Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, IHG
Thanks for the info!! Good to know!!
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm here now. I booked on points. The only standard room available was 1 queen + 1 double. I requested a King bed in the "special requests" field.

When I checked in they had upgraded me to an ocean view room, but with 1 queen + 1 double. I asked if they had anything with a King. She said they would look but would probably not be able to keep the ocean view. I said that was fine (I was willing to take the downgrade to get the King bed).

FD called someone and explained what I wanted, and she got off the phone and said she upgraded me to a premium ocean view suite with a King bed (those were going for over $2k/night due to high occupancy when I booked).

It's a beautiful suite, in the newly-renovated Lahaina tower. It's a true 1 bedroom, 1 and a half bathroom suite, with 3 balconies (the balconies are tiny, but there are 3 of them!)

I have actually never been in a standard suite here. This is my 2nd suite upgrade, and my first was to the palace suite (!!!). Usually I end up in one of those corner rooms in the unrenovated tower with the 2 balconies and the crazy small bathroom (in fairness, many hotels would probably call that room a "junior suite"). I like those rooms (except for the bathrooms). I wonder what they end up looking like post-renovation... that tower closes in just a month and a half.

I continue to love this hotel. I got an amenity of some chips and dip and a 6-pack of good local beer (last time it was a box of snacks and that same 6 pack). This hotel seems consisent in not only providing an amenity, but actually noticing the note that has been added to my profile: I don't drink wine!
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I'm here now. I booked on points. The only standard room available was 1 queen + 1 double. I requested a King bed in the "special requests" field.

When I checked in they had upgraded me to an ocean view room, but with 1 queen + 1 double. I asked if they had anything with a King. She said they would look but would probably not be able to keep the ocean view. I said that was fine (I was willing to take the downgrade to get the King bed).

FD called someone and explained what I wanted, and she got off the phone and said she upgraded me to a premium ocean view suite with a King bed (those were going for over $2k/night due to high occupancy when I booked).

It's a beautiful suite, in the newly-renovated Lahaina tower. It's a true 1 bedroom, 1 and a half bathroom suite, with 3 balconies (the balconies are tiny, but there are 3 of them!)

I have actually never been in a standard suite here. This is my 2nd suite upgrade, and my first was to the palace suite (!!!). Usually I end up in one of those corner rooms in the unrenovated tower with the 2 balconies and the crazy small bathroom (in fairness, many hotels would probably call that room a "junior suite"). I like those rooms (except for the bathrooms). I wonder what they end up looking like post-renovation... that tower closes in just a month and a half.

I continue to love this hotel. I got an amenity of some chips and dip and a 6-pack of good local beer (last time it was a box of snacks and that same 6 pack). This hotel seems consisent in not only providing an amenity, but actually noticing the note that has been added to my profile: I don't drink wine!
the suites in the Lahaina Tower have not been renovated.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maui4me1
the suites in the Lahaina Tower have not been renovated.
Ok maybe I'm in a different tower? I'm pretty sure Jeff at the front desk told me it had been renovated, and everything looks new.

Which one is the Lahaina tower? I'm in the one with the elevators just past the Regency club (not near the lobby, the other side, past all the stores)
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:47 pm

Ok maybe I'm in a different tower? I'm pretty sure Jeff at the front desk told me it had been renovated, and everything looks new.

Which one is the Lahaina tower? I'm in the one with the elevators just past the Regency club (not near the lobby, the other side, past all the stores)
does your room end in 79?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

does your room end in 79?
Yes! Behind an "outer" door shared with 81, in the corner.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:57 pm

