Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
I have an upcoming stay and read the entire thread. I saw some common themes, and thought it would be useful to start a wiki. Please feel free to update or correct anything. I haven't stayed here, so the information is based on the contents of the thread:

- Diamond Suite Upgrades are NOT available at this property.
- Diamond members receive a complimentary full breakfast for up to 4 guests.
- The beds are very firm platform beds. I saw a few posts where a foam pad for the top of the bed was requested.
- Docked cruise ships that may obstruct the view from the Harbour view rooms.
- The hotel is 4 stories.

The concierge desk offers a weekly tour of the Rocks on Saturday.

Link that shows when cruise ships will be docked opposite the hotel:
https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...ruise-schedule

Room Types and Floorplans:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms

Expert Review posted in Luxury Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-reviews/r-wonderful-park-hyatt-sydney-stay-and-city-harbor-view-with-a-few-caveats-1943
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Someone up-thread mentioned reaching out to the concierge team ahead of time to arrange for flowers in the room and they got an opera view room. I did the same thing with a stay earlier this month - my husband's birthday (he's a Hyatt Diamond if that matters) was during the stay, so I arranged to have a cake & champagne sent to the room. Not sure if it made the difference, but we did get an opera view room for the duration of our stay as well (we had booked one night P&C and one night points only).
And of course the cake and champagne were part of the amenities.....
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:54 am

I booked a free night (from the credit card) in mid-May (a Tuesday night). The only room that is available for free nights is their Park King but I'd really like to get an Opera King. Is it likely for a lowly Platinum like me to get an upgrade? Is there anything I can do to get one? I know suites are out of the question but a nice view would be awesome.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:41 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by iloverice
I booked a free night (from the credit card) in mid-May (a Tuesday night). The only room that is available for free nights is their Park King but I'd really like to get an Opera King. Is it likely for a lowly Platinum like me to get an upgrade? Is there anything I can do to get one? I know suites are out of the question but a nice view would be awesome.
You have some status, so I would think it would be likely (unless the property is completely sold out) that you'll get a City / Harbor view room where you can see the Opera house albeit at an angle. Opera King would be unlikely and Opera Deluxe next to impossible.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
You have some status, so I would think it would be likely (unless the property is completely sold out) that you'll get a City / Harbor view room where you can see the Opera house albeit at an angle. Opera King would be unlikely and Opera Deluxe next to impossible.
Awesome! A City/Harbor room would be great too! Hopefully they bump us up
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I LOVED that view, especially being 3 floors up. With that as your view, you are facing straight over the water at the city, including the massive cruise ships coming and going off to one side.

The Opera views do face the opera house. In exchange, everyone in the long wing of the hotel that faces the city turns their heads to the right and looks straight into you, in your room, looking at the opera house.

I would not have traded my room for that.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
They will do anything possible to keep from putting a "free" room in one of the Opera Deluxe rooms.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

At least if you want to have it confirmed before your stay.... lots of stories here that people have gotten one on arrival, and lots that people haven't. It's their choice, so if you want one pay for it.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 6:00 am

The City/Harbor room is much more interesting than staring at the Opera House, which you will see plenty of times simply walking around the area. Lots of activity to view while sitting on your balcony with a glass of wine.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Any recent reports of what the diamond amenity is here?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Any recent reports of what the diamond amenity is here?
A bottle of wine.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by JetAway
A bottle of wine.
That is my experience. Generally it is some kind of low to mid range Australian wine. At check in they asked me if I had a preference for a specific varietal (e.g. Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, etc).

I was given a 2010 Reschke Vitulus Cabernet Sauvignon from Coonawarra last time I took the amenity. ($28 Cellar Door, available for $20 at good bottle shops).

The last couple of stays I have taken the points as I haven't had a use for the wine.

NB - This property seems to provide fresh fruit and chocolates to all rooms regardless of amenity (assume this is for everyone and not just Diamonds?)
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:10 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
is there any advantage to getting this hotel at a C+P rate vs. a full points rate as no DSU can be applied?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
is there any advantage to getting this hotel at a C+P rate vs. a full points rate as no DSU can be applied?
This property doesn't accept DSU's period.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:31 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by yerffej201
This property doesn't accept DSU's period.
correct, I was asking about advantages of C+P vs. full points, I don't think it would make any difference
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

it's all about availabilty, how you value points and if you want stay credit.... just like at all other properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.