Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skj
I'm making this thread a wiki since there are issues that keep getting repeated (breakfast and transportation from/to CDG). Feel free to add whatever you feel is important - stick to facts of please and not one off exceptions (eg if you get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on an award stay without any status - that's definitely a one off that doesn't belong in the WIKI - obviously you can do a regular post on it).

Public transport to the hotel from CDG

The best option is to take the Roissy bus to Opera. From there, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

The next best option is to take RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles. All trains from Roissy/CDG head south into Paris so no worries there. Some go express all the way into Paris (Gare du Nord, so Chatelet-Les Halles is the second stop); others are locals, in which case there are a lot of stops; some are half-express, half-local ... but all stop at Chatelet-Les Halles; and there is no point waiting for an express because it is rare if ever that an express will overtake a local. So get on whatever comes first. At Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A for one stop to Auber (which is joined to Opera station). You will be heading westbound, toward the termini St. Germain-en-Laye/Poissy/Cergny. You have to go up the stairs and back down for the Auber-bound train. Do not race across the platform for the RER B because that will be heading eastbound, to Gare de Lyon, Nation, Vincennes (and, depending on which one you get on, eventually Eurodisney!) The walk from the Auber exit closest to the RER stop takes about 10 minutes.

Public transport to the hotel from Orly

Take the Orlyval train to its end at Antony, then switch to RER B to Chatelet-Les-Halles and continue as above. In this case you can just cross the platform from the RER B to get the RER A headed to Auber.

Breakfast

The breakfast at Cafe Jeanne is free for Globalist members but is 40-50 euros per person otherwise. A modified but still very good version of this buffet breakfast is also available in the room and is also free for Globalists. Tips are not covered but then again the theory in France is that the service charge is in the price.

Museum tickets & pass from the concierge

You can buy "skip the line" tickets to the Louvre or Orsay for 18€ each, which is higher than the regular tickets via the Louvre & Orsay websites. But being able to "skip the line" obviously adds some value. They will also sell you the two day Paris Museum Pass for 55€. That is a 7€ markup.

Phone/data recommendations:
Lebara worked really well for me. What you need to do:
• You must unlock your phone (you can do this for free online with ATT through their website if you are out of contract)
• Order free SIM card at Lebara.fr a few weeks before your trip. I don’t think it took more than 2 weeks for my SIM card to arrive
• Activate SIM card at https://www.lebara.fr/activate-sim-detail?isoCode=en_GB or search “activate SIM” at Lebara.fr
• Load your SIM card with what you need. I paid 10 euro for 3G of data, unlimited SMS and local calls for 10 days (this should be plenty for most tourists)
LeFrench Mobile did not work so well for me: I paid 20-30 euro for local and international calls for my sister but was only able to make local calls and SMS

restaurant recommendations:
Nearby:
(We're here on 1 Oct 2021 and it appears this restaurant is closed permanently ...) Le Cap Bourbon- good, inexpensive, our server was nice and attentive (by French standards), great local crowd, menu has English translation
We ate a local Thai restaurant - Yo - its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and very busy. I had a guinea fowl green curry - a first for me. Very good food and friendly service.

Other:
L'Avant Comptoir is a wine bar with great,relatively cheap eats and a great atmosphere and friendly, English-speaking staff. Standing room only and tight.

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
Now that you mention it, I stayed at PHV shortly after the hotel opened and was given a very small room (on a very expensive rate).

Westin Vendome would be my first choice but is booked full.
I hear you after that first time we were able to get much better rooms however since Claudio has taken over things are not what they use to be in spite of his reputation. I first met him at the PHM and he was great there. I also agree e with you on the Westin down the street
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by faboi0us
Just checked in this afternoon, we didn't get upgraded from our Executive suite(TSU + Fee). We were pleasantly surprised to receive a bottle of wine and some cheese as a welcome gift.
I just had a quick stay here on my cat 1-7 cert. A good use of that cert. No upgrade but they were sold out for the night. The room I received was quite nice and recently renovated.

I know they’re not required to give anything but my welcome gift was two bottles of cider and a bowl with some chips in it. Is there a point where you cost cut so much that it’s probably better not to bother if it’s not required?

At Christmas I was at the (generally considerably cheaper) Renaissance a few blocks away and it was quite nice—a bottle of wine and a box of Ladurée macarons.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Renard
At Christmas I was at the (generally considerably cheaper) Renaissance a few blocks away and it was quite nice—a bottle of wine and a box of Ladurée macarons.
They gave me this last time too. Agreed that it's a good use of the free Cat 7 night, which I'll use again there before expiration.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Renard

I just had a quick stay here on my cat 1-7 cert. A good use of that cert. No upgrade but they were sold out for the night. The room I received was quite nice and recently renovated.

