Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
I have an upcoming stay and read the entire thread. I saw some common themes, and thought it would be useful to start a wiki. Please feel free to update or correct anything. I haven't stayed here, so the information is based on the contents of the thread:

- Diamond Suite Upgrades are NOT available at this property.
- Diamond members receive a complimentary full breakfast for up to 4 guests.
- The beds are very firm platform beds. I saw a few posts where a foam pad for the top of the bed was requested.
- Docked cruise ships that may obstruct the view from the Harbour view rooms.
- The hotel is 4 stories.

The concierge desk offers a weekly tour of the Rocks on Saturday.

Link that shows when cruise ships will be docked opposite the hotel:
https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...ruise-schedule

Room Types and Floorplans:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms

Expert Review posted in Luxury Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-reviews/r-wonderful-park-hyatt-sydney-stay-and-city-harbor-view-with-a-few-caveats-1943
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:32 am

deleted

Last edited by ThomasBne; Jun 28, 2019 at 5:28 am Reason: deleted
Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:39 am

deleted

Last edited by ThomasBne; Jun 28, 2019 at 5:28 am Reason: deleted
Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:42 am

deleted

Last edited by ThomasBne; Jun 28, 2019 at 5:29 am Reason: deleted
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:12 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by johnyip
While I don't mean to discount your experience by any means the property experience an extremely high level of attempted corporate rate, especially with corporate guests extended benefits to their family/friends. The bigger the company the bigger the discount the bigger the risk. Trust me, it's not personal.
Trust me, tfung is entitled to the corporate rate that he was using - even more hillarious in a way than if they were questioning Bill Gates about his eligibility to use Microsoft rate.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
This sounds incorrect. I experienced Opera Deluxe rooms on points bookings as a Diamond upgrade, with hotel staff confirming the Diamond upgrade policy on check-in.
+1

We stayed 2 nights on points last week and got the Opera Deluxe King as Diamond member.

And I am finding the PH SYD has better service than the PH Vendome.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 9:35 am

deleted

Last edited by ThomasBne; Jun 28, 2019 at 5:29 am Reason: deleted
Old Jun 30, 2012, 9:19 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I'm not questioning the posters eligibility, my point was the property is a hotspot for attempted fraud hence the differing check-in experience that can occur compared to other properties.
I'm not implying that you were questioning - but it was really hillarious to me when it was first reported - but then that was also pretty close to the property reopening - so perhaps they've smoothen out the procedure.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:18 am

Can all guests use the rooftop pool and jazucci at this hotel? Or do you have to buy a Spa pass or book a certain room?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
Can all guests use the rooftop pool and jazucci at this hotel? Or do you have to buy a Spa pass or book a certain room?
It's open to all guests. Your room key is used to access the door to the pool.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Open to all guests. I once posted about the pool and an FT'er who had stayed there for years said "what pool?"
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:13 pm

Great, thank you!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:10 am

Any experience here how they treat plats? Do they offer any kind of upgrade, free or paid from Harbor King to Opera? Any other benefits besides standard?

Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: Singapore Air, Delta, United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood
Park king or city harbour king

Will be staying on a 9 day reward. Two choices offered are Park King and City Harbour King. What is the difference and which should we choose?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:06 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
A Park King faces Hickson Rd, without doubt choose the City/Harbour King (partial water view). They tried to avoid assigning Park Kings, unless 100%.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: Singapore Air, Delta, United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood
New to Park and to Sydney

My wife and I will do 9 day reward stay at Sydney Park Hyatt. This will be our first visit to Sydney as well as our first stay in a Park Hyatt.

What Diamond Amenities can we expect or request at the hotel and any helpful suggestions about either Sydney and/or the hotel would be appreciated.

Any suggestions about transportation to and from the Airport?

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.