Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
I have an upcoming stay and read the entire thread. I saw some common themes, and thought it would be useful to start a wiki. Please feel free to update or correct anything. I haven't stayed here, so the information is based on the contents of the thread:

- Diamond Suite Upgrades are NOT available at this property.
- Diamond members receive a complimentary full breakfast for up to 4 guests.
- The beds are very firm platform beds. I saw a few posts where a foam pad for the top of the bed was requested.
- Docked cruise ships that may obstruct the view from the Harbour view rooms.
- The hotel is 4 stories.

The concierge desk offers a weekly tour of the Rocks on Saturday.

Link that shows when cruise ships will be docked opposite the hotel:
https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...ruise-schedule

Room Types and Floorplans:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms

Expert Review posted in Luxury Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-reviews/r-wonderful-park-hyatt-sydney-stay-and-city-harbor-view-with-a-few-caveats-1943
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2020, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

That is a very, very special suite. I always wondered what their top suite looked like and thanks for sharing.
not2017 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 3:22 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Aventine
That is a very, very special suite. I always wondered what their top suite looked like and thanks for sharing.
The Sydney Suite is a higher category as it has direct views of the Sydney Opera House. There are others in a higher category but being on the lower levels mean they have multiple, standard hotel room balconies.

You can find the detailed info on their suites on their micro site https://parkhyattsydneysuites.com/
Old Sep 1, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Red259
i went up and looked at the rooftop pool and it was pretty pathetic looking.
Originally Posted by m0hamed
The pool here is defintely the best in Sydney, if not Australia.
I'm curious why @Red259 find the pool pathetic while @m0hamed finds it among the best in Australia. Is it the size of the pool? The view of the harbor?

(The only time I stayed at the Park Hyatt Sydney, I did not have time to even see the pool. I usually stay at either the Sheraton in the Park, which has a tiny toe-dip pool with a nice view, or the Hilton Sydney, which has a 25-meter lap pool in the basement health club, so excellent for length but no view.)
Old Sep 1, 2020, 8:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by anabolism
I'm curious why @Red259 find the pool pathetic while @m0hamed finds it among the best in Australia. Is it the size of the pool? The view of the harbor?

(The only time I stayed at the Park Hyatt Sydney, I did not have time to even see the pool. I usually stay at either the Sheraton in the Park, which has a tiny toe-dip pool with a nice view, or the Hilton Sydney, which has a 25-meter lap pool in the basement health club, so excellent for length but no view.)
I was curious on this one, too. I assumed m0hamed was referring to the pool area rather than just the pool. I don't think there's anything special about the pool per se.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 11:01 am
Community Director Emerita

Loved the report. Stunning pictures inside and outside of the suite. Those full bottles of Aesop would have been tucked away in my suitcase to travel home with me.
SojournsOf likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 4:01 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The pool area is beautifully designed with a million dollar view. You can see the Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House and tan while watching the ferries go by. We did the NYE cocktail party here a few years ago and was a once in a lifetime experience.

It is indeed small, so best enjoyed when not busy. There are only 14 sun beds and 3 cabanas.

I like the Sheraton’s view but the pool being indoor doesn’t compare.

As for the Aesop, they obviously disappeared each morning before housekeeping arrived. I am Arab, after all 😉.
SanDiego1K and SojournsOf like this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 1:13 am
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
I'm glad you had a great stay m0hamed ! Spoke to the team today, and they've had a couple of good months, so let's hope things keep improving here in Australia.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 3:08 pm

This will add to the many memories we have at the PH.Service was not what we are used to, but as I said, I set my expectations accordingly. For those who are visiting the PH for the first time they may well be disappointed.We drove past the FS and Shang and there were more people in their driveways and foyers than we saw during our entire stay. We wanted to avoid this because of Covid-19 and the entire Local Government Area of Sydney considered. The value we received with the Privé offer and special upgrade provided exceptional value. I would definitely book this Suite again, but during December or January where you could enjoy the terrace during Sydney's Summer nights.
I am sure there are some who would disagree with me, but if you are a return visitor to Sydney who wants to do anything outside of The Rocks or the Circular Quay area, the only draw to the PH is the Rooftop Suites.

Did you not have a dedicated butler? I always have a single point of contact who delivers the welcome gift, takes room service orders, etc. I can understand why they might have removed this dedicated service as a cost saving measure but it takes away from staying in a suite behind the sliding glass door.

The fridge filled with Veuve in these suites is also always dangerous, I've had friends open the fridge and pop open a bottle thinking they were free!

These suites also provide an amazing vantage point during Vivid.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Loved the report. Stunning pictures inside and outside of the suite. Those full bottles of Aesop would have been tucked away in my suitcase to travel home with me.
I do this. Every. Single. Time.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by jja34-1
I am sure there are some who would disagree with me, but if you are a return visitor to Sydney who wants to do anything outside of The Rocks or the Circular Quay area, the only draw to the PH is the Rooftop Suites.

Did you not have a dedicated butler? I always have a single point of contact who delivers the welcome gift, takes room service orders, etc. I can understand why they might have removed this dedicated service as a cost saving measure but it takes away from staying in a suite behind the sliding glass door.
For me, there is no comparable hotel in town. The FS, IMHO, is on of the worst in their footprint. Their rooms have been refurbed but the common areas are still plain. The suites don't look impressive. The Shang is a big corporate hotel and both have the Cahill Expressway ruining the view of the Harbour. So the PH just feels more exclusive and you are never surrounded by scores of guests. Before they build huge PHs the brand standard was 200 rooms or less.

The Rocks is even more difficult to drive into as they have made it one way on George Street, unsure if it's temporary or permanent.

I do like the Sheraton and the rooms from the 15th floor and above can see the Harbour Heads. With Exec Suites there around $500 it's my second option.

There was a dedicated Butler delivering room service, but everyone was multi tasking. At one point I saw the engineer take a drink order by the pool! My understanding is normally there is one Butler per floor who is assisted by others.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I do this. Every. Single. Time.
Sadly, their numbers grow smaller each year. Hyatts with Aesop.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:55 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Guys it seems with paid suite stays the rate comes with return airport limousine transfers, does anyone know what sort of cars they typically use for this ?
Cheers
Old Nov 12, 2020, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Nizar
Guys it seems with paid suite stays the rate comes with return airport limousine transfers, does anyone know what sort of cars they typically use for this ?
Cheers
I’ve always swapped it out for valet parking.

They use Unity and are generally Audi A8s, otherwise Escalades with the American celebs seem to prefer.
Nizar likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 2:27 am

the only draw to the PH is the Rooftop Suites.
Have you (or anyone else) stayed in one of the Rooftop Suites recently ?
Is the hard product up to scratch ?
Old Nov 13, 2020, 2:41 am

I’ve always swapped it out for valet parking.

They use Unity and are generally Audi A8s, otherwise Escalades with the American celebs seem to prefer.
Just saw your review !
Looks amazing !
Despite having low expectations, were there still any service let downs ? Doesn't seem so from your review

Are there 2 or 3 rooftop suites ?
Should any one be requested over the other due to having better views etc ? As far as you know ?
Old Nov 13, 2020, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Nizar
Just saw your review !
Looks amazing !
Despite having low expectations, were there still any service let downs ? Doesn't seem so from your review

Are there 2 or 3 rooftop suites ?
Should any one be requested over the other due to having better views etc ? As far as you know ?
I checked out yesterday for another Staycation. Will review shortly.

My advice is book a mid week stay when it’s not busy. Weekends can feel like a zoo.

I think there is only one but worth checking.

Everything is fully operational with breakfast daily in The Dining Room (no buffet) and The Spa open as of yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.