FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1307256-park-hyatt-paris-vendome-review-master-thread-aug-2011-onward.html)

MikeFromTokyo Sep 22, 2011 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by stevens397 (Post 17155113)
Anyone know if a Diamond using a Diamond Suite upgrade - that usually gets a Park King Suite - ever gets upgraded to an Executive Suite?

We are booked with AMEX (using Capital One Hyatt certificates) with a Suite upgrade. I really don't like using AMEX Centurion Travel - yes, they have perks but the agents always know less than I do about where we are going and what we are doing - basically, they take orders.

Spoke to a Virtuoso agent and she contacted the hotel. They are prepared to sell me the Executive suite for 795 Euro per night rather than the 990 on the website. Also offered fourth night free with three paid nights - trip is five nights so it would be one free night. Stayed there once and it was pretty special. The other Virtuoso perks don't mean much as I get most stuff as a Diamond.

Thanks.

I would book the Executive Suite at the virtuoso rate with fourth night free. With your Diamond status and the Virtuoso upgrade benefit, you probably will be upgraded to a higher category upon check-in.

Suite upgrades aren't that useful at this property, since they only get you confirmed in the Park Suite (Jr. Suite), which is very nice, but not that much more expensive than the standard and deluxe rooms. The best way to get value out of the suite upgrades is to use them at properties where the suites are significantly more expensive than the rooms.

stevens397 Sep 22, 2011 1:02 pm

Arigato, Mike. I agree. All done.

peteropny Sep 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by stevens397 (Post 17155525)
Arigato, Mike. I agree. All done.

My last stay at this property, I booked a Park Suite on awards (all points) and was further upgraded to Park Executive (I did email the property since I had some contact info based upon an earlier stay with some glitches (nothing major) and asked for consideration for a further upgrade and a view of Rue de la Paix rather than a courtyard view). This was the rare exception where I contact the property regarding an upcoming stay.

stevens397 Sep 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 17156266)
My last stay at this property, I booked a Park Suite on awards (all points) and was further upgraded to Park Executive (I did email the property since I had some contact info based upon an earlier stay with some glitches (nothing major) and asked for consideration for a further upgrade and a view of Rue de la Paix rather than a courtyard view). This was the rare exception where I contact the property regarding an upcoming stay.

At this point, I'm happy to have the Executive Suite guaranteed for only $100 per night. Only sad thing is that this will possibly be my last Diamond stay and all the benefits are being duplicated by Virtuoso!

BTW everyone, one of the other benefits with a standard Virtuoso booking at this hotel is free limo service either from or to the airport. Nice!

ainternational Sep 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Wow! These Virtuoso benefits are huge. Thanks for the G2, folks. This will certainly impact my future bookings. I feel like I've been getting screwed up until now!

MikeFromTokyo Sep 23, 2011 12:17 am

Originally Posted by stevens397 (Post 17156732)
At this point, I'm happy to have the Executive Suite guaranteed for only $100 per night. Only sad thing is that this will possibly be my last Diamond stay and all the benefits are being duplicated by Virtuoso!

BTW everyone, one of the other benefits with a standard Virtuoso booking at this hotel is free limo service either from or to the airport. Nice!

The best part is that you probably have a good chance of an upgrade- the Prestige Suite and higher categories are a big step up from the executive suite.

The airport transfer is a huge benefit as this is normally charged at over EUR 200 each way.

RichardInSF Sep 23, 2011 9:46 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo (Post 17158643)
The best part is that you probably have a good chance of an upgrade- the Prestige Suite and higher categories are a big step up from the executive suite.

The airport transfer is a huge benefit as this is normally charged at over EUR 200 each way.

Having stayed several times in what (studying the pictures carefully) I deduce is a prestige suite, I'd agree. What's amazing to me about this hotel is not only how impressive the prestige suite is, but that there are no fewer than five separate categories of suites that are higher than prestige suite!

While the airport transfer may be charged at over E200, I bet you can get a taxi to or from the airport for E80 or less.

peteropny Sep 23, 2011 9:51 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 17160313)
While the airport transfer may be charged at over E200, I bet you can get a taxi to or from the airport for E80 or less.

