Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Siem Reap - 2013

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
I just booked the PH with Virtuoso benefits for 350 USD per night, on a Park View Room, upgradable upon availability.

Since 15000 points are quite low and I have 250k points in my account, I'm tempted to used some for this stay.

I'm never going to use my points at the PHV since I'm from Paris, don't like Milan and Sydney is a bit far and I prefer the MO in Tokyo, so why not (sorry, thinking out loud and trying to convince myself)
I always think the best value for points is a suite in Tokyo at the PH as until recently with the Yen conversion the costs are devastating to the bank account.

In Paris (I don't live there anymore) if I stay in a hotel at all (rare as I usually stay with friends) I absolutely love the Four Seasons which I think is their top hotel in the world.
$350 USD per night in Siem Reap? Spend it. I also find the Virtuoso benefits are normally great.

You can always save your points for when eventually the PH Manhattan opens
Old May 29, 2013, 3:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Use the points.... you have plenty, and they will devalue in the future.
Old May 29, 2013, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTW1
Agreed. Inflation is coming (for both money and points)!

By the way enjoy Siem Reap!
Old May 29, 2013, 5:42 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by RTW1
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Agreed. Inflation is coming (for both money and points)!

By the way enjoy Siem Reap!
Cheers, thanks for the piece of advice.

I'm staying at the GH NYC in July for four nights where I'm using a Diamond certificate. I'm pretty dumb as I should have booked the Andaz and obtained a Splash Suite but now it's not available anymore. Nevermind, the Junior Suite at the GH might be good. I'll definitely think of booking something soon even if in mid-2014 with points in order to ensure that I get the current point value. Something like PH Maldives or PH NYC or PH Sydney, probably in a suite for 6/7 days.

being a member of FT makes me crazy sometimes, I imagine myself as a permanent traveler and all sorts of people ask me about travel all the time at work. And I only know probably 10% of what you guys know...

Anyway, Siem Reap really looks nice.
Old May 29, 2013, 9:23 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I'm also recommending that you use points for your stay. If a suite is important to you, and they're bookable for your stay (min of 3 nights - at 150% of the regular points so 22,000 or 23,000 points per night) you can book a suite. Either way, the redemption value is around 2 cents a point which is on the high side of what most of us value a Hyatt point at.

Hyatt will give a fair warning of any devaluation.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Looking forward to seeing reviews of this property in the coming months. Angkor Wat is one of the few places in Asia that my wife has expressed an enthusiastic interest in visiting.

If I'm not mistaken, this hotel has not yet been added to the Property Index thread?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Looking forward to seeing reviews of this property in the coming months. Angkor Wat is one of the few places in Asia that my wife has expressed an enthusiastic interest in visiting.

If I'm not mistaken, this hotel has not yet been added to the Property Index thread?
I will be staying there the day after the property opens.. Will give you a review to let you know how it's looking ^
Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:29 am

It hasn't opened, I don't usually add until its open or at least very close to the time.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 9:28 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by pogonation
I will be staying there the day after the property opens.. Will give you a review to let you know how it's looking ^
I'm looking forward to one of your wonderful reviews. I've been to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat. I'll be wondering if the hotel is so fabulous it is worth a second visit to the area.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by peteropny
It hasn't opened, I don't usually add until its open or at least very close to the time.
Sorry. I had thought it would be opening this month, but I guess that has been delayed to August?

Last edited by OsakaWino; Jul 4, 2013 at 10:11 am
Old Jul 4, 2013, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm looking forward to one of your wonderful reviews. I've been to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat. I'll be wondering if the hotel is so fabulous it is worth a second visit to the area.
Even though I am a big fan of Park Hyatt and also liked very much the Hotel de la Paix (which is now the Park Hyatt) the location on a very busy crossroads in the centre of dusty Siem Reap will pretty much ensure that it cannot be so fabulous.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 5:40 pm

Sorry. I had thought it would be opening this month, but I guess that has been delayed to August?
No apologies needed, just explaining my usual policy.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: EB, AY+
Even though I am a big fan of Park Hyatt and also liked very much the Hotel de la Paix (which is now the Park Hyatt) the location on a very busy crossroads in the centre of dusty Siem Reap will pretty much ensure that it cannot be so fabulous.

The location of HDLP is fabulous! Only thing dusty there is Springfield.
As a former resident in REP i seriously cant recommed any other 5* establishments because of their remote locations. You will just end up taking a temple tour and dinner in hotels restaurant.
It takes just under 2 min from HDLP to Mickey Bar (in front of Vattanac bank)
And you'll see price of a beer going down by 500%
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pekkav
The location of HDLP is fabulous! Only thing dusty there is Springfield.
As a former resident in REP i seriously cant recommed any other 5* establishments because of their remote locations. You will just end up taking a temple tour and dinner in hotels restaurant.
It takes just under 2 min from HDLP to Mickey Bar (in front of Vattanac bank)
And you'll see price of a beer going down by 500%
The walk from LaResidence or Raffles to the gloriously named "Pub Street" is less than 15 minutes at a leisurely pace or a $1 USD ride in a tuktuk.

Even Amansara is exactly 2.0 km away walking or 2.7 driving.

While I do from time to time appreciate the location of HDLP I don't think it can be compared to LaResidence or Amansara in particular.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
The walk from LaResidence or Raffles to the gloriously named "Pub Street" is less than 15 minutes at a leisurely pace or a $1 USD ride in a tuktuk.

Even Amansara is exactly 2.0 km away walking or 2.7 driving.

While I do from time to time appreciate the location of HDLP I don't think it can be compared to LaResidence or Amansara in particular.
But then the price of the Amansara is slightly different...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.