that he was overly concerned about how I felt as a customer. I had to escalate the issue further to the GM in order to get a response from Hyatt that indicated they were actually concerned about what had transpired.
This is the Grand Hyatt thread...
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
This is the Grand Hyatt thread...
Thank you for pointing out my error. Perhaps my experience remains relevant and Hyatt has a general issue with their senior staff in the Melbourne market.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:47 pm

Does this property charge for parking when on an award stay? Thinking about using my Hyatt Visa anniversary nights. Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by whistler814
Does this property charge for parking when on an award stay? Thinking about using my Hyatt Visa anniversary nights. Thanks.
The parking lot is not owned by the hotel so, yes, I believe charges apply
whistler814 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:45 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I recently stayed in GH Melbourne. Perhaps I should have posted my review in this thread rather than the hotel review thread.
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-location-2386
burroheadnebula likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:02 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by escape4
I recently stayed in GH Melbourne. Perhaps I should have posted my review in this thread rather than the hotel review thread.
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-location-2386
Nice TR. The GH doesn't own the gym, the gym just happens to be within the building. It is the best gym located within any hotel I have been to.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:42 am

The GH doesn't own the gym, the gym just happens to be within the building.
Ah. That would explain the rude behavior I got from one staff in the gym. When I took a couple of pictures of the equipment, I was told in a very impolite manner that I could not take pictures. This was in contrast with the polite hotel staff everywhere else.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Ah. That would explain the rude behavior I got from one staff in the gym. When I took a couple of pictures of the equipment, I was told in a very impolite manner that I could not take pictures. This was in contrast with the polite hotel staff everywhere else.
I assume that's just for the privacy of those using the gym.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:09 pm

I assume that's just for the privacy of those using the gym.
Yes I agree. But there is more than one way to communicate a message. In addition, specifically to consider privacy, I took the pictures with nobody in close range as can be seen from my pictures in the review thread, so I doubt anybody in there felt violated.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Grand club lounge to be renovated July 1st through July 19th/20th.

I just received an email from them (I stay here reasonably often):
The Lounge will be temporarily closed from mid-afternoon on Sunday 1st July to excitedly reopen for evening canapes at 6pm on Friday 20th July.

During this period of closure, breakfast will be served in Collins Kitchen, where you will be able to indulge in the award-winning, full buffet breakfast daily.

In lieu of evening canapes, we will arrange a voucher to the value of $35 per person, per night to be used in any of the Hotel’s dining outlets. Here you will have the choice of the Burn City Pop-Up with their Return of the Burn residency in Collins Kitchen or perhaps you’d prefer to try one of the Winter Series cocktails and a snack in Ru-Co or there is always the option of a night in with In-Room Dining.

All other Grand Club services, such as our dedicated Reception and Concierge Team will be available through our colleagues in the main lobby areas and they will be able to assist with any on-stay queries.
I'm tempted to book for July 20th just to experience an "excitedly reopen" ...
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by serfty

I just received an email from them (I stay here reasonably often):I'm tempted to book for July 20th just to experience an "excitedly reopen" ...
Wasn't aware a lounge could have feelings...
serfty likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Does this property play games with points availability? Points and C+P are both showing as unavailable for my desired dates, despite plenty of inventory otherwise.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:02 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Historically this has been a Gold Standard property and above board in all regards :-:
They don't play games with Globalist suite upgrades and reasobaly generous to the guest on revenue or points
That comes from my 25 years in booking there and staying a few times a year
Have seen aggressive rate increases over the years and I've noticed a trend at select Hyatt properties worldwide who appear to be manipulating standard room availability
Rarely had a problem there booking Chase Free nights.promotional WOH nights or point redemption in the past but cant speak about the past 5 months as I have used mostly revenue.
Anything can change overnight with a new rooms exec or management team
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Does this property play games with points availability? Points and C+P are both showing as unavailable for my desired dates, despite plenty of inventory otherwise.
How are you determining available inventory?

Is a standard king available on the dates you are looking at?
Old May 3, 2019, 8:30 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Checked in yesterday. Solid hotel. Declined to upgrade to a suite higher than standard, so I'm in a regular high floor room with a view, even though dipolmatic suite was open.

Did lounge breakfast this am, but will try to see if I can do restaurant breakfast by asking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.