Search

Hyatt Android App now available!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:54 am
Company Representative - Hyatt e-Commerce
Original Poster

Hyatt Android App now available!

Bill from Hyatt E-Commerce here.

I'm pleased to announce that the Hyatt Android App is now available in the Android Market or at Google Play!

This app has the same basic design as the iPhone App but modified for Android devices.

Please give it a spin and let us know what you think.

The app allows Android users to search and explore hotels using location-based technology, check-in and checkout, and book new and view existing reservations, as well as join, find deals and track point balances through Hyatt Gold Passport.

Additional features of the Hyatt mobile app for Android, include:
• Access to weather, local time, maps and turn-by-turn driving directions to any Hyatt destination worldwide
• Search, find and book hotel reservations based on rate, location and available amenities at properties around the globe
• Sign up for, and readily review special offers and discounts through the Hyatt Gold Passport loyalty program
• Check-in before arrival, check-out on-the-go
• The ability to connect directly to Hyatt Concierge, Hyatt’s Twitter-based concierge service, which is available 24/7
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:00 pm

Looks good, but seems to throw a wobbler when trying to enter my login id (using a swype keyboard on a galaxy S II (UK).)

OK with normal (samsung) keyboard

(Same on Galaxy Tab)
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:06 pm

thank you :-)
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:50 pm

nice,downloading...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by chengjq
nice,downloading...
Looking forward to using this one. I'd admit that I probably booked a few extra Hilton nights (vis-a-vis Hyatt) because they had an easy app. I'm glad the playing field's been re-leveled.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:05 pm
Company Representative - Hyatt e-Commerce
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mevad
Looks good, but seems to throw a wobbler when trying to enter my login id (using a swype keyboard on a galaxy S II (UK).)

OK with normal (samsung) keyboard

(Same on Galaxy Tab)
Bill from E-Commerce here. Very strange. I tried this using swype on my droid bionic and it worked fine. Odd that it worked via normal keyboard. Are you sure your PW, which is stared out, swyped properly? I'll ask someone to try to duplicate on a Galaxy tab.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Downloading now, will report back later.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chanp
Downloading now, will report back later.
Umm...okay.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by bbernahl
Bill from E-Commerce here. Very strange. I tried this using swype on my droid bionic and it worked fine. Odd that it worked via normal keyboard. Are you sure your PW, which is stared out, swyped properly? I'll ask someone to try to duplicate on a Galaxy tab.

Its when I type the 'I' in my user name or use the back space I get addition characters and the letters start flashing.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
It would be great if you could see your password (either the full thing or each key that times out) as you type it. Using a mobile phone its hard to see what you typed.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by bbernahl
Same here -- I can't login! Tries to autocomplete every letter I type out (and not even prompting me if that is what I want at the bottom). When I leave the cursor on the field, it continues to "freak out" and tries to autocomplete something that's not there.

I'm using VZW Galaxy Nexus with Swype. I tried both username and GP # (tries to autocomplete the number).

It feels like Swype isn't recognizing that the username field is actually a username field.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
New Hyatt Droid App!

Just downloaded this a couple days ago, and I really like it!

A long wait for it, but they seem to have done a pretty good job.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by seaduck79
Just downloaded this a couple days ago, and I really like it!

A long wait for it, but they seem to have done a pretty good job.
Haven't gotten to use it yet due to a few bugs (just the iPhone app) but glad to hear it.

Last edited by peteropny; Mar 31, 2012 at 7:07 pm Reason: irrelevant after merging
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
I am loving this app! Took a long time to get, but I can make, see, and cancel my reservations, look up hotels including pics and maps.

Feature set is pretty good, but here are a couple areas that could use a tweak:
  • With multiple reservations, I would like to be able to see them in a list and/or calendar view, instead of having to swipe from one to the next.
  • Also, it seems like the reservations should be displaying (on the full page for each in chronological order, but they don't.
)
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Woohoo downloading now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.