I know they’re not required to give anything but my welcome gift was two bottles of cider and a bowl with some chips in it. Is there a point where you cost cut so much that it’s probably better not to bother if it’s not required?

Thats all you got ? Wow barely worth the effort. I agree on the Renaissance next trip we are trying the Westin down the street
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
I missed this thread a few weeks ago but was there recently... We stayed at the Park Hyatt Vendôme over the weekend of 3/23/19 and we had an excellent experience. The suite that we were in was spacious with high ceilings, a large walk in closet, a large bathroom, and a very comfortable roll-away bed for our our son (who has a lot of experience with rollaways). Service from the front desk, to concierge, and across the restaurants and bar was fantastic. We also loved the location very close to Place Vendôme, Palais Garnier opera house, Tuileries Garden, etc.

We checked out on Monday 3/25 at around noon, and we were not impacted by construction at all while we were there. Here is a quick update on what is going on with the construction:

- They are currently finishing the last phase of renovations.
- The Terrace is going to reopen at the end of May.
- No construction noise earlier than 10am, or later than 6:30pm, and no noise during lunch time.

J'aime Paris!
Old May 13, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Looks like they are now giving 20% discount voucher for the bar/lobby when checking in?
But no idea if it’s for everybody? Globalist? Regular guests (I’m staying there 20-25 nights per year)?
Also why don’t they just deduct it from the bill (like for the free breakfast) vs a voucher that you can easily lose or forget to give at the right time?
Old May 13, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Looks like they are now giving 20% discount voucher for the bar/lobby when checking in?
But no idea if it’s for everybody? Globalist? Regular guests (I’m staying there 20-25 nights per year)?
Also why don’t they just deduct it from the bill (like for the free breakfast) vs a voucher that you can easily lose or forget to give at the right time?
Interesting. Hope we get one, too! Is it for one tab, or is it like some sort of discount that can be applied on multiple occasions during a stay?
Old May 14, 2019, 8:29 am

Was just there and the discount is applied automatically whenever you charge something to your room. No need to show the voucher or even mention it.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
It’s what I was thinking after yesterday first use (when they didn’t take it but applied it to the room bill) but was not sure so thanks for clarification!
Do you know who it is for?
And for how long (short term promotion vs long term new benefit)? I’m back this weekend, next week and in June...
Old May 14, 2019, 12:32 pm

Think it's for any WoH member, but, not sure. When the FD was explaining the benefit, I really wasn't paying much attention. Hopefully, it's permanent or a long promotion, since the savings were quite substantial.
Old May 18, 2019, 7:08 am

I got the voucher this week too, am globalist.

Our gift was a small bottle of wine, two large bottles of badoit, and truffle cashews.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by tearex

Our gift was a small bottle of wine, two large bottles of badoit, and truffle cashews.
"diminishing returns"
Old May 18, 2019, 5:22 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by tearex

I got the voucher today and put it to good use tonight in the lounge by the fireplace. I did have to show it; the check initially lacked the discount.

My welcome amenity was 2 Evians, 2 330ml bottles of "fils de pomme" sparkling cider, and a bowl of chips. I gather that the cider had alcohol in it but not much.

I got truffle cashews along with olives and candied walnuts down in the lounge as soon as I ordered my first drink. Would have preferred them to the chips in the room, but nbd.

Service has been lovely, I arrived at 11am and the room wasn't yet ready, was treated to a macchiato while I waited a whopping ten minutes until the room was ready ^. The agent then walked me to the room, nice touch.
Old May 19, 2019, 6:35 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I got the voucher today and put it to good use tonight in the lounge by the fireplace. I did have to show it; the check initially lacked the discount.
Went to the bar tonight and was again asked for the voucher, and this time they kept it! The bartender said he needed to hang on to it but perhaps I could get another tomorrow... I said no worries and will talk to front desk tomorrow but there seems to be a lapse in the communication somewhere here...

Also was disappointed to have last call come at 1:15 for a bar that advertises 2:00 closing, and the bar was out of the Yamazaki 18 that I was looking forward to drinking, but that's in short supply, so oh well.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just to clarify, the voucher isn't valid for the good restaurant in the hotel, right? But it could be used for dinner in the outdoor courtyard/patio behind the lounge?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.