Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
I have an upcoming stay and read the entire thread. I saw some common themes, and thought it would be useful to start a wiki. Please feel free to update or correct anything. I haven't stayed here, so the information is based on the contents of the thread:

- Diamond Suite Upgrades are NOT available at this property.
- Diamond members receive a complimentary full breakfast for up to 4 guests.
- The beds are very firm platform beds. I saw a few posts where a foam pad for the top of the bed was requested.
- Docked cruise ships that may obstruct the view from the Harbour view rooms.
- The hotel is 4 stories.

The concierge desk offers a weekly tour of the Rocks on Saturday.

Link that shows when cruise ships will be docked opposite the hotel:
https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...ruise-schedule

Room Types and Floorplans:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms

Expert Review posted in Luxury Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-reviews/r-wonderful-park-hyatt-sydney-stay-and-city-harbor-view-with-a-few-caveats-1943
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I think NRT has more of a grip on Tokyo than HND!
PH HND is like saying PH LIN or PH LGA...
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stargold
PH HND is like saying PH LIN or PH LGA...
PH ORD
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
PH HND sounds about as wrong as if you said PH ORY, or PH LBG instead of CDG.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:20 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Can we keep this thread on track, please?
iluv2fly and senyah like this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by ghostboy
How did you stay go? My wife have a stay early Sept for our 10th wedding anniversary.
Greetings GB,

How was your anniversary stay/visit to PH SYD earlier this month? I have rebooked my 5 night stay at the PH SYD and MEL for May 2019, and my wife and I are really looking forward to taking Mr. Walker for an early evening stroll around the PH MEL neighborhood.

Last edited by luvFclass; Sep 14, 2018 at 9:52 am
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by luvFclass
Greetings GB,

How was your anniversary stay/visit to PH SYD earlier this month? I have rebooked my 5 night stay at the PH SYD and MEL for May 2019, and my wife and I are really looking forward to taking Mr. Walker for an early evening stroll around the PH MEL neighborhood.
Hi luvFclass, sorry for not sending an update before now.

I did email the GM a week prior to our stay letting him know if was our 10th wedding anniversary & asked if it would be possible to secure a paid or points upgrade. A few days later, he replied saying it would be his pleasure to offer a complimentary upgrade to an Opera View room!

When we checked in, they asked if we were there for a special occasion (to which I replied it was our 10th anniv). The room was not ready (we arrived around 2.30pm), so we ventured out and explored The Rocks Markets & received a call from the hotel around 4.30pm that our room was ready.

The room was spectacular (will append pics later once I get a hold of my wife's phone); and there was a bottle of Veuve Clicquot champagne and 12 chocolate covered strawberries already in the room with a nice note from the Guest Services Manager. About 30 mins later, there was a knock on the door - another Manager had sent up chocolates and a note apologizing that our room was not ready when we checked in.

Overall, spectacular overnight stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone - IF you're able to pay for OR score an upgrade to a harbor or opera view room. There is still a lot of construction happening in the area, and I pity the guests who end up in the rooms (facing the construction).

I wish you a wonderful trip to Australia!

GB.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Greeting GB mate,

An amazing review and stay at the PH SYD! So happy your expectations were exceeded, and your wife and you had an amazing 10th anniversary visit to the hotel. May 2019 can't come soon enough for us now.

Best,

LFC
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Does anyone have any insight on Points/Points+Cash availability? For some dates, I see points availability for both King Room and King Room w/ Harbour view for certain nights, but just King room for others and the same seems to be true of Points+Cash availability

Anyone know if this is seasonal or just availability based? I am planning on booking for NYE next year but would prefer to not get stuck with a plain King Room.

Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I have never seen points/points&cash available for the Xmas - New Year time slot. I am pretty sure it is all $$$$
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by frogss29
I have never seen points/points&cash available for the Xmas - New Year time slot. I am pretty sure it is all $$$$
Really? I was under the impression that Hyatt award availability mirrored standard room availability and became available 395 days out. I wasn't aware there were exceptions to this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Does anyone have any insight on Points/Points+Cash availability? For some dates, I see points availability for both King Room and King Room w/ Harbour view for certain nights, but just King room for others and the same seems to be true of Points+Cash availability

Anyone know if this is seasonal or just availability based? I am planning on booking for NYE next year but would prefer to not get stuck with a plain King Room.

Thanks
Unless you're Hyatt points poor, I don't really see the value in using C&P at the PH Sydney. Looks like it's currently 15k points + 400AUD (about $282 USD). Then you have to add taxes on to that. So you're paying well over 2 cents per point. Don't like it.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:00 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
As above. The hotel doesn't accept awards for Xmas or NYE. It's a minimum 5 nights and cash only at RACK.

Book a base room and you will end up with a room overlooking Hickson Rd.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:53 pm

Probably got lucky because Christmas 2019 is midweek... just booked 3 nights 24-27 dec 2019 for 90k in the 1 KNG HARBOUR VW.
NYE is blocked, but Christmas days worked exactly as we wanted
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:10 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by senyah
Probably got lucky because Christmas 2019 is midweek... just booked 3 nights 24-27 dec 2019 for 90k in the 1 KNG HARBOUR VW.
Congratulations! They generally invoke a 5 night minimum stay as well. They've either decided to release inventory or the sales coordinator didn't do their job!
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by senyah
Congratulations But it was more the Christmas - NYE that I was talking about. Would LOVE to be there and see the fireworks. Just don't want to spend $$$.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.