Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:40 am

My wife and I will be staying at the HR Maui in September in a partial ocean view Regency Club room for 27K points/night. I reached out to the hotel about a paid upgrade and they're offering the following:

Deluxe Ocean View (70-80% ocean view) - $55/night
Ocean Front (100% ocean view) - $95/night

For those that have stayed in Regency Club rooms, is it worth the upgrade from partial ocean view to either of the above? Appreciate the help!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by dannygberg
My wife and I will be staying at the HR Maui in September in a partial ocean view Regency Club room for 27K points/night. I reached out to the hotel about a paid upgrade and they're offering the following:

Deluxe Ocean View (70-80% ocean view) - $55/night
Ocean Front (100% ocean view) - $95/night

For those that have stayed in Regency Club rooms, is it worth the upgrade from partial ocean view to either of the above? Appreciate the help!
There really aren't any Regency Club rooms as the Regency Club is on the first floor where there are no rooms. We have stayed at this property twice a year for many years. In my opinion, the best rooms are the deluxe ocean view rooms in the Lahaina Tower, floor 5 or higher, and odd numbered rooms from -55 to -77. These rooms have fantastic views of the beach and ocean, of Lanai and part of Molokai, the pool area, and especially the lagoon which is inhabited by swans, pink flamingos, and ducks. The rooms in the Atrium tower have more limited views and except for a very few have no view of the lagoon. They can also be subject to noise when groups have functions on the lawn area directly below these rooms. The ocean front rooms do not have a view of the lagoon or the rest of this beautiful resort- just the ocean; not worth the additional cost as you actually have a more limited view. I wouldn't go for the even numbered rooms in the Lahaina Tower as while they do face the luau, the view is much more limited, and the loud luau goes on for several hours every night. If you are a Hyatt Globalist, I can give you the contact for the VIP manager who can block you into the most desirable rooms in the Lahaina Tower.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
There really aren't any Regency Club rooms as the Regency Club is on the first floor where there are no rooms. We have stayed at this property twice a year for many years. In my opinion, the best rooms are the deluxe ocean view rooms in the Lahaina Tower, floor 5 or higher, and odd numbered rooms from -55 to -77. These rooms have fantastic views of the beach and ocean, of Lanai and part of Molokai, the pool area, and especially the lagoon which is inhabited by swans, pink flamingos, and ducks. The rooms in the Atrium tower have more limited views and except for a very few have no view of the lagoon. They can also be subject to noise when groups have functions on the lawn area directly below these rooms. The ocean front rooms do not have a view of the lagoon or the rest of this beautiful resort- just the ocean; not worth the additional cost as you actually have a more limited view. I wouldn't go for the even numbered rooms in the Lahaina Tower as while they do face the luau, the view is much more limited, and the loud luau goes on for several hours every night. If you are a Hyatt Globalist, I can give you the contact for the VIP manager who can block you into the most desirable rooms in the Lahaina Tower.
Thanks, JIMCHI. Very helpful. Unfortunately, we don't have any status with Hyatt.

If we put in a request for the Lahaina Tower, will it be a pain to get over to the RC lounge at the Atrium for breakfast, snacks, etc?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:46 am

Thanks, JIMCHI. Very helpful. Unfortunately, we don't have any status with Hyatt.

If we put in a request for the Lahaina Tower, will it be a pain to get over to the RC lounge at the Atrium for breakfast, snacks, etc?
Absolutely not. The Regency Club is in the Lahaina Tower. Take the elevator down to the lobby level and it's right there. It's a large club and has indoor and outdoor seating. While we haven't had breakfast there, the evening offerings are very nice and offer what amounts to a light dinner. The staff is truly outstanding. As you can't take advantage of the VIP Manager, just call the hotel about a week before you arrive, ask for the front desk manager, and ask for them to try and block you into one of the rooms I specified. It should not be a problem as it's not as though you're asking for an upgrade. Unless you want to listen to a luau every night of your stay, avoid the even numbered rooms in the Lahaina Tower. Also definitely avoid any room in the Napili Tower.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:49 am

Absolutely not. The Regency Club is in the Lahaina Tower. Take the elevator down to the lobby level and it's right there. It's a large club and has indoor and outdoor seating. While we haven't had breakfast there, the evening offerings are very nice and offer what amounts to a light dinner. The staff is truly outstanding. As you can't take advantage of the VIP Manager, just call the hotel about a week before you arrive, ask for the front desk manager, and ask for them to try and block you into one of the rooms I specified. It should not be a problem as it's not as though you're asking for an upgrade.
Ah, my fault. For some reason, I had it in my head that the club had been relocated to the Atrium. Thanks again!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Jimchi, why dont you like the Napali tower?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by frogss29
Jimchi, why dont you like the Napali tower?
Views. 50-50 chance that you will get a room that faces the Hyatt timeshare building which is very close. No view of lagoon and unless on a high floor no view of the pool area. I have a sense that many tour groups land up in that building. Not the best ocean view either. There are indeed some very good rooms in that building but you'd have to be very selective.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, Southwest
JIMCHI, a friend is booking a Guest of Honor stay for me for a special occasion, do you know if i'd be eligible to contact the VIP manager or shall I just try the desk manager before my stay?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Simon7821
JIMCHI, a friend is booking a Guest of Honor stay for me for a special occasion, do you know if i'd be eligible to contact the VIP manager or shall I just try the desk manager before my stay?
Yes you are eligible. You are entitled to ALL Globalist benefits.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kelci will probably email you. She is very proactive.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Simon7821
I sent you a PM with the contact info for the VIP manager
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, Southwest
Thank you for the information everyone, much appreciated.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:43 am

I booked a Partial Ocean View room for an upcoming stay in September and was quoted a cash upgrade price for a full ocean view room. I have since achieved Discoverist status. My assumption is that this status would more than likely upgrade me from Partial Ocean View to Full Ocean View. In which case I wouldn't have to pay the cash upgrade price. Is that correct?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:49 am

I booked a Partial Ocean View room for an upcoming stay in September and was quoted a cash upgrade price for a full ocean view room. I have since achieved Discoverist status. My assumption is that this status would more than likely upgrade me from Partial Ocean View to Full Ocean View. In which case I wouldn't have to pay the cash upgrade price. Is that correct?
no, Discoverist doesn’t qualify u for free upgrades. It starts at explorist
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by BaconSF

no, Discoverist doesn’t qualify u for free upgrades. It starts at explorist
Hmm, seems there's anecdotal evidence in this thread and on TripAdvisor mentioning Discoverists receiving upgrades from partial to full ocean view. But perhaps it's not a hard and fast rule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.