Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place (IAD) Herndon/Dulles Airport - East

Old Feb 13, 12, 9:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Here is the link:

http://dullesairporteast.place.hyatt.../hotels/place/

It says that they have an airport shuttle. I'm just wondering if one can park there while away, and if they have a charge for that.

?

Also any other comments from those who may have stayed there would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 12, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC gold, M&M FQTV
I think they have park and fly rates but that would be shown on their website.

From the hotel the shuttle goes every 1/2 hour at approximately 00 and 30. I think they share the shuttle with the Sheraton next door (my trip to the airport was in the Sheraton van). From the airport you have to call. As I understand it, there are no regular pick ups and the website is unclear about this. But after waiting over half an hour I was told by other Hyatt van drivers that one needs to call. (I didn't have a US cell phone with me and didn't know I needed to call).

Staff are helpful and friendly. Noisy a/c (Amana units) with control on the wall by the door. Shower only (no tub) in the room I was in. Breakfast is still without the hot item (but that won't be in all hotels until later this spring--just means that this hotel isn't part of the trial program). No restaurants immediately around the hotel but malls fairly close by (if you have a car) or a small variety of restaurants that will deliver.
Old Sep 2, 12, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I see that this is a bit old but others may have a similar idea. Park close for free and take the shuttle to Dulles. It works but has become more of a pain lately. There is a lot of construction next door to the Hyatt - a parking garage no less - and that has removed much of the nearby street parking. The parking lots for the Hyatt Place and the Sheraton next door are connected so maybe parking in the middle of the 2? One other issue is the return shuttle. It always seems to be a real pain to find it. Using the Hyatt Dulles shuttle and walking might be a better option since it runs much more often than the Hyatt Place/Sheraton shuttle. Maybe even parking at the Hyatt Dulles instead?

Cheers
Old Sep 3, 12, 12:41 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Quite a lot of staff seem to be on the Hyatt Dulles shuttle doing the same thing - I think there is free parking near that property for sure and their shuttle is pretty frequent.
Old Sep 7, 12, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, WN A-, AA LT Gold, IHG S/KIC, NCR EC
I stayed at both this property and the Hyatt Dulles over the weekend so I could get an extra stay credit. I didn't see a van for the HP, but the Sheraton is so close there's no reason not to use theirs and tip the driver.

On the weekends, the Hyatt Dulles is only about $5 more expensive, which for a Diamond is easily made up for with extra points and free breakfast, not to mention a more pleasant room. But it's tough to beat the pair of properties for those trying to rack up stay credits.
Old Jun 7, 14, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Thought I'd post about stays rather than parking. I've had a ton of stays the last few years at this Hyatt Place but last night was probably my last.

A bus loads of children doesn't mean that the spilled/crushed chips in the elevators lobbies shouldn't be left all day and night. Let alone whatever was making that stink in one of the elevators (smelled like rotten diapers but was probably dog urine). All of the above were not deal breakers, it was a tough night, but the service was the worst so far for me at a Hyatt. (two bad Hyatt nights in total but both in the last year or so ) I don't think I've had a desk agent treat me so poorly since I jumped into this travel game many moons ago. Corporate has already reached out with service recovery (points) and the last supervisor I spoke to was the consummate professional, but that doesn't wash away the bad taste I have for this hotel. 30+ nights of loyalty at this hotel wasted because of some nitwit at the front desk

/rant off

Cheers -

Search this Thread
Search Engine: