Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by escape4
Not disagreeing here... same for some of the Ikea look-alike furniture - somewhat odd choice.
It fits with the reports of poor construction quality as well.

So incongruous in a relatively low cost city, especially when you compare with a property like PH Zurich, where everything is top quality, despite the sky-high costs in Switzerland.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The cheap light colored plywood night stand doesn't hold up well either. Was all scratched up in the corner room I saw.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
After reading this thread, I had mixed expectations checking in here on Saturday. True to be told, I had an amazing experience. I am globalist and I booked with Hyatt Prive, just one night at the lower room level. I also reserved a pick-up from BKK with their BMW7. Upon arrival there were two guys greeting us and taking us to the upgraded park executive suite for check in. I really liked the size and the decor of the suite, the only negative like others noted is the vinyl parquet. They asked me if I needed late check-out, actuality I asked if they could extend to 5:30 pm, which they did.
Breakfast at the Embassy Room was amazing, quality, variety and presentation. All staff was super friendly and willing to help. Really a faultless experience. My only other experience in Bangkok was at the Mandarin Oriental, and I found the level of service to be comparable. I would return in a heartbeat
G-CIVC and luvFclass like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by afmiami
After reading this thread, I had mixed expectations checking in here on Saturday. True to be told, I had an amazing experience. I am globalist and I booked with Hyatt Prive, just one night at the lower room level. I also reserved a pick-up from BKK with their BMW7. Upon arrival there were two guys greeting us and taking us to the upgraded park executive suite for check in. I really liked the size and the decor of the suite, the only negative like others noted is the vinyl parquet. They asked me if I needed late check-out, actuality I asked if they could extend to 5:30 pm, which they did.
Breakfast at the Embassy Room was amazing, quality, variety and presentation. All staff was super friendly and willing to help. Really a faultless experience. My only other experience in Bangkok was at the Mandarin Oriental, and I found the level of service to be comparable. I would return in a heartbeat
I frequently go to PH BKK for breakfast and afternoon tea so yes, the F&B there is really good.

As Globalist, what's your benefit of booking through Prive? You'd get upgrade and breakfast either way.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:03 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Early check in and $100USD credit.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by afmiami
Upon arrival there were two guys greeting us and taking us to the upgraded park executive suite for check in. I really liked the size and the decor of the suite
I also love this hotel and have nothing but exceptional stays and have many stays under my belt here. I will say I prefer the Park Deluxe suite more then the executive even though its a category down. The executive suite is HUGE and I love the oversize bed, but Ive been put in one twice and I found the views lacking and the window situation in the living room was almost non existant. I realize not all rooms are the same and some exec suites may be different, but for me the floor to ceiling windows everywhere in the park deluxe made it a better room. Perhaps your exec suite was different.

Ive got 6 stays there coming in the next 2 months and am booked into the park deluxe for all of them, hoping to get upgraded to a specialty suite at least once to check it out, but will probably decline an upgrade to exec suite.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by jinrop
The executive suite is HUGE and I love the oversize bed, but Ive been put in one twice and I found the views lacking and the window situation in the living room was almost non existant. I realize not all rooms are the same and some exec suites may be different, but for me the floor to ceiling windows everywhere in the park deluxe made it a better room. Perhaps your exec suite was different.

Ive got 6 stays there coming in the next 2 months and am booked into the park deluxe for all of them, hoping to get upgraded to a specialty suite at least once to check it out, but will probably decline an upgrade to exec suite.
For what it's worth, the last executive suite I was in had the floor to ceiling windows, and views out of all the windows were looking north / north-west (see below). I'm not sure if this is your preferred view - I sorta prefer the view looking south - but don't decline before taking a peek, you may love some of the other executive suites!

Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I frequently go to PH BKK for breakfast and afternoon tea so yes, the F&B there is really good.

As Globalist, what's your benefit of booking through Prive? You'd get upgrade and breakfast either way.
Mainly, the $100 credit, that can be applied to the limo transfer.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:53 am

I also love this hotel and have nothing but exceptional stays and have many stays under my belt here. I will say I prefer the Park Deluxe suite more then the executive even though its a category down. The executive suite is HUGE and I love the oversize bed, but Ive been put in one twice and I found the views lacking and the window situation in the living room was almost non existant. I realize not all rooms are the same and some exec suites may be different, but for me the floor to ceiling windows everywhere in the park deluxe made it a better room. Perhaps your exec suite was different.

