FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1307256-park-hyatt-paris-vendome-review-master-thread-aug-2011-onward.html)

stevens397 Dec 27, 2011 8:17 am

First Hyatt visit and it's the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome?! You clearly started at the top!

SMK77 Dec 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U (Post 17694463)

After going to the room I returned downstairs to talk to the Concierge. I had almost finished a hand gesture which was going to be accompanied by the phrase "I need an American converter." When the incredible concierge, I believe his first name is Jean, said that he would have housekeeping send it right up to my room "Mr. Goodmorning2U". Keep in mind, I hadn't met him or any of the concierge yet.

Cute. I am sure you did not tell him the room number beforehand either and the converter magically made its way to your room...

sapguy Dec 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by stevens397 (Post 17697513)
First Hyatt visit and it's the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome?! You clearly started at the top!

Sigh... It'll be downhill from here :(

RichardInSF Dec 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by sapguy (Post 17706038)
Sigh... It'll be downhill from here :(

Not necessarily, head to Milan next!

edgewood49 Dec 29, 2011 8:31 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 17707623)
Not necessarily, head to Milan next!

I agree! Am staying at both this coming April !!

mcavin Jan 4, 2012 11:49 am

Top Notch Hotel - Paris Proposal

Just another message giving accolades to the excellent PH-V management, staff, concierge, restaurant, and spa staff! What a wonderful, relaxing, and altogether amazing experience.

My fiancé and I just returned from Paris yesterday, after spending five lovely days in a Park Executive Suite with a balcony overlooking Rue de la Paix (complimentary upgrade after using 33k/night GP redemption for a Park Suite).

Prior to my arrival, I notified the management that I’d be proposing to my to-be-fiancé during our time in Paris. When I arrived, the manager quietly asked me what day/time I’d be proposing so that she could have a complimentary bottle of Champagne (turned out to be an exceptionally nice bottle) waiting for us after the proposal.

The Diamond breakfast was simply outstanding (I’m really missing it today); servers remembered everything day-to-day.

The Concierge helped with booking advance NYE tickets and made restaurant recommendations – even got us night-of reservations to the joel robuchon L’Atelier restaurant.

On our last night, we returned very late to PH-V, and we were greeted by Gil (a concierge). Gil had not seen us, we had not met him; in fact, I think he’d not been working for the few days prior. Before we said anything, Gil welcomed us each by name (my fiancé’s name wasn’t even on the reservation) and he congratulated us on our engagement (my fiancé had a glove on!) – then he asked how he could help us.

Our friends stayed on my points at the Intercontinental Le Grande, and (although it’s still nice), what a markedly different (and better) experience it was to stay at the PH-V.

Truly an unforgettable experience.

janddouglas Jan 5, 2012 2:15 pm

Great hotel, location

Stayed here for 2 nights over New Years Eve on points. We had originally booked the Madeleine as the PH was full when I booked in October, but kept checking for Award nights and they finally came available 2 week prior to departure.

Avoiding taxi's, easiest route from CDG seemed to be Roissybus for EUR10. Took 30 mins to get to Opera on Saturday morning, then a 5 min walk from there to the hotel.

Taxi back at the crack of dawn was EUR60.

Beautiful hotel. The room was a standard queen on the second floor with a courtyard view. Quite small, though for Paris I'd guess average size.

Diamond breakfast was great. Interesting if you tip extra (I kept on failing to work out whether service was included or not) it is charged. With a coffee EUR14 and buffet EUR48 I wouldn't want to be paying for it.

Had a few cocktails in the bar one night. Nice set-up, but tres expensive, at EUR16 for a beer and EUR24 for a cocktail. Maybe I'm cheap, but made PH Tokyo bar seem reasonable.

Cubswin Jan 9, 2012 9:30 am

One clarification, please.

With your diamond benefits I see people saying that they get an "American breakfast" excluding the "champagne breakfast".

I think I understand this but I wanted to be certain.

This means that you get the buffet for free (for yourself and another guest) if you are a Diamond but you can't upgrade to the Champagne Breakfast (which is fine by me).

Did I get that right?

peteropny Jan 9, 2012 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Cubswin (Post 17778508)
This means that you get the buffet for free (for yourself and another guest) if you are a Diamond but you can't upgrade to the Champagne Breakfast (which is fine by me).

Did I get that right?

The buffet breakfast is complimentary to Diamonds for 2 (assuming that 2 people are registered in the room). I think you can upgrade to the Champagne Breakfast but you should be charged for the difference.

fireworksboy Jan 9, 2012 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 17780789)
The buffet breakfast is complimentary to Diamonds for 2 (assuming that 2 people are registered in the room). I think you can upgrade to the Champagne Breakfast but you should be charged for the difference.

We ordered Champagne w breakfast in our room for the last day of our trip last year and I think the upgrade ran about $50 or so.

Cubswin Jan 9, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks for the answers!

OsakaWino Jan 14, 2012 11:43 pm

Worth the move from the Hilton?

We're planning a 14-night stay in Paris for next year, and want to use points for the entire stay. I have enough Hilton points for all 14 nights, and enough GP points for 4 nights here at the PH. Is it worth the trouble of changing hotels to split it 10 at the Hilton and 4 at the PH?

GoingAway Jan 15, 2012 12:03 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino (Post 17816216)
We're planning a 14-night stay in Paris for next year, and want to use points for the entire stay. I have enough Hilton points for all 14 nights, and enough GP points for 4 nights here at the PH. Is it worth the trouble of changing hotels to split it 10 at the Hilton and 4 at the PH?

Yes :)

OsakaWino Jan 15, 2012 12:55 am

Originally Posted by GoingAway (Post 17816265)
Yes :)

If it is worth it to change hotels, is it also worth it to purchase more GP points for a longer stay at the PH? Looking at a number of dates, it seems actually a little cheaper to purchase 22,000 points for a free night than to pay the normal daily rate.

Stewie Mac Jan 15, 2012 1:57 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Remember that you will lose out on the points you would gain from your paid stay - at the PHV with a typical rate of €600, that will be c 5k points lost for a diamond, 4k for a general member.

The one upside of expensive European Hyatts is that the points rack up with alacrity!