Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by escape4
I also had a cockroach in my room during my last stay at Athenee on the 26th floor

Fortunately I did not pay 500 USD for the room though!
I must have been lucky all my stays at MO Bangkok and Erawan. Scary even new build hotels aren't immune from them!

Last edited by Aventine; Oct 27, 2018 at 1:11 am
Old Oct 27, 2018, 2:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Never have I ever had a roach prob at StR or GHE
Old Oct 27, 2018, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by footastic
Never have I ever had a roach prob at StR or GHE
I've never seen a roach at any decent Bangkok hotel. I suspect it's all about having an effective pest control program, since the default would otherwise be roaches everywhere.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by Martellus
Anyone have the concierge e-mail for this hotel? Would like to ask them for assistance in booking restaurants
bkkph.concierge <at> hyatt.com

But they are pretty useless IMHO
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:27 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finishing up my second night here, it's my first stay. So far, it's been mostly fine. They were kind enough to upgrade me to a park executive suite. It's nicely laid out, spacious, and well-kept. Hate to ruin the ongoing narrative but haven't seen a single bug or heard the BTS from my room (although the latter is because my room is on the opposite side of the hotel).

Biggest flaw so far is the concierge staff who don't speak English well, don't appear to have any connections, and get basic facts wrong, like not knowing that BTS has either a day ticket or a prepaid card called Rabbit. Biggest plus is the excellent breakfast, which is included in my rate.

Will report if any of this changes, but so far, I'd be quite happy to stay here again.

Edited to add: When I inquired about a restaurant that locals went to, one of the concierges recommended a Chinese place canned Sun Moon that was very very local feeling -- about 12 tables, in an obscure part of town, downscale looking. The food was great; everything was cooked sanitarily and to order, and it totaled about $8 a person. This redeemed the concierge staff a fair amount in my book.

Also, I am sorry someone had a cockroach in their room at the PH, but I saw no indication at all, anywhere, that something like that is currently happening. Maybe when it first opened and construction was still underway in nearby areas, but definitely not now.
penegal, luvFclass and bhrubin like this.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Dec 25, 2018 at 5:26 am
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by escape4
What is the current situation in terms of the Globalist happy hour?

I would be willing to return and reconsider the value proposition but I am still struggling given that it remains more expensive than StR, SGS, and Athenee.
I didn't see where this question ever got answered...I'm staying there Sat & Sun - will update with current Glob status
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:55 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by rwm818
I didn't see where this question ever got answered...I'm staying there Sat & Sun - will update with current Glob status
Yes please report back. I would like an update about Globalist treatment because as of now I see better options in Bangkok than PH for my purposes.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:35 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't think there was a globalist happy hour. I was given a coupon that offered a free one hour wine tasting in the lobby floor bar but only once during my stay.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
I believe that the "Wine Hour" is one hour of free flow wine in the Embassy Room, with light snacks (e.g. olives and nuts).

When I was last there (Oct 2018), I enjoyed this benefit every day of the stay, except the day which was a national public holiday and no alcohol day (the end of Buddhist lent).

GLOB upgrade was "corner room" due to no suites available on one day. Room was quite sizable (think deluxe room / junior suite) in terms of size.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by penegal
I believe that the "Wine Hour" is one hour of free flow wine in the Embassy Room, with light snacks (e.g. olives and nuts).

When I was last there (Oct 2018), I enjoyed this benefit every day of the stay, except the day which was a national public holiday and no alcohol day (the end of Buddhist lent).

GLOB upgrade was "corner room" due to no suites available on one day. Room was quite sizable (think deluxe room / junior suite) in terms of size.

Our experience matched penegal's. They did hand us a coupon - but we didn't even show it at the Embassy Room. Just told them the room number, and they did honor it each night. The first night we didn't realize it was only for wine. I asked for 2 beers (for my wife & I) and she said "well it's normally just for the wine", but she brought us the beers. And we did use the benefit all 3 days - so it's not just for 1 time.

We also were "upgraded" to a corner room. On checkout the FD Mgr did apologize for not having a suite and said he hoped that next time it would be available for us.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:51 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by penegal
Indeed sizable with sitting area and the bathroom had double vanity sink.Was told all these Globalist corner rooms are facing the Okura Hotel:

penegal likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some stay notes.
Moved from an 18th floor corner room that came with a humid mold smell in the closet and bathroom area.

17th floor suite has very tepid water pressure. SGS and GH Erawan did much better in this regard.
A pity because PH uses the same showerhead as Andaz Tokyo but doesn't have the same water pressure.

Bath towels are quite big and soft.

Happy hour wasn't anything special. Rose sparkling came rather flat.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:03 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
Some stay notes.
Moved from an 18th floor corner room that came with a humid mold smell in the closet and bathroom area.

17th floor suite has very tepid water pressure. SGS and GH Erawan did much better in this regard.
A pity because PH uses the same showerhead as Andaz Tokyo but doesn't have the same water pressure.

Bath towels are quite big and soft.

Happy hour wasn't anything special. Rose sparkling came rather flat.
So would you or anyone else be able to compare the PH vs the StR?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhrubin

So would you or anyone else be able to compare the PH vs the StR?
I think the King of Aircon would be much happier at the StR as a Marriott Ambassador. Service levels at the StR are much higher and you're likely to get a top suite. This is the blandest PH I've ever been at.

I'm just burning a free night cert here.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:40 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
I think the King of Aircon would be much happier at the StR as a Marriott Ambassador. Service levels at the StR are much higher and you're likely to get a top suite. This is the blandest PH I've ever been at.

I'm just burning a free night cert here.
Yikes! I had expected that to be true based on reports here and elsewhere. But your bluntness stuns even me! Thanks for that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.