I had huge floor to ceiling windows in the living - dining room too, View over the embassy garden was more than ok. Unfortunately they just started construction of a new tower that most likely will obstruct part of that view
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by jxwo
For what it's worth, the last executive suite I was in had the floor to ceiling windows, and views out of all the windows were looking north / north-west (see below). I'm not sure if this is your preferred view - I sorta prefer the view looking south - but don't decline before taking a peek, you may love some of the other executive suites!
You're right. I checked in today and was upgraded from a basic room a an exec suite. It's a MUCH better room than the last exec suite I was put into. I actually hated the last room, but this one is laid out much better and has much better windows. The windown in the living room in the other exec suite I was in were MAYBE 3 feet tall, and there was a completely worthless dining room that really served no purpose and broke the flow of the already strange room.

The room I was put into today is EXCELLENT.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:21 am

Finishing up about 30 days worth of on and off stays here and heading home. I LOVE this hotel and it has become like a second home to me. Yes the hard product at the waldorf may be more luxurious but the soft product at the park hyatt has been exceptional and the staff has REALLY taken care of me. My stays last year were good, but there has been a lot of improvement service wise and this year my stay has been phenomenal. Most of my stay was in a park deluxe suite, upgraded to exec suites a couple of times, and upgraded to the ambassador suite for the last 3 day stay which is simply an AMAZING room, I cant imagine what the penthouse must be like.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
You're still completely wrong.

People don't return to SGS for the happy hour. We return because of how well we are treated.
I disagree entirely. While suite upgrades have been at times sparse over the years almost everyone I know stays at SGS for their very solid Happy Hour at the three outlets and the very good breakfast.

This whole "I'm being treated well" mantra is a myth. If you're an elite member you're always "treated well" in terms of receiving hard benefits. I don't need feel good lip service. YMMV
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Finishing up about 30 days worth of on and off stays here and heading home. I LOVE this hotel and it has become like a second home to me. Yes the hard product at the waldorf may be more luxurious but the soft product at the park hyatt has been exceptional and the staff has REALLY taken care of me. My stays last year were good, but there has been a lot of improvement service wise and this year my stay has been phenomenal. Most of my stay was in a park deluxe suite, upgraded to exec suites a couple of times, and upgraded to the ambassador suite for the last 3 day stay which is simply an AMAZING room, I cant imagine what the penthouse must be like.
That's great to hear! I would like to try the ambassador suite some day, unfortunately I spread my stays around too much to be a regular at any individual property however so my upgrades are often good but not fantastic like yours ^ That said it's nice to see how they treat repeat customers
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I have a question about GH vs PH. We've been to Bangkok many many times, always stayed in either the GH or one of the SPG places in the vicinity. We know have 3 kids and are heading back through Bangkok for three days over Christmas. When I had initially booked many months ago, the PH had no availability at all (which seemed odd) and I snagged 2 rooms at the GH under my ridiculously low corporate rate. I've since been going back and running new searches for all the Hyatt properties on this trip and have had a few drop significantly. So I re did my Bangkok search and now there is availability at the PH. The PH room rate is 2x the GH even with my corp discount at the PH, but I have points and a few free night certs and so could do one room paid and one awards/certs and hit a similar overall cost as at the GH.

I have kids (6/9/10) and they and my wife like to spend some time at the pool, so that is a important criteria. I know the GH pool and it does the trick. It's hard to gauge the PH pool size, anyone have insight into whether it is a challenge to find chairs to sit, does the place get crowded? My wife loves the poshness of PH's, so I am inclined to head here, but am curious about experiences at the pool if anyone can share.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:45 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I stayed at this PH, there were always lots of available seating at the pool. It seemed to be hardly ever used. It's an outdoor infinity pool adjacent to the main dining room which means on the 9th floor, I think. It's not huge but should work well for kids if they don't have agoraphobia!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.