Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skj
I'm making this thread a wiki since there are issues that keep getting repeated (breakfast and transportation from/to CDG). Feel free to add whatever you feel is important - stick to facts of please and not one off exceptions (eg if you get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on an award stay without any status - that's definitely a one off that doesn't belong in the WIKI - obviously you can do a regular post on it).

Public transport to the hotel from CDG

The best option is to take the Roissy bus to Opera. From there, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

The next best option is to take RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles. All trains from Roissy/CDG head south into Paris so no worries there. Some go express all the way into Paris (Gare du Nord, so Chatelet-Les Halles is the second stop); others are locals, in which case there are a lot of stops; some are half-express, half-local ... but all stop at Chatelet-Les Halles; and there is no point waiting for an express because it is rare if ever that an express will overtake a local. So get on whatever comes first. At Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A for one stop to Auber (which is joined to Opera station). You will be heading westbound, toward the termini St. Germain-en-Laye/Poissy/Cergny. You have to go up the stairs and back down for the Auber-bound train. Do not race across the platform for the RER B because that will be heading eastbound, to Gare de Lyon, Nation, Vincennes (and, depending on which one you get on, eventually Eurodisney!) The walk from the Auber exit closest to the RER stop takes about 10 minutes.

Public transport to the hotel from Orly

Take the Orlyval train to its end at Antony, then switch to RER B to Chatelet-Les-Halles and continue as above. In this case you can just cross the platform from the RER B to get the RER A headed to Auber.

Breakfast

The breakfast at Cafe Jeanne is free for Globalist members but is 40-50 euros per person otherwise. A modified but still very good version of this buffet breakfast is also available in the room and is also free for Globalists. Tips are not covered but then again the theory in France is that the service charge is in the price.

Museum tickets & pass from the concierge

You can buy "skip the line" tickets to the Louvre or Orsay for 18€ each, which is higher than the regular tickets via the Louvre & Orsay websites. But being able to "skip the line" obviously adds some value. They will also sell you the two day Paris Museum Pass for 55€. That is a 7€ markup.

Phone/data recommendations:
Lebara worked really well for me. What you need to do:
• You must unlock your phone (you can do this for free online with ATT through their website if you are out of contract)
• Order free SIM card at Lebara.fr a few weeks before your trip. I don’t think it took more than 2 weeks for my SIM card to arrive
• Activate SIM card at https://www.lebara.fr/activate-sim-detail?isoCode=en_GB or search “activate SIM” at Lebara.fr
• Load your SIM card with what you need. I paid 10 euro for 3G of data, unlimited SMS and local calls for 10 days (this should be plenty for most tourists)
LeFrench Mobile did not work so well for me: I paid 20-30 euro for local and international calls for my sister but was only able to make local calls and SMS

restaurant recommendations:
Nearby:
(We're here on 1 Oct 2021 and it appears this restaurant is closed permanently ...) Le Cap Bourbon- good, inexpensive, our server was nice and attentive (by French standards), great local crowd, menu has English translation
We ate a local Thai restaurant - Yo - its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and very busy. I had a guinea fowl green curry - a first for me. Very good food and friendly service.

Other:
L'Avant Comptoir is a wine bar with great,relatively cheap eats and a great atmosphere and friendly, English-speaking staff. Standing room only and tight.

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2011, 11:16 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
I could use my Amex platinum personal to pay for any additional charges but that will not get me anything.
You will earn AMEX MR points and Hyatt GP points.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
My goal is to stay there in UR or hyatt free nights. so I am trying to get more creative .

I could use my Amex platinum personal to pay for any additional charges but that will not get me anything .
Not sure I understand the problem. What would happen if you made your reservation through a Virtuoso agent (I can refer you to one if you wish). She makes the reservation for you and along with it, you get a number of valuable benefits.

When you get there, you use your Chase UR card. When the bill comes, you redeem some of the UR points to pay the bill.

Wouldn't that work? Wouldn't it solve the problem. The Virtuoso benefits at the PH Paris Vendome include room upgrade, free internet, free continental breakfast, late check-out plus and 85 Euro hotel restaurant credit.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by stevens397
Not sure I understand the problem. What would happen if you made your reservation through a Virtuoso agent (I can refer you to one if you wish). She makes the reservation for you and along with it, you get a number of valuable benefits.

