Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by mbourgeois
Thank you so much!

I actually reached out to Hyatt on Twitter of all places. I told them our situation and what happened. This was about a week ago. We were contemplating moving to the residence to get more space, but tonight we saw an e-mail that they upgraded one of our rooms to a suite with a connecting room which is exactly what we wanted initially. But, it's a Napili Ocean Suite and after reading previous comments I'm nervous that we won't have an ocean view. I can't win!
You WILL have an Ocean view....all the suites face the ocean. You just need to make sure you are high up But even if you are on level 2, you will still see the ocean. Don't worry...it will be perfect!
Email Aimee.
She is great!!!
She is the one who assigns rooms/suites so ask for her help

Last edited by frogss29; Mar 14, 2017 at 8:03 pm Reason: forgot to add more info
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by frogss29
You WILL have an Ocean view....all the suites face the ocean. You just need to make sure you are high up But even if you are on level 2, you will still see the ocean. Don't worry...it will be perfect!
Email Aimee.
She is great!!!
She is the one who assigns rooms/suites so ask for her help
She replied back to my e-mail within half an hour. AMAZING. Everything is perfect! Turns out, the person who read my Twitter message to Hyatt contacted her directly and she's the one who helped us use our suite upgrade for the room in the first place. I thanked her profusely and she explained that the suites are at the end of the hallway so it's the closest you can get to the ocean. My excitement level is off the charts.

Thank you SO much for her e-mail address! These forums have been so incredibly helpful over the past few years!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:41 pm

So glad it has all worked out.
Aimee is the best!!! <3
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
So glad it has all worked out.
Aimee is the best!!! <3
She is better than the best ^^
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
The suites were done up about three years ago and are really nice....means you definitely get an ocean front room
Are there any exceptions? Meaning are there any suite that have not been refurbished?

Also---I assume basic suite is what DSUs get? How often have Globalists gotten a Lanai (or is it deluxe) suite, or better?

Looking at member rates for suites in September this year--I notice that Napili Suite is $578 per night versus $535 for Lahaina. Same room dimensions and same photographs. Yet going opinion is that Lahaina Tower is better choice than Napili.

Finally--do either or both of basic and deluxe suites have two bathrooms?

Last edited by travelexpert; Mar 15, 2017 at 12:23 am
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:51 am

I think the reason the Napili suites are always more expensive is because they dont have the noise of the Luau. I know people complain about the music a lot but I dont really mind it.
The positive thing about the Lahaina suites now is that the club is right downstairs. It is a long walk from the Naplili tower.
We have never been upgraded/given a deluxe suite.
Would be nice!!!
I would assume all the basic suites have been upgraded i.e. new bathrooms
I think the super deluxe suites have more than one bathroom but you can't see the rates online.
A lot of people on here dont think DSUs are worth using on Maui suites.
Maybe that is true if you are only here for a short time (five days or less)
But we like the added space and the bath and seperate shower
The only thing I dont love about the suites is the lanai facing the ocean is narrow compared to the lanai on the side of the suite.
I wonder if you could apply a DSU and then contact the hotel and ask how much extra it would cost to upgrade to a better suite?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I wonder if you could apply a DSU and then contact the hotel and ask how much extra it would cost to upgrade to a better suite?
This IS possible, at least at some properties.

The Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris allowed us to use a DSU, and then we inquired via e-mail about upgrading to a larger suite by paying a cash difference, which they allowed. Then when we checked in they upgraded us even further. It was spectacular!

The Hyatt Regency in Toronto allowed us to do the same thing, although it occurred at check-in as opposed to before we arrived.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Now that the club has changed location, a club room can be anywhere in any of the three buildings....just means you get club access. .............
The Hyatt website says the Club rooms, at 27K/ night, are Partial Ocean View. True? Is it tough to get a higher floor with no status? This would be next Feb.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by mbourgeois
She replied back to my e-mail within half an hour. AMAZING. Everything is perfect! Turns out, the person who read my Twitter message to Hyatt contacted her directly and she's the one who helped us use our suite upgrade for the room in the first place. I thanked her profusely and she explained that the suites are at the end of the hallway so it's the closest you can get to the ocean. My excitement level is off the charts.

Thank you SO much for her e-mail address! These forums have been so incredibly helpful over the past few years!
Originally Posted by philemer
The Hyatt website says the Club rooms, at 27K/ night, are Partial Ocean View. True? Is it tough to get a higher floor with no status? This would be next Feb.
Well, if it is saying 'partial ocean view' is what you get , then that is what you get. Not mountain, not resort view, not full ocean (unless you smile sweetly when you check in)
Really, I wouldn't worry too much about the view or room
Or, reach out to the hotel directly and see if they can help
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:02 pm

Are guest of the HR Maui allowed to use the pool facilities of the Residence Club next door? Are the Club's pools less crowded than the ones at the HR? How does one access it? Via the pathway that runs next to the beach?

Also, how long is the walk from the Lahaina Tower to the Residence Club ?

Thanks!!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by FatB
Are guest of the HR Maui allowed to use the pool facilities of the Residence Club next door? Are the Club's pools less crowded than the ones at the HR? How does one access it? Via the pathway that runs next to the beach?

Also, how long is the walk from the Lahaina Tower to the Residence Club ?

Thanks!!
Yes, Hyatt guests can use the residence club pools and food shack etc and visa versa. It used to be less crowded but not the case anymore. Chairs are right next to each other and the 'better' spots are reserved for Residence Club guests.
Just walk along the path until you reach the residence club area....about a five minute walk from Lahaina Tower.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:19 pm

Yes, Hyatt guests can use the residence club pools and food shack etc and visa versa. It used to be less crowded but not the case anymore. Chairs are right next to each other and the 'better' spots are reserved for Residence Club guests.
Just walk along the path until you reach the residence club area....about a five minute walk from Lahaina Tower.

only 5 minutes? I thought it was 5 minutes from the closer tower, the Napili one. Maybe I'm getting them confused. I thought the property was pretty sprawling...

Thanks for your responses though!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:41 pm

Maybe I am a fast walker Maybe 10 then.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Getting to Resudence club

Maybe I am a fast walker Maybe 10 then.
At the end of the Lahaina Tower nearest the ocean the stairwell will exit right at the Residence Club children's pool.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by martinplas
At the end of the Lahaina Tower nearest the ocean the stairwell will exit right at the Residence Club children's pool.
I think you mean Napili Tower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.