Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
I have an upcoming stay and read the entire thread. I saw some common themes, and thought it would be useful to start a wiki. Please feel free to update or correct anything. I haven't stayed here, so the information is based on the contents of the thread:

- Diamond Suite Upgrades are NOT available at this property.
- Diamond members receive a complimentary full breakfast for up to 4 guests.
- The beds are very firm platform beds. I saw a few posts where a foam pad for the top of the bed was requested.
- Docked cruise ships that may obstruct the view from the Harbour view rooms.
- The hotel is 4 stories.

The concierge desk offers a weekly tour of the Rocks on Saturday.

Link that shows when cruise ships will be docked opposite the hotel:
https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...ruise-schedule

Room Types and Floorplans:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms

Expert Review posted in Luxury Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-reviews/r-wonderful-park-hyatt-sydney-stay-and-city-harbor-view-with-a-few-caveats-1943
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:53 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oziyal
Looking for thoughts on a cash vs points stay here coming up next week (1 night). I initially booked a points stay when rates were around $750-$800 but they've now fallen as low as $486 given the off season. Questioning whether it's worth spending 30K points at a value of about 1.6 cents per point. I could book a Prive rate for about $500 and receive breakfast and $100 credit. I'm only Discoverist, so likely will be put in a interior-facing Park King but revenue Prive rate would likely guarantee a Harbour View room. Not super enthused on spending $500 outright but it seems like the points would be a waste unless I score an upgrade on the points booking. Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!
I've never seen rates that low for a decade!

I wouldn't spend $500 on the use of 30,000 points. Plus Prive will be of great benefit. There is no point staying at the PH with a view of Hickson Rd.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:57 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I've never seen rates that low for a decade!

I wouldn't spend $500 on the use of 30,000 points. Plus Prive will be of great benefit. There is no point staying at the PH with a view of Hickson Rd.
My stay in May 2017 was on free nights from the Hyatt card and my Mom’s was on points. My upgraded view of the harbor and city was wonderful—and for me, at least, more interesting than the Opera House view. So it’s possible!
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:25 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bhrubin

My stay in May 2017 was on free nights from the Hyatt card and my Mom’s was on points. My upgraded view of the harbor and city was wonderful—and for me, at least, more interesting than the Opera House view. So it’s possible!
Park Kings face Hickson Rd. You are describing the City/Harbour View. I believe they've all been renamed, anyway.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Advice Needed.

I have a 3 night all points stay here next week, (as part of a 43Kkms Mini RTW) as it's our 15th wedding anniversary. Would I be better off to contact Hotel Guest Services directly if I wanted to surprise my wife with perhaps a welcome surprise for her/us? It's that, or put a note in our reservation with Hyatt Central Office. Would be nice as she loves these type of things.

If any FT'ers are staying at same time, I am there the 9th-12th. Then onwards to the PH MEL on the 12th for 2 nights. A beer at the The Dining room or anywhere on site would be smashing.

TIA

LFC
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Based on my experience here, I would engage the hotel directly, and suggest you are clear about your expectations.

Originally Posted by luvFclass
Advice Needed.

I have a 3 night all points stay here next week, (as part of a 43Kkms Mini RTW) as it's our 15th wedding anniversary. Would I be better off to contact Hotel Guest Services directly if I wanted to surprise my wife with perhaps a welcome surprise for her/us? It's that, or put a note in our reservation with Hyatt Central Office. Would be nice as she loves these type of things.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:32 pm

Thanks for the quick input on my query. I just sent off the direct email to The Guest Services at the property and detailed exactly what we are celebrating, and telling them my wife loves small surprises for these types of anniversary or special occasions. As a non VIP1 or VIP2, I asked for any small welcome amenity would be a nice for her, and very much appreciated from me.

I told them nothing fancy is expected, but am very appreciative of their time on the matter. Bottom line, nothing fancy is expected, but will be appreciated no matter the significance. I was always grateful for a welcome letter from the GM, and plate of fruit from year's past.

LFC

Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:31 am

Thanks for the quick input on my query. I just sent off the direct email to The Guest Services at the property and detailed exactly what we are celebrating, and telling them my wife loves small surprises for these types of anniversary or special occasions. As a non VIP1 or VIP2, I asked for any small welcome amenity would be a nice for her, and very much appreciated from me.

