Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Hyderabad REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Hyderabad REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
My recent stay here was largely very pleasant. The hotel is a sanctuary from what I otherwise found to be a filthy city. I received a very nice upgrade to a large suite. Service was typical Park Hyatt standard. Every staff member I encountered was very polite and professional. I ate in the Italian restaurant twice and the food was top-rate, although serving sizes were a bit on the small side.

There was, however, one significant negative. I used the ATM in the hotel lobby, operated by a local bank. When the ATM asked if I wanted to use that bank's exchange rate, I declined. However, the ATM still used its (appalling) exchange rate and also charged me a significant service fee that was not disclosed. To be sure I hadn't taken a misstep, I went back to the ATM immediately after checking my account online. This time I withdrew INR100 (the minimum) and again declined the bank's conversion, But, again, the bank used its exchange rate, that was significantly worse than a few minutes earlier and I was also charged a service fee. I reported this to the front desk and after 24 hours was informed they would investigate with the bank on my behalf. I communicated with a duty manager and showed the manager photos I took of the ATM display on the second transaction. The manager promised to look into it. Quite some time has elapsed since the stay and I've not heard from the hotel. My home bank is now investigating. I am particularly concerned given both transactions appear on my bank statement as having been made at the "Part Hyyat Hotel"!
frank_10b likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 10:03 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
any recent stays?
how is the location for tourists?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.