Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

GH Kauai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - 1999-mid-2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GH Kauai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - 1999-mid-2011

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Intercontinental, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by ghostboy
Just booked 7 nights in Nov with confirmed suite upgrade; booked the Aloha rate (next level up from prepaid/non-refundable rate) so I have the flexibility of changing dates if required, although they did require the first 2 nights as a deposit.
You might want to investigate getting a AAA membership. It will probably save you 10% on your room rate during your stay which would more than pay for itself just from that one vacation.
Old May 26, 2011, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes - on the men's side it's just beyond the hottub on the left (with a glass door) across from the 3 "regular" showers.
Thanks...I'll have to give them a try this trip! ^
Old May 26, 2011, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Oh, yes, the "car wash" shower is indeed nice. So nice that it's hard to get, at least on the ladies side.
Old May 26, 2011, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes - on the men's side it's just beyond the hottub on the left (with a glass door) across from the 3 "regular" showers.
I know you're the Hyatt expert, Peter, but there are only two regular showers opposite the 12 header!

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Oh, yes, the "car wash" shower is indeed nice. So nice that it's hard to get, at least on the ladies side.
Really? It's seldom used on the men's side - I think a lot of people don't know it's there (as evidenced by the comments of bsdstone, who I thought knew just about everything ).
Old May 26, 2011, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Really? It's seldom used on the men's side - I think a lot of people don't know it's there (as evidenced by the comments of bsdstone, who I thought knew just about everything ).
It's always in use, as is the hot tub, sauna, and steam room. Us ladies like our pampering

Heck, I wish the spa was co-ed, as I've told you, I'm tired of being in there all by myself A bonus might be that I could actually use that shower

Seriously, I prefer the outdoor shower and look forward to seeing the redo.
Old May 26, 2011, 2:32 pm

It's always in use, as is the hot tub, sauna, and steam room. Us ladies like our pampering

Heck, I wish the spa was co-ed, as I've told you, I'm tired of being in there all by myself A bonus might be that I could actually use that shower

Seriously, I prefer the outdoor shower and look forward to seeing the redo.
It's always in use or you're by yourself? Or do you mean you'd like to be in the jacuzzi with the boys? And you'd probably get in trouble if you showered with the men. You know the jacuzzis in the pool area are co-ed.
Old May 26, 2011, 2:34 pm

So, make up your mind. It's always in use or you're by yourself?
Not in the shower.... in the spa. Seems I'm outnumbered and lack company in there - as in someone I know
Old May 26, 2011, 2:37 pm

Not in the shower.... in the spa. Seems I'm outnumbered and lack company in there - as in someone I know
I edited my post when I realized what you MIGHT be saying.
Old May 26, 2011, 3:15 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I know you're the Hyatt expert, Peter, but there are only two regular showers opposite the 12 header!
Well I stand corrected - I never claimed that I'm the expert on this property
Old May 27, 2011, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold

Of course I knew...I just like to make others feel good...like Peter...I wouldn't have corrected him, that's not how I roll!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:02 pm

What room type do you get at this hotel with the Hyatt Stay Certificates?

Originally Posted by ck2003
Have you tried possibly using stay certificates? For that hyatt, you'll need the inspire level.

https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/p...CertsStay.aspx

What room type do you get at GH Kauai with the Hyatt Stay Certificates?

Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Duckman
Officially "standard guestroom" per the T&Cs. Same as award stays which is Garden View.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Duckman

Thanks!
When I used them at this property I received a 2nd or 3rd floor room in the Poipu Wing which I think was still garden view category. But from the balcony I could see a small partial view of the ocean. But this was not peak season.

Also, I think the cheapest room is mountain view but I don't know if that's considered "standard guest room".
Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
I have a two-night stay upcoming using Hyatt Visa free nights (suite since I am a Diamond). Suite is ocean-front, which is great, but only bed type available is one king. There are 4 in my party and I was hoping for 2 queens. GP customer service called the hotel and was told they could do 2 rollaways in the parlor area. I am OK with this in principle, but I am wondering how much space is in the parlor. Will 2 rollaways make it uncomfortable to move around, or is there room to spare? The description in the reservation says it's a 1200 sq ft suite, which seems fairly large.

Another question: I did request a late checkout, but there are no guarantees. My flight back to HNL is not until 8:30 PM and I'd like to be able to use the hotel facilities after checkout time. Is it permissible to use the pool and shower in the gym/spa/other, after checkout?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
Is it permissible to use the pool and shower in the gym/spa/other, after checkout?
Yes. As a Diamond you will have day-use access to the spa, which will totally redefine the concept of a locker room for you.

You will be quite pleased as a Diamond visiting this hotel. They hit the perfect balance between laid back and helpful, especially in the Grand Club. Just skip the Fried Red Himalayan Rice night. Other than that you will want to either propose to or adopt the club angel of your choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.