Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 1, 2024, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by webtran
Thanks for the response. I contacted them and they were able to make notes to my 2Q request.

As for Club access, does anyone know if I am able to pay for Club access? If so, would I be able to pay Club access for part of my stay (i.e. Day 1-3 out of 7 day stay)? Lastly any idea what the going rate for Club access is?

Thanks everyone, I know Club access is not worth it to most of you but i have 3 kiddos so it provides more value in my situation.
I sent you a PM
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:28 pm

Programs: I like them all
Originally Posted by Troopers
Here now. Rec’d nice spread for my birthday.

Regards
Curious, did you contact them in advance letting them know it was your birthday Troopers or they have your birthday on file and set that up proactively. Nice spread!
Old Apr 12, 2024, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by travelallot
Curious, did you contact them in advance letting them know it was your birthday Troopers or they have your birthday on file and set that up proactively. Nice spread!
MHC knew it was my birthday. I also received a similar spread at the Andaz Maui following my stay at the HR Waikiki Beach.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 10:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I was just there for my bday but did not rec anything. Probably should have mentioned it in my response to the welcome email.

For anyone curious on how the towel kiosk track # of beach towels you took and then return, FD told me there is a chip in the towel which the machine records. I mistakenly left a beach towel in the room and FD noted that during checkout. He removed the charge.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Looking to use a SUA for some nights but doesn't seem like this property has any base suites for upgrades
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by askyamaz
Looking to use a SUA for some nights but doesn't seem like this property has any base suites for upgrades
Many posts about this. Their standard suite is the Parlor/Family Suite. Which is two connecting ocean front rooms. One with either two doubles and the other room has a Murphy bed. That is queen size at best. We’ve been in this room many many times. It usually doesn’t show for sale on website. You have to call to see if it is available.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 1:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Originally Posted by SF1K
Many posts about this. Their standard suite is the Parlor/Family Suite. Which is two connecting ocean front rooms. One with either two doubles and the other room has a Murphy bed. That is queen size at best. We’ve been in this room many many times. It usually doesn’t show for sale on website. You have to call to see if it is available.
Thanks for the clarification about calling to see availability, because it's crazy I checked 15 months out, when dates are first made available and even then it is not shown on the website. That makes sense to call. cumbersome though.

Any suggestion on the process, do I just call the hotel and work with them on dates available or is this more of a Globalist concierge kind of work?
Old Apr 30, 2024, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, AA-Gold, Hyatt-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by askyamaz
do I just call the hotel and work with them on dates available or is this more of a Globalist concierge kind of work?
Neither options work for our annual trip. If availability is not in Hyatt.com, no one can confirm for us. We do book 13 months out.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Do Globalists get free valet on award stays at this property?
Old Jun 22, 2024, 9:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Do Globalists get free valet on award stays at this property?
Yes
Travelchurner likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2024, 5:41 pm

Oooof. Just read the above regarding no standard suites available (even 13 months out). Thought I could apply an SUA like I did two years ago. Welp.
Old Jul 7, 2024, 7:31 pm

Just wrapped up a 4 night stay... normal corporate rate, got upgraded to a nice sea view room on the 22nd floor.

Hotel is... fine. Nothing spectacular. Property a little dated but I guess that's the case pretty much everywhere in Waikiki. Lounge was typically mediocre - got kinda crowded and, as others have mentioned, the pigeons on the outdoor terrace are a nuisance. (At least they don't use paper plates. &#128521 They weren't able to extend check out to 4PM due to a holiday weekend (understandable) but they did give me 1:30PM which was appreciated. Valet a little slow at times but the property was absolutely mobbed with people and they were doing their best. My biggest gripe was the noise from the street but other than better sound proofing, not much the property can do about it.

Staff across the board was very friendly.

Not exactly the kind of place to look forward to other than the one major advantage of this place.... location. The surf at Waikiki is super chill and great for noobs and olds like me. 😉
Old Jul 7, 2024, 8:10 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by fly2nrt
Just wrapped up a 4 night stay... normal corporate rate, got upgraded to a nice sea view room on the 22nd floor.

Hotel is... fine. Nothing spectacular. Property a little dated but I guess that's the case pretty much everywhere in Waikiki. Lounge was typically mediocre - got kinda crowded and, as others have mentioned, the pigeons on the outdoor terrace are a nuisance. (At least they don't use paper plates. &#128521 They weren't able to extend check out to 4PM due to a holiday weekend (understandable) but they did give me 1:30PM which was appreciated. Valet a little slow at times but the property was absolutely mobbed with people and they were doing their best. My biggest gripe was the noise from the street but other than better sound proofing, not much the property can do about it.

Staff across the board was very friendly.

Not exactly the kind of place to look forward to other than the one major advantage of this place.... location. The surf at Waikiki is super chill and great for noobs and olds like me. 😉
Pretty much sums up this property very well.If one is willing to pay two or three hundred more a night you can buy up to
luxury at another area property.I dislike the lounge here so much (the restaurant isn't all that much better)
I'm happy to go elsewhere and enjoy the experience
better when I find myself there.I won't rule the HR out but I do not want to be there more than a night or two max
They have always been kind and welcoming to me.Its just that the hard product is just ok and there isn't anything
to look forward to in a suite upgrade or great guest room that inspires.
If it wasn't a Hyatt would any of us even go there?
Old Jul 7, 2024, 8:24 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by emofeng
Oooof. Just read the above regarding no standard suites available (even 13 months out). Thought I could apply an SUA like I did two years ago. Welp.
If there isn't a single suite year round on any day for 13 months IMO its hotel fraud/gaming of the WOH program likely
More and more I see some similar kinds of behavior at some select Hyatt properties to the extent I've never seen historically
Some are all to well known to the Hyatt community.
File a case with Hyatt Consumer Affairs as something is likely rotten in Denmark or at least in Waikiki
Though unfortunate I've noticed Hyatt allows much of the behavior protecting the hotel and their in house policies
due to gaming loopholes.Imagine if we the guests did that we would have our accounts shut down!
Old Jul 7, 2024, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
If it wasn't a Hyatt would any of us even go there?
Nope. I wouldn’t ever stay in Waikiki either but if all you wanna do is eat and sleep and surf mellow waves, well then this place can’t be beat.

I like the Residence Inn in Kapolei but they were sold out for my company rate and there was no way I was paying $600/night there. Allegedly a Hyatt House is in the works in Ewa but who knows when/if that’ll come about.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.