Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Siem Reap - 2013

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013, 3:26 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I replied to the original email sent by PH SR as I noticed they addressed the email to the wrong person (i.e. not me). They sent the email whch was originally meant to be sent to me and offered a rate of $255++ which I have accepted. I think this is a relatively fair offer since I will be staying there about a week after they plan to open.
Old May 4, 2013, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pogonation
I replied to the original email sent by PH SR as I noticed they addressed the email to the wrong person (i.e. not me). They sent the email whch was originally meant to be sent to me and offered a rate of $255++ which I have accepted. I think this is a relatively fair offer since I will be staying there about a week after they plan to open.
That sounds very fair. Please post a trip report as this hotel is high on the interest list!
Old May 5, 2013, 3:23 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Be nice to know what the Category would be... I called the reservation line and the agent said he presumed it would be a Category 6... that would place it amongst the likes of Park Hyatt Tokyo and Sydney.

I know it was formerly Hotel De La Paix, but that's a bit of a stretch I think.
Old May 5, 2013, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Be nice to know what the Category would be... I called the reservation line and the agent said he presumed it would be a Category 6... that would place it amongst the likes of Park Hyatt Tokyo and Sydney.

I know it was formerly Hotel De La Paix, but that's a bit of a stretch I think.
What is a stretch? Of course as a Park Hyatt that will be in high demand it will most likely be a category 6, or at a minimum category 5.
Old May 5, 2013, 7:36 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
What is a stretch? Of course as a Park Hyatt that will be in high demand it will most likely be a category 6, or at a minimum category 5.
I would guess with the rates presented here, it will be category 5 - 4 is possible - 6 would be a stretch. Not all Parks are 6.
Old May 5, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
It is a stretch because Cat 6 properties, as I mentioned before, are in locations where cost of living and operating cost in general are high and are located in major metropolitan areas; Tokyo, Hong Kong, Paris, Zurich, Moscow, even Milan.

Whereas Cambodia is not a location where you expect a Cat 6 to be. It is more comparable to Cat 4 like Park Hyatt Saigon, Hyderabad, Chennai; even Seoul is a Cat 4. Looking at Cat 5, you're in the company of Beijing, Shanghai, Istanbul, and Dubai.

So, yes, if PH Siem Reap were to be a Cat 6, given all the relative Park Hyatt properties, I would consider it too high; regardless if it is in demand or not. Demand itself has no bearing on the Category.

And to add, I visited Hotel De La Paix when I was in Siem Reap to look around; it was a wonderful place. But unless Hyatt is going to do something beyond a remodel, i.e. tearing it down and rebuilding it to an epic property beyond comparison in the region, I don't see how it would qualify as Cat 6. I've stayed @ PH Paris and Tokyo, and I can see why those marquee properties have gotten the Cat 6.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:35 am

Website is now showing a bit more information. There is a picture of one of the rooms on the front page too. Booking system not live yet however.
Old May 23, 2013, 3:27 am

Booking has now gone live on the website. Looks like standard daily rate is $280.
Old May 23, 2013, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booking has now gone live on the website. Looks like standard daily rate is $280.
Is this hotel FHR or Virtuoso affiliated?
Old May 23, 2013, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Is this hotel FHR or Virtuoso affiliated?
Definitely Virtuoso affiliated. Looks like the only benefit over diamond benefits is that you get a complimentary set dinner for two and 20% off selected spa treatments. I have a $255 rate already organised with the hotel.. If it is ineligible for a 6000 point upgrade, then I will book the daily rate through virtuoso instead, otherwise it isn't worth about $80 for the meal.
Old May 23, 2013, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Definitely Virtuoso affiliated. Looks like the only benefit over diamond benefits is that you get a complimentary set dinner for two and 20% off selected spa treatments. I have a $255 rate already organised with the hotel.. If it is ineligible for a 6000 point upgrade, then I will book the daily rate through virtuoso instead, otherwise it isn't worth about $80 for the meal.
Thanks.
Old May 28, 2013, 5:08 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
When I asked for rates, they told me that they would be able to send these to me at the end of May.

I'm currently holding a reservation at the Privilege Floor of the Borei hotel for my January 2014 trip to Asia.

The Raffles seems overpriced for the country and so does La Residence D'Angkor.

Let's see what they published for rates. I'm hoping to use my company worldwide rate to get a cheap one.
Old May 28, 2013, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
When I asked for rates, they told me that they would be able to send these to me at the end of May.

I'm currently holding a reservation at the Privilege Floor of the Borei hotel for my January 2014 trip to Asia.

The Raffles seems overpriced for the country and so does La Residence D'Angkor.

Let's see what they published for rates. I'm hoping to use my company worldwide rate to get a cheap one.
Keep in mind in general that Siem Reap is quite expensive and not really comparable to many other points in Cambodia.

La Residence D'Angkor does provide a very nice overall value by the way.
Old May 28, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Did a test booking, 15000 points were deducted from my account, it means Cat 4 hotel.

PS: Not possible to cancel point bookings online anymore? Has Hyatt gone mentally ill ?
Old May 28, 2013, 2:10 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Keep in mind in general that Siem Reap is quite expensive and not really comparable to many other points in Cambodia.

La Residence D'Angkor does provide a very nice overall value by the way.
I just booked the PH with Virtuoso benefits for 350 USD per night, on a Park View Room, upgradable upon availability.

Since 15000 points are quite low and I have 250k points in my account, I'm tempted to used some for this stay.

I'm never going to use my points at the PHV since I'm from Paris, don't like Milan and Sydney is a bit far and I prefer the MO in Tokyo, so why not (sorry, thinking out loud and trying to convince myself)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.