Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by josephstern
Ha! I just ate there for my first time earlier this year and I agree. Maybe not quite the same ambiance, but I enjoyed the meal for 10% of the cost.
(For me) It's all about the food. If I want ambiance I'll take some poke I picked up at the store for a sunset beach picnic (and I do this nearly daily when in Maui, poke and/or lunch leftovers.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: Chase, Amex, Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, Delta
Thanks for mentioning Star Noodle. We made reservations there maybe 2 weeks in advance and really enjoyed it. Right next to the Old Lahaina Luau.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canyonleo
With you 100%. The original Joey's in the Nipili Plaza (not the second one in the Whaler's mall) has food just as good lol.
Now I don't feel so bad about not being able to get reservations to Mama's last trip! We haven't eaten there in probably 7 or 8 years, and thought back then the food was very good, and the views spectacular, but definitely a hassle to get to (and the prices not too crazy back then).

I think a lot of these older Hawaiian restaurants are showing their age, and need to step up their game, especially for the prices they want to charge. We went to Roy's on the golf course which we've been going to for almost two decades (since before they moved to the golf course) and the flavors still tasted good and it's nostalgic for us going there, but the menu and restaurant itself just feels very dated and in need of a refresh.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a Maui Restaurants thread that has a lot of good info:

Consolidated "Maui Restaurants" Thread
masonry83 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:41 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Going next week- anyone have experience with the star gazing activity at night? Just wondering how the light pollution is and if it’s worth the cost, thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Cometstar
Going next week- anyone have experience with the star gazing activity at night? Just wondering how the light pollution is and if it’s worth the cost, thanks!
I'm currently staying here with my family, and last night I took my kids to the star gazing activity. It was interesting, but it doesn't last an hour like they say it does. It lasted probably 35 minutes. I wouldn't recommend it for kids that are too young 'cause they don't want you grabbing and moving the telescopes, but it's fun for kids of maybe age 7 or 8+, teens and adults with an interest in astronomy.

The light pollution isn't bad, and if you're globalist, you get a $5 discount on the price per person (ours were actually fully comped too.)
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by carnalismocc
I'm currently staying here with my family, and last night I took my kids to the star gazing activity. It was interesting, but it doesn't last an hour like they say it does. It lasted probably 35 minutes. I wouldn't recommend it for kids that are too young 'cause they don't want you grabbing and moving the telescopes, but it's fun for kids of maybe age 7 or 8+, teens and adults with an interest in astronomy.
thanks- we would just be adults. Could you see a lot?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:12 pm

thanks- we would just be adults. Could you see a lot?
They show you a fair amount of different stars and constellations. You also see a lot of random falling stars (meteorites) while there. I'd still do it without the kids. It was nice being up on the roof and enjoying the night sky.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:16 pm

I'd recommend booking it early in your stay in case it gets cancelled because of cloud cover. We had it booked for our last night, but unfortunately it was cloudy, so we didn't have the experience.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:39 pm

Same thing happened to us. We had it booked for our last night at the resort and it was cancelled because of cloud cover.
Old May 2, 2022, 3:26 pm

Hey ya'll.

I booked HR Maui over Christmas (12/19-26) using points almost 13 months to the day. When I booked it, not a single suite was available. I figured they were holding them back and they'd eventually open up. They still haven't. I'd love to use a SUA, but it seems like they're playing games to prevent that from happening knowing they can sell them... but how can they sell them if they're not online?

Does anyone know what's going on? My concierge called and was told suites "aren't available" and nothing else to toll me....

Thanks!
Old May 5, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
It's doable, just gotta be quick.
Old May 5, 2022, 1:22 pm

How is the beach at this property? Also i read chairs and umbrella are included, do they set them up for you or loan them and do it yourself. TIA

Last edited by Beachchaser; May 5, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Old May 5, 2022, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
How is the beach at this property? Also i ready chairs and umbrella are included, do they set them up for you or loan them and do it yourself. TIA
The beach directly in front of (behind) the core property is pretty unremarkable and heavily eroded. And they don't have chairs/umbrellas ready/free.

There are chairs/umbrellas situated on the walking path and near the pools that are usually turned towards the beach (these are free), and you can book a cabana/daybed that is facing the beach, but in both these cases you're just loosely staring at the ocean and not really on the beach.

But -- If you venture towards the south end of the property -- there's a little activity shop next to where the spa is -- where you can rent bona fide beach chairs and umbrellas that they'll set up for you. I recall the rates not being too unreasonable -- but again, not free. And there's no food/drinks service there so you'll have to walk back and forth to the main bar for any snacks/bevvies desired.
Beachchaser likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by AllThePants
The beach directly in front of (behind) the core property is pretty unremarkable and heavily eroded. And they don't have chairs/umbrellas ready/free.

There are chairs/umbrellas situated on the walking path and near the pools that are usually turned towards the beach (these are free), and you can book a cabana/daybed that is facing the beach, but in both these cases you're just loosely staring at the ocean and not really on the beach.

But -- If you venture towards the south end of the property -- there's a little activity shop next to where the spa is -- where you can rent bona fide beach chairs and umbrellas that they'll set up for you. I recall the rates not being too unreasonable -- but again, not free. And there's no food/drinks service there so you'll have to walk back and forth to the main bar for any snacks/bevvies desired.
Agree with this. Also, if you just want to have a place to lay down a towel and lie on the sand, the beach is much wider if you walk north a little bit. I will say there are a ton of sea turtles in the water (at least there were when I was there). That was pretty cool to see when I did walk along the beach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.