Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hyatt Diamond SPG Plat Marriott Plat
Hi All,
Checking in to the hotel in a week as a diamond. Was reading previous posts that resort fee is waived for diamond members- but also saw it on the website that parking is USD 30 per day. Any chance diamond can get that waived as well? Thanks!
Old May 16, 2015, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Giroud
Was reading previous posts that resort fee is waived for diamond members- but also saw it on the website that parking is USD 30 per day. Any chance diamond can get that waived as well? Thanks!
Why not ask for a waiver of the room rate as well?
Old May 16, 2015, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Why not ask for a waiver of the room rate as well?
I asked because for SPG Property parking is included in the resort fee so i get confused by Hyatt's resort fee + parking fee.

Be nice, please.
Old May 17, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
There is no way in h3ll they'll waive it. I go there all the time and asked for a discount and was told no.

I simply park elsewhere.
Old May 17, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
I asked because for SPG Property parking is included in the resort fee so i get confused by Hyatt's resort fee + parking fee.

Be nice, please.
^^^^^^^ i agree some tend
Old May 17, 2015, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
There is no way in h3ll they'll waive it. I go there all the time and asked for a discount and was told no.

I simply park elsewhere.
Any suggestions on where to park based on your experience?
Old May 18, 2015, 7:28 am

I usually park at the Pacific Monarch up the street. It's $20 per day. The Banyan a few blocks away is less costly. I believe it's $80 or $100 for a week.
Old May 18, 2015, 10:50 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I park at the Aston at the Banyan. Last time I was there it was $10 a day or $60 a week with unlimited in-and-out. If you're willing to walk further, there are places to park for free on the street near the zoo/bandshell.
Any suggestions on where to park based on your experience?
Old May 18, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I park at the Aston at the Banyan. Last time I was there it was $10 a day or $60 a week with unlimited in-and-out. If you're willing to walk further, there are places to park for free on the street near the zoo/bandshell.
You know at some point one has to decide how much they want or even need a rental car for the full stay. I have rented at airport driven to hotel turned it in a day later or cab to hotel rent car at hotel then turn it back in. At some point aren't you eating into your vacation time
Old May 18, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by edgewood49
You know at some point one has to decide how much they want or even need a rental car for the full stay. I have rented at airport driven to hotel turned it in a day later or cab to hotel rent car at hotel then turn it back in. At some point aren't you eating into your vacation time
When I was there last July the Banyan was $15/day or $70 for 5-7 days. It was certainly worth it to me to walk maybe 7 minutes each way to get/drop the car to save $20/day in parking, that hardly ate into my vacation. I probably would have waited about that long when picking up the car from valet anyway. Plus I tend to go for a couple of brisk walks each day so taking one of the kids along and chatting while we were walking was more of a treat than a sacrifice.

I do agree that it is worthwhile, from both an economic and time perspective, to consider how much one will use a car and either cab/shuttle from airport and do single day on-site rentals or not rent at all. Some trips I rent, some I shuttle, and some I combo. Just depends on the trip. It wouldn't be worth it to me to rent and park a car for a full week just to drive to the north shore one or two days and maybe Pearl Harbor another.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:30 am

My issue with renting by the day is that on some days I go in and out of the car several times. Where would I leave it in between those trips.

It's also less costly to rent by the week than by the day, particularly if you're staying a week or more. My last trip was for 2 weeks. While the car did stay in the lot some days, it was out at least once a day for the bulk of the trip.
Old May 19, 2015, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life
When I was there last July the Banyan was $15/day or $70 for 5-7 days. It was certainly worth it to me to walk maybe 7 minutes each way to get/drop the car to save $20/day in parking, that hardly ate into my vacation. I probably would have waited about that long when picking up the car from valet anyway. Plus I tend to go for a couple of brisk walks each day so taking one of the kids along and chatting while we were walking was more of a treat than a sacrifice.

I do agree that it is worthwhile, from both an economic and time perspective, to consider how much one will use a car and either cab/shuttle from airport and do single day on-site rentals or not rent at all. Some trips I rent, some I shuttle, and some I combo. Just depends on the trip. It wouldn't be worth it to me to rent and park a car for a full week just to drive to the north shore one or two days and maybe Pearl Harbor another.

And you right for 7 minutes I was just saying that it sure is a lot of extra work trying to save a few bucks when there are options. I use to rent a car for vacation, now I don't only business
Old Jun 5, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, SW A-List & CP
For my upcoming trip (Tuesday), I called to see if they could combine my points reservation with my DSU reservation. They did this for me at the Andaz in Maui, so thought I could try again.

This time, no such luck, probably because it's a longer stay. However, they did offer me cash & points without having to use any additional DSU and I took it. Is this common?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 6:34 pm

Was you points reservation for a regular room and not a suite? If so, I can understand them not combining them and allowing you to stay in the same room the whole time.

If it was for a suite, perhaps they misunderstood IF you only wanted to make sure you didn't have to change suites.

This hotel has had to really crack down on their freebies. In the past they would have just let you stay in a suite if you had a regular room booked on points afterwards.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Was you points reservation for a regular room and not a suite? If so, I can understand them not combining them and allowing you to stay in the same room the whole time.

If it was for a suite, perhaps they misunderstood IF you only wanted to make sure you didn't have to change suites.

This hotel has had to really crack down on their freebies. In the past they would have just let you stay in a suite if you had a regular room booked on points afterwards.
I have two Cash+Points stays in December and there was no availability for a DSU on either stay. I did this with my PL agent not with the hotel, but I will ask the hotel nearer the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.