Yes! Behind an "outer" door shared with 81, in the corner.
I’m in 1 also and they have not been remodeled n 3 years. They have new sliders and balcony glass. They will be remodeled
this summer. They have the most uncomfortable couches and chairs!
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m in 1 also and they have not been remodeled n 3 years. They have new sliders and balcony glass. They will be remodeled
this summer. They have the most uncomfortable couches and chairs!
Ok, I guess I consider 3 years fairly new. I think Jeff told me that the other tower had not been renovated in the 40 years since it was built?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:56 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thanks for the updates all
Are there any suites that have been renovated in any tower?
I won't be doing Andaz this year with their 800 dollar per night under construction budget rooms lol
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thanks for the updates all
Are there any suites that have been renovated in any tower?
I won't be doing Andaz this year with their 800 dollar per night under construction budget rooms lol
While there might be a few rooms that can even hear/see the impact of construction, and a Diamond would never be given one of these, and as others have reported, most stays in almost any room will experience ZERO signs of construction. In my October stay I couldn't even once, for a moment, hear nor see any sign of construction (maybe that's changed in four months?).

Andaz >> HR for so many reasons IMO.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by canyonleo
While there might be a few rooms that can even hear/see the impact of construction, and a Diamond would never be given one of these, and as others have reported, most stays in almost any room will experience ZERO signs of construction. In my October stay I couldn't even once, for a moment, hear nor see any sign of construction (maybe that's changed in four months?).

Andaz >> HR for so many reasons IMO.
Appreciate the post and your thoughts
I hope not to end up regretting my choice.
Am a huge fan of Andaz Maui and they have indeed been very good to me with upgrades historically.If this doesn't turn out well it will be the last visit!
Andaz Maui was and is a game changer for making me like a resort.I've never truly been a fan of any resort!

Switched it up this time to have the club which my family member enjoys and be closer to some other recommended restaurants closer to the HR Maui
I always know a fellow long time top tier program member who still refers to Globalists as a Diamond lol Jeff Zidell would not be pleased
or whoever had their hand in the silly elite tier names not long ago!
Old Feb 16, 2020, 3:12 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
The suites in the Lahaina tower (and Napoli tower) were renovated about 4 years ago. I think they are OK. Nice to have extra room. We are here now, too. .

Last edited by frogss29; Feb 16, 2020 at 3:15 pm Reason: pressed too soon
Old Feb 16, 2020, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by frogss29
The suites in the Lahaina tower (and Napoli tower) were renovated about 4 years ago. I think they are OK. Nice to have extra room. We are here now, too. .
Good to know
Somewhat recently renovated in this past half decade Which tower are you in? Any photos to share?
Have a great stay
Old Feb 16, 2020, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If be happy to take some photos of the suite and share them before I leave tomorrow. Right now all I have is a post-sunset pic of the view from the balcony
Old Feb 16, 2020, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Appreciate the post and your thoughts
I hope not to end up regretting my choice.
Am a huge fan of Andaz Maui and they have indeed been very good to me with upgrades historically.If this doesn't turn out well it will be the last visit!
Andaz Maui was and is a game changer for making me like a resort.I've never truly been a fan of any resort!

Switched it up this time to have the club which my family member enjoys and be closer to some other recommended restaurants closer to the HR Maui
I always know a fellow long time top tier program member who still refers to Globalists as a Diamond lol Jeff Zidell would not be pleased
or whoever had their hand in the silly elite tier names not long ago!
Haha, to hell with Jeff, he really messed so much up (Program, naming, our benefits, etc.). Obvious why he isn't there any longer.
I feel exactly like you about resorts, never go near them, but Andaz is so great (my fav aspect is the Mokapu/Ulua reef, it's one of Maui's best for sealife), a resort-game-changer as you say... I think I've used my last half-million points redeemed there and haven't redeemed anywhere but there since Maldives opened.

I too always spend time up West (but just stay in Andaz) - love Honolua Bay... you mention close to restaurants - the best Lahaina-north, that whole area, is Joey's Kitchen in Nipili Plaza IMO.
If you are at Andaz, the mall in Kihei that has the Safeway (up on the highway, not on the "strip" in Kihei) has a one-year old "new" Thai take out place (right next to the mom & pop Vietnamese place called Bale, I like that too) that has the best fish tacos on the entire island maybe, 3 for $14 (not mahi, and fresh caught), the Thai slaw/sauce makes it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.