When you get there, you use your Chase UR card. When the bill comes, you redeem some of the UR points to pay the bill.

Wouldn't that work? Wouldn't it solve the problem. The Virtuoso benefits at the PH Paris Vendome include room upgrade, free internet, free continental breakfast, late check-out plus and 85 Euro hotel restaurant credit.
He is looking for a free not paid stay, thats the difference
Old Oct 2, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: Diamond Hyatt; Platinum DL, AA, SPG; Gold UA
Advice - New Year's Eve @ PH

Staying at the PH-V over NYE 2011-2012. Looking for a top-notch restaraunt at which to celebrate New Year's with the to-be-MRS (she'll find out... that night).

Any suggestions?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by mcavin
Staying at the PH-V over NYE 2011-2012. Looking for a top-notch restaraunt at which to celebrate New Year's with the to-be-MRS (she'll find out... that night).

Any suggestions?

Well, I don't get to survey the :-::-::-:s, but if you want to knock her socks off, I would suggest a walk, without telling her the destination, over to the Ritz, which is itself just off of the place Vendome. Be ready, their drinks alone cost more than the Park Hyatt's. But they have their own glass swizzle sticks, of which I'm sure there are fewer each night. Who gets one of those with their rock?

Addendum: You will watch Midnight in Paris with her first, non? You never know if you'll run into Ernest, and who knows who else? (The back room was his for a time or an era. .....OK, a bad attempt.)

Last edited by Firewind; Oct 3, 2011 at 6:32 am
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by mcavin

Any suggestions?
http://www.meuricehotel.fr/restaurant-le-meurice

http://www.fourseasons.com/paris/dining/le_cinq/

http://www.lebristolparis.com/#/rest...-gastronomique
Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:01 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why not contact the PH concierge and ask them to make a recommendation? They've inevitably gotten it right when I've asked them anything.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:03 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Mod Note - I've moved about a dozen posts discussing the discontinuation of free Coffee / Tea in the morning from this thread to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...p-members.html since it's really a discussion of Hyatt wide benefits and not specific to this property.

Please continue discussion of the coffee / tea issue over in the "new" thread and keep this thread for specific discussion of the PH Vendome.

Thanks!!!

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:54 pm

Will be at the Vendome next week. Are there "American type" 120v outlets in the bathrooms? Yes I have an adaptor but I was wondering since I've stayed at other hotels where I didn't need an adaptor.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:31 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Robl
Will be at the Vendome next week. Are there "American type" 120v outlets in the bathrooms? Yes I have an adaptor but I was wondering since I've stayed at other hotels where I didn't need an adaptor.
Nope - had to call and have it brought up to the room.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:49 pm

Does anybody have an email address for the concierge at this hotel? I'd like some help with some restaurant reservations, but the e-concierge service only allows their selected restaurants.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:49 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld
Does anybody have an email address for the concierge at this hotel? I'd like some help with some restaurant reservations, but the e-concierge service only allows their selected restaurants.
I did have but can't find it, sorry. I have in the past emailed the general address from the webpage (paris dot vendome at hyatt dot com) which has been forwarded to the concierge - I got a reply from them within 24 hours.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld
[email protected]

They are very responsive - you will hear from them within a day.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:37 pm

Yes, they are very responsive. They can also help you to book other restaurants in Paris even not in their list.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Firewind
Well, I don't get to survey the :-::-::-:s, but if you want to knock her socks off, I would suggest a walk, without telling her the destination, over to the Ritz, which is itself just off of the place Vendome. Be ready, their drinks alone cost more than the Park Hyatt's. But they have their own glass swizzle sticks, of which I'm sure there are fewer each night. Who gets one of those with their rock?

Addendum: You will watch Midnight in Paris with her first, non? You never know if you'll run into Ernest, and who knows who else? (The back room was his for a time or an era. .....OK, a bad attempt.)
Wow.. so the drinks there are even higher than the 26Euro minimum at the PH?
geez.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.