Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skj
I'm making this thread a wiki since there are issues that keep getting repeated (breakfast and transportation from/to CDG). Feel free to add whatever you feel is important - stick to facts of please and not one off exceptions (eg if you get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on an award stay without any status - that's definitely a one off that doesn't belong in the WIKI - obviously you can do a regular post on it).

Public transport to the hotel from CDG

The best option is to take the Roissy bus to Opera. From there, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

The next best option is to take RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles. All trains from Roissy/CDG head south into Paris so no worries there. Some go express all the way into Paris (Gare du Nord, so Chatelet-Les Halles is the second stop); others are locals, in which case there are a lot of stops; some are half-express, half-local ... but all stop at Chatelet-Les Halles; and there is no point waiting for an express because it is rare if ever that an express will overtake a local. So get on whatever comes first. At Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A for one stop to Auber (which is joined to Opera station). You will be heading westbound, toward the termini St. Germain-en-Laye/Poissy/Cergny. You have to go up the stairs and back down for the Auber-bound train. Do not race across the platform for the RER B because that will be heading eastbound, to Gare de Lyon, Nation, Vincennes (and, depending on which one you get on, eventually Eurodisney!) The walk from the Auber exit closest to the RER stop takes about 10 minutes.

Public transport to the hotel from Orly

Take the Orlyval train to its end at Antony, then switch to RER B to Chatelet-Les-Halles and continue as above. In this case you can just cross the platform from the RER B to get the RER A headed to Auber.

Breakfast

The breakfast at Cafe Jeanne is free for Globalist members but is 40-50 euros per person otherwise. A modified but still very good version of this buffet breakfast is also available in the room and is also free for Globalists. Tips are not covered but then again the theory in France is that the service charge is in the price.

Museum tickets & pass from the concierge

You can buy "skip the line" tickets to the Louvre or Orsay for 18€ each, which is higher than the regular tickets via the Louvre & Orsay websites. But being able to "skip the line" obviously adds some value. They will also sell you the two day Paris Museum Pass for 55€. That is a 7€ markup.

Phone/data recommendations:
Lebara worked really well for me. What you need to do:
• You must unlock your phone (you can do this for free online with ATT through their website if you are out of contract)
• Order free SIM card at Lebara.fr a few weeks before your trip. I don’t think it took more than 2 weeks for my SIM card to arrive
• Activate SIM card at https://www.lebara.fr/activate-sim-detail?isoCode=en_GB or search “activate SIM” at Lebara.fr
• Load your SIM card with what you need. I paid 10 euro for 3G of data, unlimited SMS and local calls for 10 days (this should be plenty for most tourists)
LeFrench Mobile did not work so well for me: I paid 20-30 euro for local and international calls for my sister but was only able to make local calls and SMS

restaurant recommendations:
Nearby:
(We're here on 1 Oct 2021 and it appears this restaurant is closed permanently ...) Le Cap Bourbon- good, inexpensive, our server was nice and attentive (by French standards), great local crowd, menu has English translation
We ate a local Thai restaurant - Yo - its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and very busy. I had a guinea fowl green curry - a first for me. Very good food and friendly service.

Other:
L'Avant Comptoir is a wine bar with great,relatively cheap eats and a great atmosphere and friendly, English-speaking staff. Standing room only and tight.

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by iridium
Have a 3 night stay coming up in June and can't decide whether to stay at the Hyatt Paris Madeleine or Park Vendome. It will be an award stay and only room available on award at Vendome is 2 Twins room, which is the smallest room they have available. At Madeliene, they have the Queen room available. So should I stay at the Madeleine or go with Park Vendome and stay in the 2 Twin room.
Those small rooms are really small. I've been lucky enough not to stay in one, but went to friends room to pick them up for dinner downstairs and it was tiny. I haven't stayed at the Madeleine.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Have a 3 night stay coming up in June and can't decide whether to stay at the Hyatt Paris Madeleine or Park Vendome. It will be an award stay and only room available on award at Vendome is 2 Twins room, which is the smallest room they have available. At Madeliene, they have the Queen room available. So should I stay at the Madeleine or go with Park Vendome and stay in the 2 Twin room.
On a recent Park Vendome stay we had two rooms, one a Standard Award Queen room. As the room was for our two children, we were told that the queen could be converted to two twins. This conversion was done at check-in with no problems. I would hope they would be happy to do the opposite for you....by converting the twins to a queen at check-in. I would call or email the hotel directly to get confirmation.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Madeline
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I would stay the Park Hyatt Vendome

