Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Quite a drop. I see Park Deluxe Suite for 8000 THB next week. That's considerably less than I'm paying for a Grand Suite at SGS.

Wonder if they'll drop to Cat 4.
That’s probably a points upgrade rate, 8000 THB + 6000 points per night?
Old May 15, 2018, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Quite a drop. I see Park Deluxe Suite for 8000 THB next week. That's considerably less than I'm paying for a Grand Suite at SGS.

Wonder if they'll drop to Cat 4.
Look again that must be an error. The lowest rate is a 'Member Rate' of 7,200 for a Standard Room so far. Aside from the great Cocktail Reception at Living Room / Bar Su / Sala when staying at SGS so room rate alone isn't everything.

As far as room sizes go, the '1 King Corner' is almost as big as a regular suite at other hotels.

Are you actually paying for suites? That's probably a mistake if you want to benefit from your status.
Old May 15, 2018, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Central90210
That’s probably a points upgrade rate, 8000 THB + 6000 points per night?
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Look again that must be an error. The lowest rate is a 'Member Rate' of 7,200 for a Standard Room so far.
It was 8000 THB for a Park Deluxe Suite, no points. I did not take a screen shot, but now it's gone, so could well have been a mistake.

Are you actually paying for suites? That's probably a mistake if you want to benefit from your status.
At SGS? Hardly a mistake. It's a very difficult upgrade, especially coming from the Marriott side. Last stay they upgraded me from Grand Suite to one of the theme suites, so I wound up with a 24k THB suite for 10k per night.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
At SGS? Hardly a mistake. It's a very difficult upgrade, especially coming from the Marriott side. Last stay they upgraded me from Grand Suite to one of the theme suites, so I wound up with a 24k THB suite for 10k per night.
Ok maybe I'm just lucky then. Stayed there about 15-20 times and can't remember ever not getting a suite. Last time I had the Raja suite with a huge balcony and tub outside. I always book a Standard Room.
Old May 15, 2018, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Stayed there about 15-20 times and can't remember ever not getting a suite.
Don't think it's luck at this point . . . you're a LT SPG Plat with a lengthy history at the hotel. Based on the property thread, as a Marriott Plat with no history (first stay earlier this year), my upgrade odds would be slim.

Sorry all for derailing the PH Bangkok thread.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't think it's luck at this point . . . you're a LT SPG Plat with a lengthy history at the hotel. Based on the property thread, as a Marriott Plat with no history (first stay earlier this year), my upgrade odds would be slim.

Sorry all for derailing the PH Bangkok thread.
Just LT Gold, current Platinum level. Not sure how much that comes into play though when it's coming to the upgrade trough.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:56 am

Going through the rooms at this hotel on its webpage it seems that there are no twin beds?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Going through the rooms at this hotel on its webpage it seems that there are no twin beds?
We just finished a 6 night run here last week. All I have to say is Ms Nina the FDM for Client Relations and the rest of the PH BKK team are amazing. Their Thai Smiles warmth comes thru with every interaction on the property from breakfast, room service, housekeeping, in house dining, everyone we came across. By far the most "genuine" experience we have experienced in an Asian PH property .

Thank you is all I can say.

LFC

PS: We are upgraded to the Executive KING Suite facing British Embassy on 20th floor.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:50 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
there are, maybe not for the dates you were searching?

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/th...ok/bkkph/rooms

Last edited by 59Impala; Aug 25, 2018 at 10:53 pm Reason: added pic
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

They also rearrange furniture for Twin suites.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
What is the current situation in terms of the Globalist happy hour?

I would be willing to return and reconsider the value proposition but I am still struggling given that it remains more expensive than StR, SGS, and Athenee.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
there are, maybe not for the dates you were searching?

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/th...ok/bkkph/rooms

Thank you very much.

Could I ask what room type the photo portrays?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:43 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Today, the TPG website published a negative review of this property essentially decrying 2 minor service issues that were rectified. The readers' response was overwhelmingly negative to the writer and his complaints, especially this one:

David Sweatman3 hours ago

Having worked at a 5 star hotel in BKK, I've seen your type many times. You turn one issue into a giant disaster and whine about until you get something for free, which is your ultimate objective.
While you go home to write your pathetic review, the workers are traumatized and some might even lose their job. No big deal for you, of course.
The average "upscale" hotel employee in BKK earns a few dollars per day, even though many (even housekeeping staff) have attended hotel college and studied English for years. Don't fool yourself by thinking their meager salary is offset by the cost of living, it is EXPENSIVE to live in Bangkok!
The traffic in Bangkok is so bad that the average line employee will leave their home at 5AM to start work by 9, and they might not see their family until 9PM that night. But, scoring a job at a prestigious hotel has its benefits; free meals, uniforms, health insurance, and the promise of career advancement.
Until a predator like you comes along. Your bed wasn't made by 2PM, really? You went on your temper tantrum over that? Are you so filthy you couldn't nap in your own mess? You let a minor issue ruin a fantastic experience! Have you considered therapy or anger management?
I'm not surprised your bed wasn't made by 2PM, that's not unusual. Just because you hung a sign on your door the staff should swarm over your room? Get over yourself!
My job in BKK was HR related and I can assure you that your review, your complaints, your tantrums, and the picture of you behind the bar will cost some poor soul their job, and many others will be traumatized. But, you got your free night, right?
Check out the review & be the judge:

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/park-hyatt-bangkok/
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I think 9:30 to 2pm with the make up room light was more than enough time for them to make it up. It's not like he just clicked it on for 15 mins and expected it done in a jiffy. Seems housekeeping was lax and not doing their job properly. Having to badger housekeeping (via F&B manager?!) to make up the bed just makes it even worse. Shows this property still has ways to go.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:30 pm

The service at PHBKK sucks. The author is a whiny b**ch, who severely lacks skill in the written word. Both of these things can be true at the same time.
Kacee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.