Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
I have an upcoming stay and read the entire thread. I saw some common themes, and thought it would be useful to start a wiki. Please feel free to update or correct anything. I haven't stayed here, so the information is based on the contents of the thread:

- Diamond Suite Upgrades are NOT available at this property.
- Diamond members receive a complimentary full breakfast for up to 4 guests.
- The beds are very firm platform beds. I saw a few posts where a foam pad for the top of the bed was requested.
- Docked cruise ships that may obstruct the view from the Harbour view rooms.
- The hotel is 4 stories.

The concierge desk offers a weekly tour of the Rocks on Saturday.

Link that shows when cruise ships will be docked opposite the hotel:
https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...ruise-schedule

Room Types and Floorplans:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms

Expert Review posted in Luxury Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-reviews/r-wonderful-park-hyatt-sydney-stay-and-city-harbor-view-with-a-few-caveats-1943
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by CHSDOC
Location is ok, but the location of all the other quay hotels are nice..
Let's be honest - the location is extremely inconvenient for anything other than the view / aspect / privacy.

The George St roadworks / tramworks make this part of The Rocks feel even more isolated than before, adding ~$5 to taxi/uber fares due to traffic, and weird routes.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
One thing which this hotel is really good at is housekeeping.

They really do spend a good amount of time (~1hr maybe) servicing each room, each day for the main service, followed by the evening turn down service, which is a full reset (if required).

I drink a lot of water, and the hotel is quite good at arranging extra bottled water to be in my room, along with the normal fruit plate and bottle of wine.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Had a one night stay over the weekend as a last hurrah before my Diamond status expires.

Given a one category upgrade from the Park King to the City Harbour King, which provided a great view of the Queen Mary 2 so I was happy with that.

Chose a bottle of sparkling wine for as the welcome amenity, which turned out to be Chandon.

Breakfast was reasonably good with the full buffet and one a la carte choice for Diamonds. Went with the tasty grilled smoked salmon, though it was no match for the Dunganess Crab Benedict at the Hyatt Olive 8.

Overall a very pleasant staycation with the 4PM check out being particularly appreciated.
Attached Images   
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Coathanger
Given a one category upgrade from the Park King to the City Harbour King, which provided a great view of the Queen Mary 2 so I was happy with that.
Great pic of the QM2-almost like a travel poster. Unlike many others I, too, enjoy the City Harbor views. Always something going on.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by JetAway
Great pic of the QM2-almost like a travel poster. Unlike many others I, too, enjoy the City Harbor views. Always something going on.
Thanks, JetAway!

I've also added the room type brochure which shows the different categories and layouts for future reference to the Wiki or via:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
+1 and incredible picture.

I'm looking to go back next February (as an explorist) and am so conflicted. If they gave me the same City Harbor room I had last time, I'd stay in a second, if not, one of the Marriott/SPG properties (as a Marriott/SPG Plat) or the Hyatt Regency using one of the new Club upgrades seems appealing.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
am so conflicted. If they gave me the same City Harbor room I had last time, I'd stay in a second,.
It'll be interesting to see if their participation in WOH is better than it was with HGP. One can only hope.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: SPG Plat
have a 2 night award stay here coming up in two weeks. What can I expect as a globalist in the new program? what are the chances of a suite upgrade?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by rooivalk
have a 2 night award stay here coming up in two weeks. What can I expect as a globalist in the new program? what are the chances of a suite upgrade?
No chance of a suite. This PH is exempt from suite upgrades of any kind. You should be given the best non-suite room available but this hotel notoriously plays games so that is not assured. Please advise us of what you are given.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:25 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
No chance of a suite. This PH is exempt from suite upgrades of any kind. You should be given the best non-suite room available but this hotel notoriously plays games so that is not assured. Please advise us of what you are given.
Actually it's not exempt from complimentary upgrades, but the hotel has a history of being stingy.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 2:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Actually it's not exempt from complimentary upgrades, but the hotel has a history of being stingy.
Really? Do we know if there is officially such a distinction?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Complimentary upgrades are at the hotel's discretion as is "best available room." So it can exempt itself from these pesky benefits.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Ok, staying here tonight on a free night certificate. No status other than what comes with the credit card (under WOH = Discoverist). Got upgraded to Opera view room on the first floor. Here is the view from my balcony, very pleased!
Attached Images  
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Complimentary upgrades are at the hotel's discretion as is "best available room." So it can exempt itself from these pesky benefits.
I assume that's the Opera Deluxe?

I'll let everyone know what I end up getting... but I hope it's not the Park King
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by rooivalk
I assume that's the Opera Deluxe?
I think it is a standard Opera King room. The person checking me in said it was an upgrade of two room categories from Park King.

Last edited by Maykita; Mar 7, 2017 at 11:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.