Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
I have an upcoming stay and read the entire thread. I saw some common themes, and thought it would be useful to start a wiki. Please feel free to update or correct anything. I haven't stayed here, so the information is based on the contents of the thread:

- Diamond Suite Upgrades are NOT available at this property.
- Diamond members receive a complimentary full breakfast for up to 4 guests.
- The beds are very firm platform beds. I saw a few posts where a foam pad for the top of the bed was requested.
- Docked cruise ships that may obstruct the view from the Harbour view rooms.
- The hotel is 4 stories.

The concierge desk offers a weekly tour of the Rocks on Saturday.

Link that shows when cruise ships will be docked opposite the hotel:
https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...ruise-schedule

Room Types and Floorplans:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms

Expert Review posted in Luxury Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-reviews/r-wonderful-park-hyatt-sydney-stay-and-city-harbor-view-with-a-few-caveats-1943
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Originally Posted by devastor
Have a stay next week and at this point I am doing a 3 night stay on P+C but really thinking about doing straight up points. I don't see $400AUD a night worth it to save 15,000 points. Especially with the 10% points back offer going on.

Any thoughts on this?
any help on this?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think you need to determine for yourself what points are worth to you and how much you value night credit.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by devastor
any help on this?
Personally, it's a no brainer for me. I think cat 7 have the least C&P value. I am a huge fan of C&P, but not for cat 7. I would only do it to get night credit.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho
Personally, it's a no brainer for me. I think cat 7 have the least C&P value. I am a huge fan of C&P, but not for cat 7. I would only do it to get night credit.
Agreed. Do straight points.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
A good rule. I think the "middle" categories are the sweet spot for C&P.

The lowest categories are often cheap enough on their own, and the co-pay on the higher categories doesn't really justify C&P c.f. pure points. The only exception is if you are completely desperate for stay/night credits.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Thanks everyone. I did straight up points!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:59 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
This will be pretty incredible. Basically you can experience Vivid all year round http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-ope...27-gwze06.html
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVPG, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by m0hamed
This will be pretty incredible. Basically you can experience Vivid all year round http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-ope...27-gwze06.html
But unlike Vivid, which projects on the west sails, this will project on the east sails, so you won't be able to view it from an opera view room. The view from the Royal Botanical Gardens should be fantastic!

Had a wonderful stay during Vivid. Not a bad deal booking a cash stay using Citi Prestige fourth night rebate and the current WoH bonus.

BTW, the Rocks tour is not offered during Australian winter.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:35 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I totally missed that. Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:53 pm

When did they restrict points redemptions to only Park Kings? Before, I think you could redeem points for a City Harbour.

Shame.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
When did they restrict points redemptions to only Park Kings? Before, I think you could redeem points for a City Harbour.

Shame.
Recently. But you'll rarely be assigned one.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: QF P1, VA Velocity, Etihad P, IHG SPE Amb, Hyatt Glob
As a Globalist what is the usual room upgrade offered Opera Deluxe ? If so it's worth booking. I'd hate to book a room and get a standard room at this property.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:42 pm

Oh yeah, the problem I have with it is that it limits redemptions. It's a slippery slope.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by drpopper
As a Globalist what is the usual room upgrade offered Opera Deluxe ? If so it's worth booking. I'd hate to book a room and get a standard room at this property.
Opera King. Generally have to push for more.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: QF P1, VA Velocity, Etihad P, IHG SPE Amb, Hyatt Glob
What if I booked a Opera King ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.