Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt properties in Minneapolis St Paul MSP

Old Sep 4, 2021, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place in downtown St Paul for a great rate of $79, including parking. Room was enormous with 20’ ceilings. Parking was a pain bc the staff has to physically let you in and out of the garage. And there’s not much around it in the evenings for dinner. So the combo of aggravating parking and not many restaurants nearby mean frustrating dinner options.

I will be in the area every few months and want to know if you all have any recommendations for other Hyatt properties there. My work will be sort of half way between St Paul and Minneapolis and I’ll have a car, so location of hotel is flexible.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 1:47 pm

The only Hyatts in MPLS I like are HR Bloomington and HR downtown. Bloomington would be better if you need to go to St Paul occasionally. At HR Bloomington they're good with suite upgrade for globalist. Breakfast is still a voucher for entree and drink. Parking is plentiful and free for globalists even on paid stay.

Last edited by AndyKehn; Sep 4, 2021 at 4:07 pm
Old Sep 4, 2021, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
The only Hyatt I like is HR Bloomington and HR downtown. Bloomington would be better if you need to go to St Paul occasionally. At HR Bloomington they're good with suite upgrade for globalist. Breakfast fast is a voucher for entree and drink. Parking is plentiful and free for globalists even on paid stay.
Ah! I will check those out. I much prefer a full service hotel where I can get a drink at the bar (and/or dinner) and so the HRs would have that. Do they have club lounges?
Old Sep 4, 2021, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Both HRs have lounges, but AFAIK they're still closed, with limited breakfast offerings. In fact, the downtown Minneapolis HR's club lounge is on a top floor in the tower part of its building and back in winter the tower rooms weren't being used at all, only rooms on the first five floors.

I'd avoid the St Paul location if you need to drive elsewhere. I-94 had bad road construction in the area. [BTW, the downtown St Paul HP previously had valet parking only.]

There's a newish (former Embassy Suites) HP downtown that has self parking in an underground garage for a fee that's reasonable for the neighborhood. It's larger than most HPs and previously had more extensive evening F&B offerings sold in its lobby bar area (with tables by the window in addition to bar seating. It's on the skyway in a location that's somewhat more useful than the HR's skyway connections.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I will be in the area every few months and want to know if you all have any recommendations for other Hyatt properties there. My work will be sort of half way between St Paul and Minneapolis and I’ll have a car, so location of hotel is flexible.
I had a good experience at the Grand Hotel in downtown Minneapolis. I believe it's now part of the Hyatt Centric portfolio.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
I am a big fan of the HR Bloomington/Mall of America location. Its very close to MSP so its very convenient. Property is really nice. The rooms are clean and well kept. Services are beginning to re open. Still no lounge of course, but the bar and restaurant are back. Its got a great gym. I usually have a rental car, so parking is easy and there are plenty of places close to eat etc.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Sounds like Bloomington is a good bet. Will try that next time. Thanks, all!
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Can't believe you got the HP St. Paul for under $100. $79 is an incredible rate because the hotel is usually priced around $100+ for most of the year. HR Bloomington would be my vote as well. Haven't tried the Centric so that might be worth a look as well.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Can't believe you got the HP St. Paul for under $100. $79 is an incredible rate because the hotel is usually priced around $100+ for most of the year. HR Bloomington would be my vote as well. Haven't tried the Centric so that might be worth a look as well.
Yes it was a group/Corp rate. I have a rez there for same rate for next trip so I’m torn. I will probably stay there for that trip but then move on to the Bloomington HR henceforth.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dpb132
I had a good experience at the Grand Hotel in downtown Minneapolis. I believe it's now part of the Hyatt Centric portfolio.
The problem with the Grand Hotel is parking. It's been valet only from the beginning and overpriced for Minneapolis, IIRC in the $60-75 per night range.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 9:37 am

Also with all the riots I try to avoid downtown as much as possible. You never know when those thugs start something randomly again. HR Bloomington is the best choice imo.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Also with all the riots I try to avoid downtown as much as possible. You never know when those thugs start something randomly again. HR Bloomington is the best choice imo.
Downtown St. Paul is different than downtown Minneapolis. The problem with St. Paul is the downtown is pretty much quiet as far as night life. The HP is close to the Saints ballpark, walking distance, and Mears Park has some nice bars around it.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Downtown St. Paul is different than downtown Minneapolis. The problem with St. Paul is the downtown is pretty much quiet as far as night life. The HP is close to the Saints ballpark, walking distance, and Mears Park has some nice bars around it.
If you're at the downtown St Paul HP, check out the historic train station too.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 5:50 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I’ve been downtown this summer — often stay downtown when in the area — and riots aren’t the reason to choose HR Bloomington over the newly flagged Hyatt Centric downtown. Parking costs, the lack of enough people on the streets to drive up comfort levels, and all the usual consumer traffic/opportunities not back yet are things that shift the balance of choice even more toward the HR Bloomington if having a car.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Do any of you know if HR Bloomington participates in prive?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.