FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1307256-park-hyatt-paris-vendome-review-master-thread-aug-2011-onward.html)

embarcadero1 Feb 3, 2019 11:08 am

Does anyone know if the strike been resolved. I have an upcoming stay and would likely book a different hotel if there staff are on strike.

Thanks,

yoganeck Feb 3, 2019 11:23 am

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 30721663)

...Had a great 6 night stay to start the year there for my return. Used a TSU plus paid upgrade....

It's too bad this treatment doesn't seem consistent to FTers.

If I may ask, how much was the paid upgrade per night?

I have a points stay with TSU coming up shortly :-)

beachfan Feb 3, 2019 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by yoganeck (Post 30734852)
If I may ask, how much was the paid upgrade per night?

I have a points stay with TSU coming up shortly :-)

Initial offer was 250 euros, I countered with 190 euros which was the difference in standard rates for what I was confirmed into and what I wanted, and they accepted.

faboi0us Feb 3, 2019 11:44 pm

I have an upcoming stay with a TSU as well, I opted for the paid upgrade option to an Executive suite(190 Euro per night)

lalala Feb 4, 2019 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49 (Post 30732822)
GEEZZZ we just have to have people insert politics into an otherwise enjoyable board. I am sure your the moral compass of Seattle

Yup. Completely 100% organically sourced kombucha with a side of subaru.

platbrownguy Mar 21, 2019 12:06 am

Thinking of staying here May 18-22. Booked using a free night cert & 90k points. Debating whether to use TSU and an upgrade fee per night (Park Suite isn't available for straight TSU, so I'm looking at burning a TSU plus paying 90 euro minimum/night, or 190 euro/night for an exec suite), or to play the globalist upgrade lottery and see if anything is comped. Leaning towards the latter...

edgewood49 Mar 21, 2019 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 30911841)
Thinking of staying here May 18-22. Booked using a free night cert & 90k points. Debating whether to use TSU and an upgrade fee per night (Park Suite isn't available for straight TSU, so I'm looking at burning a TSU plus paying 90 euro minimum/night, or 190 euro/night for an exec suite), or to play the globalist upgrade lottery and see if anything is comped. Leaning towards the latter...

Over the years I have opted for paying the "vig" and getting what I wanted, generally speaking when doing so I have been pleasantly surprised that I am upgraded from that as well. Only once did I not and that was during Victoria Secrets week.

Maybe it's getting older but I opt for the best way to ensure not having to wonder all the way across the pond

faboi0us Mar 21, 2019 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49 (Post 30914944)
Over the years I have opted for paying the "vig" and getting what I wanted, generally speaking when doing so I have been pleasantly surprised that I am upgraded from that as well. Only once did I not and that was during Victoria Secrets week.

Maybe it's getting older but I opt for the best way to ensure not having to wonder all the way across the pond

I'm paying the "vig" in two weeks because we need a room that accommodates 4. I'll report back on whether or not I'm upgraded from that.

edgewood49 Mar 22, 2019 6:39 am

Originally Posted by faboi0us (Post 30915416)
I'm paying the "vig" in two weeks because we need a room that accommodates 4. I'll report back on whether or not I'm upgraded from that.

If the occupancy is mild you should be fine, enjoy !

Kacee Apr 5, 2019 1:41 am

Any recent stays? Some negative recent comments on TA about construction . . . .

m0hamed Apr 5, 2019 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30966983)
Any recent stays? Some negative recent comments on TA about construction . . . .

Just read the TA reviews and did a dummy booking and there's nothing on the website indicating construction.

I've had this happen at several Hyatt hotels, including on repeat stays. It's completely unacceptable for it not to be listed on the hotel website or during the reservation process.

*wood always had it in both and also in Announcements on the hotel page.

Kacee Apr 5, 2019 8:07 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 30967080)
Just read the TA reviews and did a dummy booking and there's nothing on the website indicating construction.

There are also a bunch of fake 5* reviews. Kind of shameful for a property at this level to be engaging in fakery.

edgewood49 Apr 5, 2019 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30967824)
There are also a bunch of fake 5* reviews. Kind of shameful for a property at this level to be engaging in fakery.

You know this property has been in steady decline for many years now even with management change frankly its still going down to the point I am booking else where sad this was a favorite that we stayed at once or twice a year, and always once during the Holiday Seasons.

reigndrop Apr 5, 2019 11:58 am

Would be helpful if someone could comment on the construction with a recent experience. I’m booked for four nights in mid August on points + TSU but will consider killing it if it’s a serious issue

Sophoclefr Apr 5, 2019 2:00 pm

I've been staying there 10-15 times a year for the last 3 years and never had a problem with renovation (have to say it was always during the week and leaving the room no later than 8amish). Only consequence for me is less room availabilities (keeping in mind Hotel du Louvre is still closed). Only issue last year was the housekeeping strike and demonstrations in front of the hotel but it's now over..