Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2024, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by neilana
I have yet to come across a property in the US where their suites come with club access. I have only seen it in properties abroad.

If you read the rate rules or the room details, it should tell you what you would get with booking certain rooms.
Interesting, almost all my suite stays have been overseas, I didn't realize it was different in the US. I did receive club access when I had a suite at the Grand Hyatt last year so I kind of assumed it was just a suite thing. Good to know now so we're not disappointed.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 6:42 pm

We’ve been to the andaz multiple times and enjoy it but I’m always frustrated with how I feel they nickel and dime us. Currently have another week booked at the andaz for July, but is there any reason to try the regency?
Old Apr 23, 2024, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WorkToLive
We’ve been to the andaz multiple times and enjoy it but I’m always frustrated with how I feel they nickel and dime us. Currently have another week booked at the andaz for July, but is there any reason to try the regency?
Very, very different places is so many ways. The Regency is much larger, less personal and feels like it's hosting at least a convention or two to me always.

In what ways do you feel the Andaz nickel and dimes you? I think the Regency might be worse, frankly. Wait until you see the pool towel situation, for example.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 8:04 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Have had good experiences at both properties other than Andaz Maui upgrade policies since the new GM.
I don’t have plans to return based on how current management @ Andaz is conducting business behavior with World of Hyatt.On the other hand I would return to Hyatt Regency happily as they made every effort to please and deliver
and it seemed genuine though it was just as the pandemic started.Andaz Maui was last year for my visit.

I get that some are desperate for a Maui experience and I understand that desire especially if you’ve never been.
And in that case either property may be a good choice based on some competing alternatives locally.
All subjective I suppose as to what extra costs seem fair.Some think nothing of paying for their upgrade they have already earned by earring status.And others upset over the nickel and dime of other products and services the hotel may apply
Im paying for my elite breakfast now daily at one Hyatt property this week and while I still see value of food quailty I’m disturbed by having to stand and get my own silverware and not seeing a server once during my meal except to clear dishes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.