Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place San Jose Downtown - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Place San Jose Downtown - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by austin_modern
only place I can think of thats worse in the hyatt bay area network is Fremont.
HP Fremont isn't a Park Hyatt, but I always found it very acceptable when I was staying at HPs more during the Gold Passport era.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Heard from a coworker that this property is demolishing their parking structure which was already charging quite a pretty penny for self parking. Valet is $42 a night
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by JackE
HP Fremont isn't a Park Hyatt, but I always found it very acceptable when I was staying at HPs more during the Gold Passport era.

I have to agree with austin_modern on this.

It's not the thread to go into details about HP Fremont, but it's on my "never again" list. It's the old Amerisuites design.

-David
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Stayed here during WWDC (Apples conference). Cash rates were an eye watering $900, parking $40+. Never have I seen a better use for a Cat 1-4 free night award. Parking was free on the award. The place is utterly sad. Clearly under no stress to improve due to its captive audience of conference goers, but youd think they would be motivated to overhaul it given the massive F&B spend you see at the Fairmont and the Marriott.

I was so relieved to spend the rest of the week at the new(?) Hyatt House near Apples new campus. It was a 10 minute drive away but it was exceptionally nice.
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:09 pm

There's now 2 HPs in San Jose, California.

This thread is for the Hyatt Place San Jose Downtown, the older of the 2 properties.

The other newer one, which opened recently is Hyatt Place San Jose Airport.
Hyatt Place San Jose Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

-David
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
This thread is for the Hyatt Place San Jose Downtown, the older of the 2 properties.
That's the one that should say "STAY AWAY" right in the thread title.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.