FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1307256-park-hyatt-paris-vendome-review-master-thread-aug-2011-onward.html)

crimson12 Jul 31, 2012 2:00 pm

Checking "Honeymoon Couple" gets you a bottle of champagne. Billecart-Salmon Brut, IIRC.

FAllWay Aug 3, 2012 6:55 pm

Park hyatt vendome breakfast

I remember seeing someone stating that one staying at this hotel should try a certain dish during breakfast. Anyone know what Im talking about? I cant find it.

ABG Aug 3, 2012 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by charms81 (Post 19017581)
[SIZE=1]
On another note, I've already considered adding the package which includes a champagne, chocolates and flowers, so is 'honeymoon' something different?

Paid stay in a suite I would say hotel could be generous and save you the "problem" of ordering chocolates and flowers. If you are on points, i don't see an HY status in your profile, so you'd probably be best to order it. YMMV if you know someone at the hotel, speak great french etc etc

crystak Aug 4, 2012 4:00 am

Do you mean the Kouig Amann? Sorry for the spelling, it's probably wrong but you can look it up.

FAllWay Aug 4, 2012 4:34 am

I think it was some sort of egg on top of something

Preacher7 Aug 4, 2012 5:35 am

If wikipedia's right, it looks like it's spelled: Kouign-amann. Hey crystak, you were close!

Here's a link for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kouign-amann

When you're a dessert, and you make wikipedia, you're doing something right!

Goodmorning2U Aug 4, 2012 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Bloodshot2k (Post 19057626)
I think it was some sort of egg on top of something

I think you may be referencing the eggs benedict. Its delicious.

broadwayboy Aug 4, 2012 3:15 pm

The perfect PH PV breakfast for me is the fresh squeezed orange juice, hot chocolate, fruit plate, scrambled eggs with crispy bacon on the side, 2 pieces of Kouign-Amann and one piece of the pain-perdu (French Toast). Yummm....

OsakaWino Aug 5, 2012 12:46 am

Is it true that the complimentary breakfast for Diamonds is also available through room service at the PH Vendome?

Andaz5 Aug 5, 2012 1:20 am

Spent 10 days there last May.... told them it was a special get away with the wife, they sent up a bottle of 1998 Billecart-Salmon "Le Clos Saint-Hilaire" Brut Blanc de Noirs Champagne.... was awesome.

Originally Posted by crimson12 (Post 19035186)
Checking "Honeymoon Couple" gets you a bottle of champagne. Billecart-Salmon Brut, IIRC.

broadwayboy Aug 5, 2012 5:42 am

YES.

Originally Posted by OsakaWino (Post 19061727)
Is it true that the complimentary breakfast for Diamonds is also available through room service at the PH Vendome?

crimson12 Aug 5, 2012 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Andaz5 (Post 19061792)
Spent 10 days there last May.... told them it was a special get away with the wife, they sent up a bottle of 1998 Billecart-Salmon "Le Clos Saint-Hilaire" Brut Blanc de Noirs Champagne.... was awesome.

Nice! Mine was NV.

MM56 Aug 5, 2012 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12 (Post 19035186)

Stayed two nights on hyatt visa sign up, on my honeymoon. Checked the honeymoon box, and this is exactly what we receive, along with some chocolates, and what they called an upgraded room, not sure the category. Was just Plat, as came with the card.

crimson12 Aug 5, 2012 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by MM56 (Post 19066133)
Stayed two nights on hyatt visa sign up, on my honeymoon. Checked the honeymoon box, and this is exactly what we receive, along with some chocolates, and what they called an upgraded room, not sure the category. Was just Plat, as came with the card.

I was Plat, didn't get an upgrade though. I don't remember if there were chocolates involved.

bombnthud Aug 6, 2012 7:23 pm

Checked "Honeymoon couple" on recent stay with my wife (technically our second honeymoon, but overall trip was much grander than first). Didn't get any champagne. Diamond member, but had to call to ask for diamond amenity of half bottle of red wine.

Breakfasts as diamond were amazing. Did room service 2 of 3 mornings. Eggs benedict, Kouign-Amann, and fresh orange juice were the best things ever.