In fact, I will be there at the end of May
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Those small rooms are really small. I've been lucky enough not to stay in one, but went to friends room to pick them up for dinner downstairs and it was tiny. I haven't stayed at the Madeleine.
even looking at the pictures the room looks really tiny .. like it wont even have space to walk around the bed. The Madeleine rooms are atleast bigger.

I would imagine its not worth staying at this property in the 2 twin room, when a bigger room is available at Madeleine for less.

I inderstand this being an aspirational property n all .. rooms should be decent sized as well.
Originally Posted by sapguy
I would stay the Park Hyatt Vendome

In fact, I will be there at the end of May
And would you be staying in a 2 twin room? That room seems to be really tiny.

I will keep checking everyday and see if another room type opens up and hopefully get a queen room .. availability looks scarce for the days I am going to be there.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by BOSOGG
On a recent Park Vendome stay we had two rooms, one a Standard Award Queen room. As the room was for our two children, we were told that the queen could be converted to two twins. This conversion was done at check-in with no problems. I would hope they would be happy to do the opposite for you....by converting the twins to a queen at check-in. I would call or email the hotel directly to get confirmation.
The standard award queen room is the same size as the standard award 2 twin room. I checked with the hotel and they told me there is no availability for standard queen rooms for the duration of my stay. How was the standard award queen room you stayed in?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
Park Hyatt - 2 Twin Beds: 26-30 sq m of space
Hyatt Paris Madeleine - 1 Queen Bed: 193-236 sq ft room

If you'll be in a base award room in either hotel then I don't really see a reason to choose the Madeleine.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
The standard award queen room is the same size as the standard award 2 twin room. I checked with the hotel and they told me there is no availability for standard queen rooms for the duration of my stay. How was the standard award queen room you stayed in?
The standard queen (converted at check-in to 2 twins) was fine. Sufficient room for 2 and with a very nice bath.
If you have Hyatt points to burn and it's a special trip, consider that you can upgrade to a Park King Suite for an additional 18,000 points (48,000 points total/night)
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:01 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find even the second level suites at the PHV to be small although the bathroom is of good size. They do have a goodly number of larger suites but upgrades to those are becoming quite rare, at least for me.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:21 pm

Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone has had experience with cash + points for a suite at the PHV, how high level a suite were you guys able to get? And what was the cost break down?
I can email the property, but just wanted to see what the prices people have been offered before to serve as a basis for comparison

Thank you
Old May 10, 2018, 2:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
As the property is always so busy you will probably get lowest level suite. That's what we got last month. Perfectly adequate.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
PHV! Definitely.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by aqwayne
Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone has had experience with cash + points for a suite at the PHV, how high level a suite were you guys able to get? And what was the cost break down?
I can email the property, but just wanted to see what the prices people have been offered before to serve as a basis for comparison

Thank you
I got a decent suite with two full bathrooms for 60 E PD well worth it
Old May 10, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Some updates on room types: PHV is now selling the Diplomat Suite as a 1 bedroom suite (used to be 2 bedrooms) at a lower rate. The newly added Prestige Suite is very similar to the Diplomat Suite (you have a larger living room with two sofas) but this suite is facing Rue de la Paix instead of the courtyard (which I like better).

OMAT reviewed the Prestige Suite recently and I have stayed in one during my last stay as well: https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....-paris-review/

If you are a Globalist, they usually entertain upgrades to higher suites by paying the rack rate difference: you could book a standard room using points, use a suite upgrade voucher to secure a entry level suite and then pay to guarantee a higher level suite.
Old May 10, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks! Any idea of what the surcharge might be from entry level suite (which I think is the jr suite room in the attic with dormer windows) to the real one bedroom suite?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.