Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I booked here for 20k points per night but the GH is only 8k per night. Cash rates are generally low at the moment but I’ve got points to burn. I’m Globalist and have already been blocked into a suite at PH. I also value a nice breakfast and a jacuzzi area for relaxing. Would you spend the points at PH or go to GH and save the points for another time?
I haven't been to this PH in years but I don't remember them having an outdoor jacuzzi area by the pool. The indoor spa area at GH Erawan is quite nice.
yorkboy24 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I have returned to PH earlier this month (and to Waldorf Astoria too) and I thought I should refresh my previous comments in a couple of aspects.

First the breakfast in the room is no longer possible for Globalists - it's back to restaurant only. I was not aware so on day #1 I ordered in the room and questioned the itemized bill. They apologized for the misunderstanding / lack of communication, told me they would provide in the room for the rest of my stay but to be aware that for next stay it will be in the restaurant.

Last time I booked park exec suite (3rd category of suites) and was upgraded +1 to diplomat suite; I commented that it seemed to be a lot to pay to end up in this room type considering that at WA I sometimes get an upgrade to Astoria Suite all the way up from basic room. Well the entire scenario has been swapped now. At WA on my latest stay I booked a corner suite and I did not even get +1 upgrade to Astoria suite despite having availability. Then a few days later at PH I had booked the basic room, the first three suite types were not available online (so I expected an upgrade to a non-suite), and yet I was upgraded to park exec suite, even jumping above the standard suites!?

WA remains a notch above PH in a number of metrics. However suite upgrades are possibly one of the most important perks of loyalty programs to me (more so than the fantastic breakfast at WA) and it looks like WA has taken the stance that upgrades will no longer be possible beyond the first category of suites (which is more like a junior suite) even for returning Diamond guests, while PH just gave me my greatest upgrade ever despite the suites being unavailable online. Go figure.

It will invariably lead to a tick up in my PH stays and less frequent stays at WA.
francophile and Kacee like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:21 am

Pictures of the Park Exec Suite

Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
@escape4 thanks for all the recent reviews and all on properties that I am considering. I will say that the suite posted above does not really look that much better to me than the "Jr. Suite" or whatever they call it at the WA. I am not someone that really cares about a suite upgrade as it is usually just the wife and me and honestly just me as she deserts me to hang out with friends most of the time. I was impressed with the PH service that I got on my non-stay visits so I was considering staying there next trip but the HR cheap rates are calling my name also. It doesn't have the wow factor of the PH for sure though. Thanks again. Your reviews are helpful.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
@escape4 I will say that the suite posted above does not really look that much better to me than the "Jr. Suite" or whatever they call it at the WA.
I am glad you found my comments useful. Regarding Park Exec Suite at PH vs Deluxe Suite at WA, first of all the one at PH is far more spacious, there is a proper separation between the bedroom and living room which some people prefer, and there is 1.5 bath at PH but only one toilet in the Deluxe Suite at WA. Regarding the "look" then for sure I prefer the design of most rooms at WA, the quality of the hardware, and the tech features too.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by escape4
I am glad you found my comments useful. Regarding Park Exec Suite at PH vs Deluxe Suite at WA, first of all the one at PH is far more spacious, there is a proper separation between the bedroom and living room which some people prefer, and there is 1.5 bath at PH but only one toilet in the Deluxe Suite at WA. Regarding the "look" then for sure I prefer the design of most rooms at WA, the quality of the hardware, and the tech features too.
Good point on the bathrooms. That is probably something we personally care about more than the separation that most people prefer in a suite. That is the one thing that we wished was in the Deluxe Suite at WA.
Old May 16, 2022, 1:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
booked myself two nights at the anniversary rate for later this month, wondering whether it is worth using SUA here as a glob?
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by xmzzn123
booked myself two nights at the anniversary rate for later this month, wondering whether it is worth using SUA here as a glob?
How did you make out? Will be on my first stay in Feb 2023.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:56 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The hotel currently upgrades Globalists to Executive Suites (third tier suites) when available. These have radically different designs. All spacious (100sqm and up), but some horribly laid out vs. some which are gorgeous.

I really wasn't a fan of the hotel when it first opened, but it's probably the most improved hotel I've ever been to. The sewer smell is gone, service standards are far higher and it's got the best location in Bangkok. I just wish their F&B venues were a bit better.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:17 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Guest policy

Anyone know what the PH guest policy is? Assuming i have a suite to myself can I bring a guest back for the night?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:28 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I really wasn't a fan of the hotel when it first opened, but it's probably the most improved hotel I've ever been to. The sewer smell is gone, service standards are far higher and it's got the best location in Bangkok. I just wish their F&B venues were a bit better.
This is very interesting. I wrote the property off after our first stay shortly after opening. We checked out after one night and returned to the StR where we are always treated well.

I will give the PH another chance after your statement.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bison1847
Anyone know what the PH guest policy is? Assuming i have a suite to myself can I bring a guest back for the night?

Official policy is probably no unregistered guests but unofficial policy is "don't ask, don't tell". Just book for 2 and should be fine.
kevino likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The hotel now has a new GM, Marc DeLeeuwerk who was previously at PH Kyoto, PH Tokyo and GH Bangkok. A new F&B Director is also on site.

From what I experience during my current stay, the hotel still has a problem with retaining staff as the constant flow of new employees continues, an issue the hotel suffered from since the beginning. People just don’t like to work here. Maybe the new management can turn that around.

Service is still lacking in many departments.
Sydneyberlin likes this.

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Aug 31, 2022 at 5:42 am
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bison1847
Book for two pax and register your guest. A safety precaution one should always follow, depending on who your guest is.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:13 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
At the PH specifically you will need to walk with your guest in between two desks for reception and the elevators, so it’s not a hotel I would pick if I was expecting unexpected company.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.