Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Read my post. I had a map of "Central Embassy" on my phone and a pic of the building. And the "Mall" is probably not open at 1 AM along with minimal signage for the PH. Really.

Originally Posted by RTW1
So now the fact that the unedcated lot that calls themselves taxi drivers in BKK don't know the location of an obscure new hotel is someone elses problem? Did it occur to you to simply direct them to the Central Embassy mall?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
1. They did not misunderstand me - they were very specific that the A/C is reduced to 20 at night for all guest rooms - no exception and it cannot be overridden. Most Thais are fine with 20 or even 21 - and this is a hotel which markets very wealthy Thais and other Asians - I don't think they are marketing to most of the people here on FT. This has become very obvious.

2. Staff run to help the Thais and are not as quick (still quick, but not the same) for Westerners.

3. Had the steak sandwich at THB540 and did not eat most of it - they garnish was not good.

4. Had the Thai green curry - not many pieces of chicken, very bland.

5. Took almost 45 minutes for them to secure a taxi for me - they claimed taxis did not want to take the fare - when I suggested I could get one on the street myself, they warned me against it. Took an uber instead. Not hotels fault - but staff did not keep me informed of the delay until I asked.

6. Housekeeping failed to empty garbage cans in room, and minibar has not been replenished since I arrived.

7. TV keeps shutting down, likely signal problems, internet at times very slow (but it is free).

At this point, I am very biased against the hotel - so would be good to have others - who actually have stayed here weigh in or provide feedback when they stay

Maybe things will improve.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Wow. The comments are tracking in sync. They may think they market to wealthy Thais and Asians but 80% of the guests I saw while standing in the lobby talking were non Asians. Disappoint a few Asians and it gets on social media. You are done.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
You're not biased when you actually experience the place and have a crappy stay. I was also looking forward to a new PH as I like contemporary design and I like shopping so this PH could have been a good option.

I'm Asian and they still didn't cater to me I told the clerk when I checked out that the Peninsula was a better hotel and I didn't think I would return when I visited BKK again.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by Aventine
I'm guessing the hallways are hell to walk through considering no AC and no blinds. PH Seoul and Busan don't air condition their hallways and they can be stifling to go through.
My room was close to the elevator. The hallways here are nowhere as nice as PH Seoul or Busan hallways... They have architectural merit. The hallways here have cheap sheers covering the windows...
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:32 pm

All these reports are making me very concerned about my upcoming stay in September at the hotel. I am attending a conference there and hope that they'll have their act together! I usually stay at the Grand Hyatt and sounds like I'll have to go back there next time.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:26 pm

Reading some TA reviews, it looks like there is also some plumbing issue (water pressure, noise and bad smell) in addition to the air-conditioning situation. I'll give them some time to sort this out and try staying next year.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:47 pm

At times there is a slight smell and I can hear noise from above. There is a light that flickers in the bathroom area. As noted there also seems to be a issue with something maybe wiring going on with tvs.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:49 pm

It's interesting to me. I don't see any legacy staff which may have seen this property as a opportunity and come over from GH BKK.

Originally Posted by britinva79
All these reports are making me very concerned about my upcoming stay in September at the hotel. I am attending a conference there and hope that they'll have their act together! I usually stay at the Grand Hyatt and sounds like I'll have to go back there next time.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:44 pm

I'm so glad they added a prepay requirement to the opening rates, which stopped me from booking this property.

Thanks for all the onsite reviews.

20C isn't bad if it's accurate (though I can understand if it's not acceptable to some people), could it be that the sensors to detect occupancy are tripping too quickly? I've had them in some properties before and it's really annoying when they decide the room isn't occupied in the middle of the night. Anyway, getting room sensors working correctly is something that often comes up during initial/soft opening periods.

-David
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:21 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Reading some TA reviews, it looks like there is also some plumbing issue (water pressure, noise and bad smell) in addition to the air-conditioning situation. I'll give them some time to sort this out and try staying next year.
Sewerage smell is not what I would expect at a PH.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Sewerage smell is not what I would expect at a PH.
I think this PH put all the money into design and cut corners in certain places.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:37 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Aventine
I think this PH put all the money into design and cut corners in certain places.
I just made two reservations at the St Regis for our same dates. I'll cancel the PH if these reports continue until our stay.

How do we alert WOH Concierge to this thread?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:45 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Restaurant and bar on top floors not open for another two months.
According to Facebook, Penthouse Bar and Grill is now open

Last edited by m0hamed; Jul 4, 2017 at 1:52 am
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:45 pm

Told by staff member upon arrival they were not open yet. But the hotel venues dining guide does say they are open and conflicts with his comments. Maybe it is.

The room aka corner room is pretty nice. There is still street noise but high quality. There is a slider for privacy from entry / bathroom to sleeping / living room area. The Conrad Tokyo might just call it a junior suite.

Uber was efficient going back. May try it again but will wait for your guys/gals comments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.