Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel won't release suites for upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat

(Searched for similar posts but I can't find - apologies if I missed..)

I just tried to book a suite upgrade at Huntington Beach, I see the suite available online, the GP rep saw it online... but the hotel refuses saying they want to keep the last 1 or 2 open suites available for sale. Assuming this is the right suite category ("So Cal Suite") then this goes against policy - is it best to call the hotel directly, or try GP again, or other?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:02 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I can't tell from the room / suite listing for this hotel what the base entry suite is so not sure if the SoCal Suite is the right one for application of upgrades. Also, I don't think that suites have the same policy as base entry rooms (if available for revenue stay - available for awards/upgrades) - I tend to think that it's not. Perhaps you can PM the Gold Passport Concierge staff here on Flyertalk to get the best answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.