Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Got stuck in one for 15+ minutes, by myself.
Elevator phone didn't work. At the time it stuck it made a loud crashing sound.
It was very hot in there.
even when off peak the elevators are horrible. they actually shut down to save money. Thank you Blackstone!! Just returned and the staff and indeed guest can not wait for the transfer of the property away from Blackstone to a Korean company that hopefully will not continue the downward spiral beginning with GS and continued with Blackstone. You can see it everywhere the buffet is worse than it ever has been, the hotel is just not clean. The room refresh this time was finally done well I give them credit for that at least.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Seems this hotel is now restricting inventory to force people to redeem higher points. I'm looking at 3 nights in July next year and the least expensive room they are selling is partial ocean. They do have mountain view but only Regency Club Mountain. So in turn the lowest point redemption they are offering is Regency Club Mountain for 27,000 points per night.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by SF1K
Seems this hotel is now restricting inventory to force people to redeem higher points. I'm looking at 3 nights in July next year and the least expensive room they are selling is partial ocean. They do have mountain view but only Regency Club Mountain. So in turn the lowest point redemption they are offering is Regency Club Mountain for 27,000 points per night.
Call Diamond desk this is typical for this and the Maui Andaz property
Old Sep 17, 2016, 3:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That's all per rules. The gaming occurs when a property has base room available but only as part of a package. Base room here is "City View." If they do not have a City View room available for sale, the property is not required to make anything available for awards.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Is it around the 4th? If so, that would explain them limiting inventory.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Is it around the 4th? If so, that would explain them limiting inventory.
Week after 12 to 15. Yes 4th is usually busy (love the Fireworks in Waikiki). I've sent a quick email to VIP contact - we'lol see otherwise holding Royal Hawaiian on Points and Cash, have always wanted to stay there anyway.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 4:56 pm

Update.

Contacted the hotel and they loaded the rates for 2017! They emailed me back saying Reservations loaded them and I can book through GP. Actually was able to do so online. ^^^
Old Oct 6, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's all per rules. The gaming occurs when a property has base room available but only as part of a package. Base room here is "City View." If they do not have a City View room available for sale, the property is not required to make anything available for awards.
So they make 20K rate unavailable and we need to pay 27K? So can we call GP and ask? The 27K is for
Regency Club Mountain View but we don't need the breakfast package.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Anyway we could get the 20K points rate or P+C? Or I should look for another hotel in HNL? Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Are there city view rooms available for sale? If so, contact customer service and indicate that you should be able to use the 20k award rate instead of the RC rate.

If they're not available, then there's no other way to get them. Same for P&C.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Nice place. Got a floor and view upgrade for Diamond. Parking is valet only.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by jayer
Hey, cool. I just looked out my window. I got a view too! ...and a little deck with chairs.

(Work trip, so I haven't been in the room during daylight hours.)

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Nov 8, 2016 at 10:41 am
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jayer
Self parking was a nightmare. The most difficult parking structure I've ever experienced.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Booking Hawaii end of month . . . HR is $252 vs. $180 for HHV, $228 for Ali'i (which is what I booked). Seriously? Beachfront, better room, cheaper . . . and 52 points/dollar with current 3x promotion.

I always look first to Hyatt, but wow, Hilton is getting most of my stays lately (3 of last 5).
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Booking Hawaii end of month . . . HR is $252 vs. $180 for HHV, $228 for Ali'i (which is what I booked). Seriously? Beachfront, better room, cheaper . . . and 52 points/dollar with current 3x promotion.

I always look first to Hyatt, but wow, Hilton is getting most of my stays lately (3 of last 5).
Ali'i even though no more doorman, the "girls" are gone is still a damn nice place to stay and it's "on" the beach! One of our favorites. Plus the private pool works well

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.