Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:38 pm

Just returned home from a 3 week stay at the Hyatt in 4060. Amazing suite and felt so good to have this suite. Have lots of pictures of this remodeled suite.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I think I was in that room the last time. It's the one with the full kitchen, right? It was a 2 bedroom suite and had 4 lanais.

We had so much room we asked my parents to come stay with us

If they keep giving us these phenomenal suites we may never leave the hotel
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I think I was in that room the last time. It's the one with the full kitchen, right? It was a 2 bedroom suite and had 4 lanais.
Actually, it's 6 lanais. I'm looking at them now.

Amazing suite. It has the full dining room table for 10 in front of the full kitchen, large living room, separate office/den, King master (w/ huge bath) and second bedroom with 2 twins. It occupies what I think would otherwise be the space of 6 rooms. It is considered the Presidential Suite -- on the top floor, above what used to be the Regency Club.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World

Amazing suite. It has the full dining room table for 10 in front of the full kitchen, large living room, separate office/den, King master (w/ huge bath) and second bedroom with 2 twins. It occupies what I think would otherwise be the space of 6 rooms. It is considered the Presidential Suite -- on the top floor, above what used to be the Regency Club.
How i wish =*( Been calling everyday to try to use a DSU for our stay next week, so far no luck
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:40 pm

They referred to it as the Presidential Suite. Was remodeled recently and its a super place to stay. The pans, flatware, oven, etc are top notch. Our family was super happy in this excellent suite. Each room had a balcony,, the master BR, the Study, a few in the living room, the dining room, the other bedroom.

The only negative was the small full bath off the study did not have a TO TO toilet so the daughter insisted on using the other 2 bathrooms because of the novelty. Oh well,,, we didn't mind.

If you have the extra money for this Presidential Suite I highly recommend it.

FYI: The non master bedroom houses two FULL size beds not twins.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:47 pm

A few Suite 4060 Pictures

Dining Room:

Part of Master Bath

Master Bath

Study/Office with balcony

Study/Office

Second Bedroom

Kitchen

Living Room

Bar Area off Living area

Very happy Child...lol

Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:36 am

Is that Porsche?

Nice pics.

-David
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World

Then I was in the one next door - the only other one with a full kitchen. When I checked in last time, I told them they had so spoiled me, I would be expected that one

Seriously, it was huge, and actually too big for us. I would have been happy with the old regency club, but it was occupied
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:29 am

I doubt this is the suite most "regular" Diamonds would get at this hotel.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:32 am

It absolutely is not. Those of us posting in this thread who have received these beautiful suites are long time and regular customers. I sometimes go for at least a week twice a year.

Because they are so nice, and have some really nice things in them, I suspect that they're giving them to "known" customers rather than someone just showing up for the first time with a DSU.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
It absolutely is not. Those of us posting in this thread who have received these beautiful suites are long time and regular customers. I sometimes go for at least a week twice a year.

Because they are so nice, and have some really nice things in them, I suspect that they're giving them to "known" customers rather than someone just showing up for the first time with a DSU.
No doubt. And this is exactly the problem I and others have mentioned on this thread-playing favorites by the management and ignoring the Hyatt GP T&Cs when it comes to the assignment of rooms to Diamond guests. I've voted with my wallet and moved on, with my last visit to HNL being at the Trump. That was a pleasure trip with family and we booked through AmEx Plat FHR. Although first time guests, we were upgraded to a wonderful one bedroom suite with a great ocean view. Of course the per diem was more than the Hyatt but the service and overall experience was a multiplier many times more than the price difference.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:02 am

As I said earlier, when I first started staying at the Hyatt, I would know exactly what was available when I checked in, asked to see the room location, and refused a room that wasn't at least ocean view if it was available.

However, given that this hotel is under a lot of pressure for free stays or C&P stays, and they're running high occupancy for a while now, it does not surprise me at all that they don't have suites or prime rooms available. When I was last there, they were at 99% nearly my entire stay.

I think your issue really should be with them not honoring the T&C rather than the management playing favorites. They are rewarding long time and frequent guests, and I'm sure every hotel out there does the same.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JetAway
No doubt. And this is exactly the problem I and others have mentioned on this thread-playing favorites by the management and ignoring the Hyatt GP T&Cs when it comes to the assignment of rooms to Diamond guests.
Better read those again then..... there is no "free" suite upgrade for Diamonds, and a DSU gets you the most basic suite (again without any expectations of any further upgrade).

The not giving Diamonds the best available room in the non-suite category happens at a lot of properties, and sometimes I can even understand that with the number of Diamonds staying. Who get's the best room then, the first Diamond checking in or the frequent visitor that checks in later.... so it's a bit of a crap shoot there.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Better read those again then..... there is no "free" suite upgrade for Diamonds, and a DSU gets you the most basic suite (again without any expectations of any further upgrade).

The not giving Diamonds the best available room in the non-suite category happens at a lot of properties, and sometimes I can even understand that with the number of Diamonds staying. Who get's the best room then, the first Diamond checking in or the frequent visitor that checks in later.... so it's a bit of a crap shoot there.
My experience (and I have stayed there several times) relates to not giving a Diamond the best available room when they are clearly selling "better" rooms on their website. Even when I've shown them the available higher category rooms on my iPhone or iPad they wouldn't budge. The last time there, the clerk essentially said take it or leave it, you're not getting any of those rooms. And that was literally my last time there. "Best available" means just that and the T&Cs do not give the hotels the latitude you suggest. The hotel clearly does not play by Hyatt's own rules and needs to be called out on it.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:29 am

I suggest you contact the hotel manager if that was the case. The front desk should not do such a thing. However, if you were talking about a better suite, the hotel was correct. If there was a better view room available for all the dates of your stay, they were wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.