Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:09 pm

The Napili tower would be my choice for ocean front if you get one of the end rooms. I'm not sure but those could all be suites on the end of the building. My second choice would be the Atrium tower witch looks over the pool and ocean.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by seaduck79
We always have stayed in the Napili tower, because it is very close to the water and far away from the sounds of the Luau (which I think adds ambiance, but my wife does not). I think the Lahaina tower is equally close to the beach, but the water isn't quite as close. It is also the newer of the towers, and I have heard it to be a little nicer. The Atrium tower is set back a little ways from the water, but is a much shorter walk to everything.

Choose what works for you.
All three towers were built at the exact same time.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:49 pm

Atrium tower, highest floor possible, is considered ocean front. Great view of the pools and the ocean.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
All three towers were built at the exact same time.
I think the Lahaina tower, until they finished the Napili tower very recently, had been the more recently renovated of them. I didn't say it very well, but that's what I meant.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
How is the Regency Club

Booked lowest price room for next week and used suite certificate. This looks to be a good time to go before the holiday crowds come. How is the RC here? I understand the views are beautiful but have read that the food presentation is not as good as in the past. Anyone have a recent experience. I am REALLY looking forward to this vacation. If I never leave the pool bar and I forget my Iphone I will be happy
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Newbie
RC of Maui

The RC is very good in this property. Breakfast is great. Light dinner is good on some nights, not good on other nights. For dessert, the chocolate coated strawberries are also good. We were there last week.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
We enjoyed Japengo so much that we ended up dining here twice. Thanks to everyone for the recommendation.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:48 pm

I recently returned from a pleasant stay at the HR Maui and used a soon-to-expire suite upgrade. We were given a low, corner ocean-front suite in the Napili wing which was a comfortable size for two people. As others have noted, the rooms need a refresh but the location, view and sounds of the ocean were hard to beat.

However, I caution anyone booking rooms in the Napili wing next year to do so with caution. The new Hyatt timeshare development is scheduled to begin construction early next year and the former shops space in the wing are being transformed into a large time share sales office. More importantly, the time share construction will be taking place adjacent to the Napili wing, between it and the Marriott. Thus, rooms on that side as well as the ocean front rooms will likely be exposed to much construction noise and activity. After the time share building is completed, the views from many of the rooms in the Napili wing will be seriously compromised.

I only learned of the time share plans toward the end of our visit. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we had mentally planned to return again next year. However, I think the time share development will change this resort in many ways, not all of them positive. As a result, we are going to watch the progress of the new Maui Andaz (still in a very early construction stage, based on our observation) with an eye toward trying that property when it is completed.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by JetAway
I recently returned from a pleasant stay at the HR Maui and used a soon-to-expire suite upgrade. We were given a low, corner ocean-front suite in the Napili wing which was a comfortable size for two people. As others have noted, the rooms need a refresh but the location, view and sounds of the ocean were hard to beat.

However, I caution anyone booking rooms in the Napili wing next year to do so with caution. The new Hyatt timeshare development is scheduled to begin construction early next year and the former shops space in the wing are being transformed into a large time share sales office. More importantly, the time share construction will be taking place adjacent to the Napili wing, between it and the Marriott. Thus, rooms on that side as well as the ocean front rooms will likely be exposed to much construction noise and activity. After the time share building is completed, the views from many of the rooms in the Napili wing will be seriously compromised.

I only learned of the time share plans toward the end of our visit. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we had mentally planned to return again next year. However, I think the time share development will change this resort in many ways, not all of them positive. As a result, we are going to watch the progress of the new Maui Andaz (still in a very early construction stage, based on our observation) with an eye toward trying that property when it is completed.
Interesting. We heard the same thing here last Spring during our fantastic stay there, prior to which I had the Facilities Manager at the hotel personally email me to tell me that there were no known plans for any construction at that time. If you're saying that these conversions are already actually happening, we may switch our destination to Kauai this year - and every year after. I would encourage you to consider it as an alternative, as it is supposed to be a nicer facility, though without the close proximity to the water we both love from the Napili tower.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:53 am

The time-share construction is a "Go." As I previously noted, the work on the sales and presentation center has started. They want to have these units ready for sale by 2014. And it's not a conversion-they are constructing an entirely new building for the time shares. The current hotel resort will remain "as is" (at least that is what several employees told me).
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:41 am

The time-share construction is a "Go." As I previously noted, the work on the sales and presentation center has started. They want to have these units ready for sale by 2014. And it's not a conversion-they are constructing an entirely new building for the time shares. The current hotel resort will remain "as is" (at least that is what several employees told me).
That is unfortunate. I fear the change to the property's ambiance will be a negative one, and we probably will not return as a result.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by chummy23
The RC is very good in this property. Breakfast is great. Light dinner is good on some nights, not good on other nights. For dessert, the chocolate coated strawberries are also good. We were there last week.
Having been to this RC and Kauai's, I must say this one is much better in terms of food offerings. I was very disappointed with the one on Kauai.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond

Thanks for the info.
I also stayed in that small suite which is closest to the beach.
Hard to beat indeed for the sound of the waves.
So loud it might overtake the sound of construction....

+1 on the new Andaz. Was told the opening now moved to June
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
While it will be nice to have the new Andaz, that alone doesn't make up for their "killing" the HR. I love that part of the island, more than Wailea (which while still nice is dusty/dry and has the Makena cloud). Don't get me wrong, I drive to the South about half my days too (love the reefs and beaches there too), but my preference is the West and I'm bummed that the HR won't be great anymore.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by canyonleo
While it will be nice to have the new Andaz, that alone doesn't make up for their "killing" the HR. I love that part of the island, more than Wailea (which while still nice is dusty/dry and has the Makena cloud). Don't get me wrong, I drive to the South about half my days too (love the reefs and beaches there too), but my preference is the West and I'm bummed that the HR won't be great anymore.
+1
agree. For me it's memory lane, when there were still seashells on the beach. I was there when it first opened in 1980. Quite a place.
When the Andaz opens I will spend half the number of days in each property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.