Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Wow! Thanks for the info ^
They give you a small card at check in with all the above information on it.

I have found with the cocktails in the Lounge, if you are generous with your gratuity, they are VERY generous with what is provided (obviously this is usually the case most places, however on several visits (3 stays in past few months) they have been very consistent with this).

Obviously this is a huge benefit to those that need a good stiff drink to wind down ;-)
Old Dec 6, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
We were told yesterday Japengo is not serving sushi or has a sushi bar anymore. Can anyone confirm this?

Diamonds or Club guests are being accommodated in the Ewa tower. If you are fortunate to get upgrade to one of the suites you may be accommodated in the Diamond Head tower.

The Club has been less crowded with the decline in value of the Japanese yen. Most reservations coming in will be with "North American" guests. How quickly things change.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
We were told yesterday Japengo is not serving sushi or has a sushi bar anymore. Can anyone confirm this?

Diamonds or Club guests are being accommodated in the Ewa tower. If you are fortunate to get upgrade to one of the suites you may be accommodated in the Diamond Head tower.

The Club has been less crowded with the decline in value of the Japanese yen. Most reservations coming in will be with "North American" guests. How quickly things change.
Oh so true and they just did all that renovations when the yen was high !

Have no idea what's going on at the Hyatt today with food service but they need to get their being nice now their hands around it pretty quick. When they closed the Colony that was the beginning of the end.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Perhaps it's time for someone to ask a question that actually has an answer! :-)
We have MER rate booked for four nights at the HR Waikiki. We are only lowly platinums in what seems like a field of diamonds! Can we expect an upgrade on this rate (obviously not with a diamond suite, but something like ocean view sure would be nice).
Thanks
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Steve007NY
Perhaps it's time for someone to ask a question that actually has an answer! :-)
We have MER rate booked for four nights at the HR Waikiki. We are only lowly platinums in what seems like a field of diamonds! Can we expect an upgrade on this rate (obviously not with a diamond suite, but something like ocean view sure would be nice).
Thanks
Your question doesn't really have anything to do with MER rate booking. Whether you book at full price, MER rate, P+C, points, credit card award, or some super low corporate rate, you should still receive an upgrade that reflects your status, provided availability exists.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE

That's my experience too, was assigned to a EWA tower room.
The renovated room is pretty nice I would say. New and elegant
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:32 pm

To a number of different programs, each of which has different rules. That's why I was checking. Glad it will still be upgrade eligible!
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
To a number of different programs, each of which has different rules. That's why I was checking. Glad it will still be upgrade eligible!
With the exception of the horrible IHG I have never heard of any chain where Status Benefits are dependent on paid/award stays.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
With the exception of the horrible IHG I have never heard of any chain where Status Benefits are dependent on paid/award stays.
Hyatt itself has them (e.g. you cannot use a Diamond Suite Upgrade on an award stay)
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:27 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Thanks
I would say that you have a good chance of getting a partial ocean view which I actually prefer to the direct ocean view.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by peteropny
... a partial ocean view which I actually prefer to the direct ocean view.
+1 This is true of many Waikiki hotels. A few buildings and especially a view of Diamond Head nicely frames the view of the ocean. Especially at night it is much nicer to have a view of all the lit up towers rather than just a black expanse of dark water.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:58 pm

Just found a room at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for wounds in a few dollars of the same as the MER rate. Given my status with HILTON, and the fact that there is a real resort (if ridiculously huge) feel, no traffic between the room and the beach, and multiple (non-rooftop) pools, the upgrade issue is now moot.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:59 pm

Wounds=within
Old Dec 9, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy LTT,
Originally Posted by herbertgzb
That's my experience too, was assigned to a EWA tower room.
The renovated room is pretty nice I would say. New and elegant
Just checked in tonight. Paid 6 night stay on Double Points Rate.

EWA tower due to construction ok, but a City View room?

It was 11pm, too tired to fight for a better room and the Hyatt website was down, couldn't verify better room availability.

Update: Just checked after unpacking and Ocean Views are available. So much for "best room available" at check-in.

First time at this hotel and not a good first impression. Hoping it improves tomorrow.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Inquire again. With six nights you want to see ocean and deserve to see if available. Remember the Honolulu JAL marathon this coming up so rooms are probably booked up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.