Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
I think you mean Napili Tower.
yes you are correct
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yes, you can use the pool at the residence club. You walk along the beach pathway to get to the pool area. When I was there, it was not nearly as crowded and much quieter.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Headed here next week and getting super excited!

Can anyone tell me if they do a lei greeting upon checking in at the hotel? I think my mother-in-law would be ecstatic if that happened, so if they don't I may need to consider arranging one for her at the airport.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by mbourgeois

Can anyone tell me if they do a lei greeting upon checking in at the hotel? I think my mother-in-law would be ecstatic if that happened, so if they don't I may need to consider arranging one for her at the airport.
The bell desk usually does as you are waiting to check-in. Sometimes they are lax on this so just ask if they don't offer.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Thank you for such a fast reply!

Originally Posted by bbbb
The bell desk usually does as you are waiting to check-in. Sometimes they are lax on this so just ask if they don't offer.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by mbourgeois

They did for us last August!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by bbbb
+1

Agree, if the bellmen are busy, they often forget, but just ask. They do flowers for ladies and shells for men (we have tons stashed in a drawer at home, lol!).
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:09 am

So I checked in today at HR Maui and was told by friendly check in rep that globalist get discounted resort fee of twenty something dollars. I thought resorts fees are waived completely for globalists?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by kishna
So I checked in today at HR Maui and was told by friendly check in rep that globalist get discounted resort fee of twenty something dollars. I thought resorts fees are waived completely for globalists?
Yep, you are right
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by kishna
The discounted resort fee was a benefit for Diamonds. With the new program resort fees are eliminated entirely for Globalists. Go to the front desk and get them to correct this.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
I tried making a 5 night reservation at this resort. The average price for a 5 night res is $365 + resort fee + taxes. But if you search one night at a time , the price is $245++. In total you pay $135 more a night for a multi-night reservation, the obvious of what you would expect. What is the reason for this and will there be a problem if I make five 1 night reservations?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Resort fees waived

Completing a three night stay here. Yes they waived the resort fees on our stay for two rooms, one with cash and the other with points. Also waived parking which I assume was done because of the room booked with points.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Waterslide Repair

Any recent guests aware of what happened to the waterslide?

*Please be aware that the resort’s lava tube water slide will be out of service for emergency repairs and subsequent enhancements through May 31, 2017. The children’s slide located in our Keiki Lagoon, will remain open
Old May 3, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
Deluxe Ocean View room vs. Deluxe Ocean FRONT room.

I know that the latter are the rooms on the ends of the two end towers, between the suites. Where are the Ocean View rooms located? Are they facing the pool area with a side view of the ocean? Which towers?
Old May 3, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by seaduck79
Deluxe Ocean View room vs. Deluxe Ocean FRONT room.

I know that the latter are the rooms on the ends of the two end towers, between the suites. Where are the Ocean View rooms located? Are they facing the pool area with a side view of the ocean? Which towers?
We have stayed in both and prefer the Deluxe Ocean View rooms better. They are located in all towers but in my opinion those in the Lahaina Tower are best, the odd numbered rooms in particular, and on floors 5 and higher. From these rooms you have a great ocean view and a direct view of Lanai. You also have a great expansive view of the large pond directly below with all of the wildlife (swans, ducks, flamingos, etc) and the waterfalls. You also have a good view of the pool and the waterfalls that flow into it.

The Deluxe Oceanfront rooms face straight out and in my opinion don't have as interesting view as the Deluxe Ocean View. Also, you will be subject to loud music and noise every evening from the luau which is very close to these rooms. Even numbered rooms in the Lahaina Tower are also subject to this noise as well as not having the best view.

I strongly recommend avoiding the Deluxe Ocean View rooms in the Atrium Tower. About a year ago the resort converted an area right under those rooms into a group function area. It's used day and night for things such as large group dinners with loud music and bright lights and during the day we witnessed groups having organized games out there. When we were there last week the area was in constant use by large groups. I would also avoid rooms on the lower floors of the Napili Tower as the views are blocked by foliage; hopefully the resort doesn't sell these as Deluxe Ocean View rooms.

This is a wonderful resort. Be sure to go on the hotel wildlife tour offered 3 times a week; it's really interesting and free. Also, the astronomy program offered most clear sky nights on the roof of the hotel. Presented by a professional astronomer with professional grade telescopes. I think it's $30 each but sells out quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.