Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by prhockey2607
I am here now and we have not been asked to show proof of vax any of the three times we’ve visited so far. So the checking may be intermittent
out of 6 days, we were asked the first 4 days, either at breakfast or evening snacks. Just depended on who was working and if they remembered you. If you ate inside you needed the card but if you were going to the outdoor area they didnt need to see it (everyone was eating outside anyways)
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Connecting room for the Ocean View Suites?

Does anyone know if they offer connecting rooms for the Ocean View Suites? And if yes, King only or 2xQueen also? (we need the extra beds).
Thanks much in advance!
Old Oct 29, 2021, 6:37 pm

Staying here now…

Let me know if anyone has any specific questions. Maui overall is way more relaxed about COVID than Oahu was. I think we showed our vaccination at check-in and that was it. Masks basically required in the elevators and that’s it. Staying in the main tower on points and the room is freshly updated and beautiful with great views. Staff gave us a bottle of champagne at check-in along with the customary leis. Full review with pictures to come later.

Edit - it’s a borderline humanitarian crisis here as the entire resort is without water. They are stacking cases of water bottles everywhere so people can attempt to use the toilets, wash hands, etc. Not good.

Last edited by MikeW_ORD; Nov 1, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by MikeW_ORD
Let me know if anyone has any specific questions. Maui overall is way more relaxed about COVID than Oahu was. I think we showed our vaccination at check-in and that was it. Masks basically required in the elevators and that’s it. Staying in the main tower on points and the room is freshly updated and beautiful with great views. Staff gave us a bottle of champagne at check-in along with the customary leis. Full review with pictures to come later.

Edit - it’s a borderline humanitarian crisis here as the entire resort is without water. They are stacking cases of water bottles everywhere so people can attempt to use the toilets, wash hands, etc. Not good.
What happened? That sounds terrible! We are there in two weeks
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by hilmar
Does anyone know if they offer connecting rooms for the Ocean View Suites? And if yes, King only or 2xQueen also? (we need the extra beds).
Thanks much in advance!
There's a lock out situation i.e. another door and a hallway that leads to the two end rooms (suite and room) that will join them together.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS

How quickly were they able to get water service restored?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by SK56
What happened? That sounds terrible! We are there in two weeks
The water main leading into the hotel strip broke in the early morning, so there was no running water. The bathroom situation got out of hand FAST since there was no flushing.....I know that there was no water from at least 5am when I woke up until AT LEAST dinner time that day so we are talking 12+ hours with no water.

The staff stacked tons of cases bottled water out in the hallways in an attempt to allow people to use those to wash hands, dump over themselves to attempt to shower, etc. Felt like a massive waste of resources as I was dumping bottles of Aquafina all over the bathroom but it was all we could do. Other then the staff pointing me to the bottled water, there was no response or action from them and I left that same day before the issue was ever resolved. I know it obviously wasn't the hotel's fault that the water main broke, but the hotel got nasty very quickly when there are that many guests with no water.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
How quickly were they able to get water service restored?
I left before it was fixed. But the GM texted me back around 5pm saying that it was not fixed and they still did not have an ETA.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
The water main leading into the hotel strip broke in the early morning, so there was no running water. The bathroom situation got out of hand FAST since there was no flushing.....I know that there was no water from at least 5am when I woke up until AT LEAST dinner time that day so we are talking 12+ hours with no water.

The staff stacked tons of cases bottled water out in the hallways in an attempt to allow people to use those to wash hands, dump over themselves to attempt to shower, etc. Felt like a massive waste of resources as I was dumping bottles of Aquafina all over the bathroom but it was all we could do. Other then the staff pointing me to the bottled water, there was no response or action from them and I left that same day before the issue was ever resolved. I know it obviously wasn't the hotel's fault that the water main broke, but the hotel got nasty very quickly when there are that many guests with no water.
The hotel got very nasty?? Could you explain this?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
The hotel got very nasty?? Could you explain this?
toilets don’t flush in a fulll hotel seems self evident.

I didn’t think it was staff.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan
toilets don’t flush in a fulll hotel seems self evident.

I didn’t think it was staff.
sorry I misunderstood your post! I’ve always found the staff there to be nothing but 1st class. Glad to clear this up.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:54 am

Call to redeem points for rooms?

I'm trying to redeem points in January for a 3 or 4 nights stay. When searching, the points rates comes up, but once you view rates, it's not available. Is there a known minimum stay like Andaz (at least used to have)?
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:54 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jlt19
I'm trying to redeem points in January for a 3 or 4 nights stay. When searching, the points rates comes up, but once you view rates, it's not available. Is there a known minimum stay like Andaz (at least used to have)?
The first half of January looks wide open for points stays currently. There are several nights toward the end of the month where the property is sold out so it's no surprise standard rooms aren't available for points redemptions.
jlt19 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
I don’t think it’s an Andaz situation here- there are a few dates where they might be truly sold out, or there are large conferences at the hotel that are currently blocking rooms. I would do a web search for your dates and conference at the Hyatt Regency, and you should be able to find out more info
jlt19 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by skj
The first half of January looks wide open for points stays currently. There are several nights toward the end of the month where the property is sold out so it's no surprise standard rooms aren't available for points redemptions.
Originally Posted by jch636
I don’t think it’s an Andaz situation here- there are a few dates where they might be truly sold out, or there are large conferences at the hotel that are currently blocking rooms. I would do a web search for your dates and conference at the Hyatt Regency, and you should be able to find out more info

It actually did end up being an Andaz situation, in that I could book our entire 7 nights on points OR I could book the first 3 or 4 nights on points, but I wanted to stay there the last 3 or 4 nights (January 16-20). So, I actually chose to pay my way by paying cash for the first 3 nights and points for the second 4 nights, and I'll call today to cancel the first 3 nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.