Taxi from / to airport is usually around E50.

MikeFromTokyo Sep 23, 2011 10:25 am

I have no experience with the PH Vendome's cars, but if the transfers are anything like the George V's transfers- which they should be since they are around the same price- they also will include VIP treatment upon arrival at CDG.

I would also usually choose a taxi given the price difference, but there is definitely significant value to the hotel car transfers beyond what a taxi would offer.

hautecouTours Sep 23, 2011 11:24 am

Originally Posted by calibeachgal (Post 15484310)
Just curious, but is this room the "PARK SUITE KING" room? That's what I have listed on my upcoming reservation, but I really have no idea what to expect.

TIA!

I stayed at the PH Vendome this past May in a Park Suite King. I had two rooms, each with its own entrance and connected. One was a very nice bedroom and the other a sitting room with sofa, chairs and writing area. I also had TWO bathrooms, one off each room. You'll be pleased!

MikeFromTokyo Sep 23, 2011 11:31 am

Originally Posted by hautecouTours (Post 17160802)
I stayed at the PH Vendome this past May in a Park Suite King. I had two rooms, each with its own entrance and connected. One was a very nice bedroom and the other a sitting room with sofa, chairs and writing area. I also had TWO bathrooms, one off each room. You'll be pleased!

If you had two separate rooms and two bathrooms, it sounds like you had an Executive Suite. The Park Suite is a Jr. Suite (one larger room, not separate bedroom and living room).

peteropny Sep 23, 2011 11:40 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo (Post 17160826)
If you had two separate rooms and two bathrooms, it sounds like you had an Executive Suite. The Park Suite is a Jr. Suite (one larger room, not separate bedroom and living room).

Executive Suites have 1.5 Baths - since you mentioned two connecting rooms - were you by chance in the suite right above the entrance to the hotel on Rue de la Paix? I think that suite is an afterthought and doesn't fit in any category - we were in that suite two stays ago during the Mediterranean Summit where several heads of state were in house - not sure why we got that suite on an award stay when the whole property was sold out.

spankytoes Sep 23, 2011 12:16 pm

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme
5 Rue de la Paix
Paris 75002 FRANCE
Tel: 33 1 5871 1234 Fax: 33 1 5871 1235

ROOM(S) BOOKED: PARK TWIN
ROOM DESCRIPTION: 26-30 sqm: 2 Twin beds: limstone bath Rain shower: Courtyard view

NIGHTLY RATE PER ROOM:

April 9 - *C* EURO
April 10 - *C* EURO
April 11 - *C* EURO

So pumped! ^

PETERPNYC Sep 24, 2011 7:59 am

How do I get here

Maybe this is a little off topic but I hope someone will indulge me.

Have spent last 4 months on getting airline miles (600 K )and am leaving JFK ATH J DL in 14 days thanks to you guys.

Now how do I get to stay at this wonderful hotel Ex ATH sometime during my 2 months in Greece. I have no status in hotels only DL SILVER

If I applied and got the 2 night free Hyatt card for me and my wife that would be four nights .

Any way to get it done in time and get a suite without being a diamond. If not are the standard rooms worth crash coursing to get the CC and rushing to stay here.

I also have documentation that I am exclusive USA NYC red carpet concierge manager for my cousins hotel in ATH. DOES anyone think the reservations dept will mix and max ?

MikeFromTokyo Sep 24, 2011 8:30 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 17164810)
If I applied and got the 2 night free Hyatt card for me and my wife that would be four nights .

Any way to get it done in time and get a suite without being a diamond. If not are the standard rooms worth crash coursing to get the CC and rushing to stay here.

I also have documentation that I am exclusive USA NYC red carpet concierge manager for my cousins hotel in ATH. DOES anyone think the reservations dept will mix and max ?

It would be possible to get the four free nights by getting two CCs, but I don't know how quickly the free nights would become available. If you did manage to secure a reservation for four free nights, it would be possible to pay an upsell to be confirmed in a suite. A free upgrade is unlikely with no status.

I do not think that any airline status or position as a concierge with another company will have any effect on an award reservation at this property.