I told them nothing fancy is expected, but am very appreciative of their time on the matter. Bottom line, nothing fancy is expected, but will be appreciated no matter the significance. I was always grateful for a welcome letter from the GM, and plate of fruit from year's past.

LFC

How did you stay go? My wife have a stay early Sept for our 10th wedding anniversary.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:40 am

PH SYD PPD to 2019 due to IRROPS & Weather

Originally Posted by ghostboy
How did you stay go? My wife have a stay early Sept for our 10th wedding anniversary.
Hi GB,

First the good news. In the week/days before trip, as recommended from AZ...above, I contacted guest services at the hotel and Pauline in this department assured my request was well received and will be their pleasure to plan a very nice welcome for us.

Now the bad news, I missed connected my QF12-F flight JFK>LAX>MEL due to my YUL > LGA/JFK going multiple IRROPS/Ground Stop weather issues in LGA. Since I was only staying for 4 nights total in SYD/MEL, I decided to cancel that portion of the trip and headed on an ICN/TPE/BKK PH & GH Hotel and city tour instead.

I will let you know my findings next year same time as I am re-planning that trip again. I will definitely plan on arriving in JFK evening before.

Happy Pre - Anniversary and I will live thru your experience now.

LFC

Last edited by luvFclass; Aug 25, 2018 at 10:05 am
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:47 am

Now the bad news, I missed connected my QF12-F flight JFK>LAX>MEL due to my YUL > LGA/JFK going multiple IRROPS/Ground Stop weather issues in LGA. Since I was only staying for 4 nights total in SYD/MEL, I decided to cancel that portion of the trip and headed on an ICN/TPE/BKK PH & GH Hotel and city tour instead.
LFC, I'm so sorry you missed your greatly anticipated stay at the PH Sydney. What an unfortunate series of events. I trust next year's trip will come off as planned and hope the hotel is able to make it extraordinary for you. It can be such a wonderful place from which to experience Sydney.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
LFC, I'm so sorry you missed your greatly anticipated stay at the PH Sydney. What an unfortunate series of events. I trust next year's trip will come off as planned and hope the hotel is able to make it extraordinary for you. It can be such a wonderful place from which to experience Sydney.
Thanks for the words of encouragement AZ! I am actually super stoked for 2019 travels to OZ.

Q for you: I plan in staying in SYD proper for my entire 3 night stay, and will do a same day wine tour in MEL and stay for 2 nights. Shall I stay 3 nights in SYD, and 2 nights in (PH) MEL as planned, or 4/1 would be too rushed? I arrive in SYD day 1 at 11am and my flight would leave from MEL>SIN on QF @ 11:30am the last day after 5 nights in the country.

Sorry for the OT Q.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks for the words of encouragement AZ! I am actually super stoked for 2019 travels to OZ.

Q for you: I plan in staying in SYD proper for my entire 3 night stay, and will do a same day wine tour in MEL and stay for 2 nights. Shall I stay 3 nights in SYD, and 2 nights in (PH) MEL as planned, or 4/1 would be too rushed? I arrive in SYD day 1 at 11am and my flight would leave from MEL>SIN on QF @ 11:30am the last day after 5 nights in the country.

Sorry for the OT Q.
3 and 2. Melbourne deserves some love too!
luvFclass likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I would agree 3/2 as MEL is a fantastic city. Also consider GH MEL as PH is average IMO
luvFclass likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:10 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

As above.

Sydney is the beautiful Harbour city with lots to see an Melbourne is the city of tree lined streets, arts and culture. The PHs are very different properties. And don't forget the PH MEL has Mr Walker

You can request to take him for a morning walk

http://awol.junkee.com/mr-walker-par...elbourne/53047
luvFclass likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:59 pm

That alone is enough for me
luvFclass likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:17 pm

I concur with the other comments re 3:2. MEL is worth more than a day. Plus, you're likely to have such a wonderful time at the PH in SYD that you'll be planning a longer return visit before you even leave.

My stay at the PH MEL was my worst PH stay anywhere in the world. (My comments are in the thread for that property.) People tend to say good things about the GH in MEL. If I return I'll likely give that a go. It will be cheaper for you -- so you can save some points for your return to the PH SYD.
luvFclass and bhrubin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.